Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Trukks and Trakks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,391 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
Ok, so the basic question is, what makes a trukk or a trakk? Is it just wheels vs track units? Or is it a size thing? When you purchase a trukk, are you paying extra to fit more boyz in it, or just for the extra speed? Example: I have a trukk sized model with trakks instead of rear wheels. Is this a trukk or a trakk?

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,801 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
That would likely be a trakk. Trakks aren't as fast, but they handle better. But capacity is, essentially, however many models fits on your vehicle.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts

Ok, so the basic question is, what makes a trukk or a trakk? Is it just wheels vs track units?

One costs five more teef and is a bit faster. It also has to have wheels rather than tracks. It seems a bit dumb phrasing it like that but it really is that simple.

Or is it a size thing? When you purchase a trukk, are you paying extra to fit more boyz in it, or just for the extra speed?

You're paying for speed and better handling of difficult terrain (see page 33 of Da Roolz). Capacity is literal in Gorkamorka. The capacity is determined purely by how many models fit on the model. If you build it larger to hold more boyz that's useful but it's now harder to fit through narrow gaps, harder to hide behind cover, and worst of all it's a much bigger target for ramming/gubbinz attacks.

Example: I have a trukk sized model with trakks instead of rear wheels. Is this a trukk or a trakk?

Consider your question for a moment - "Trukk size" doesn't really make sense because size isn't a defining quality of trukks. They're trukks/buggies if they have wheels and no tracks, that's the only defining quality. I was about to say "more than two wheels" but I'd love to see a trukk that was two gyroscopically balanced wheels with a platform for boyz! But yes, if it's a bike it's fairly obvious that it's a bike.

So the model you describe has tracks I would say that makes it a trak. I have two large traks that can go toe-to-toe with the current GW trukk kit in terms of size but they're not as fast. One has a custom 'Eavy Shoota with a gunner who is BS5 (or possibly six, I can't be bothered to dig out the roster right now) and the Dakka! Dakka! skill. The customisation bumps its strength up to 6 and it has Loadsa Ammo. It gets pretty brutal!

WeRT

WeRT

Syringe Squig

• Grotz
  • 76 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh?
One day i tried to to solve this "problem" size vs. wheels/trakks - i even make a diagram but when i end, i realize this all will slaughter the best things GoMo have. No matter how many boys you have, if you can put them inside it's okey :)

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 442 posts
Exactly! That's the spirit of Gorkamorka!