Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

starting a new gang of orlocks

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
Evening all. Recently found a local gaming club that is easy for me to get too, and I've been attending for the past couple of weeks, and they have a necromunda campaign going, so hopefully this week i'll be joining in. Had a dug though the loft and found out the old plastic orlocks and goliaths and then worked out a orlock gang to use, then hunted round on eBay to try to get the missing models i needed. If I fail to win those models however, i was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on what 3rd party models could be used to represent orlocks, and also what 3rd party guns might works as well. I know an easy option is to get chatachans and convert them into orlocks, I've already worked out how to do that and i most likely already have the models in storage around here, i was just wondering if there were any other ranges that might be suitable and also any guns from those ranges that i might be able to use.

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,808 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Hmm well, you can use plastic Catachans, but plastic Umies is as cliché as it gets. I rather dislike the plastic Umie route, as too many people do that already.

There are always Necromunda models up on ebay. You can get some real bargains if you are determined. If you prefer the old Orlocks, don't forget to bid for old metal catachans. They fit incredibly well with the classic Orlocks.

As far as companies that sell weapons, there are many, but one that springs to mind immediately is Hasslefree miniatures, who, in addition to having some excellent models, also have a great Sci-Fi armoury you could make use of.

As to alternatives, again, there will be quite a few. A company called Scotia Grendel still supplies all the Void and Urbanwar/Urban Mammoth miniatures, and their Viridian Marines might be what you're looking for. If you check the back page, you can get a pack of 5 of them for £8.

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 289 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
thanks dim, can always rely on you to find something good. managed to get some models off eBay, will try to win some more, but those Viridian commandos look too good to pass up, i'll get me a bunch of them.

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth