Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Orko Maliss

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Razda

Razda

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 46 posts
  • Army Name:Goldtooth's Trenchboyz
Your wallpaper post was on my fungus day haha. I can't express how much I enjoy seeing great conversions coupled with painting excellence. Your work is an inspiration dude.

Cheers

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz

Cheers, and a belated Happy Fungus Day  :cheers

DeffSkulz got some dredds

A MegaDredd

Mega_Dredd_front.jpg

Mega_Dredd_Rear.jpg

Some 'little' Dredds

Beekydredd_Done.jpg

c_Sentidredd_Done.jpg

d_Onslorta_Done.jpg

Meka Dread's finished too

IMG_0779.jpg 

IMG_0785.jpg

with a beekydredd for company/size comparison

Dredd_MekkaDredd.jpg

And a scratch built one

62_finished1.jpg

62_finished2.jpg

r_squared

r_squared

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 341 posts
I love your army, it's so grungy and coarse I can practically taste it.
  • Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Cheers, depending on how the draw pans out you might get a taste of them in just under a fortnight  :biggrin

Saturday_mega_battle.jpg

Loopy

Loopy

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
  • Army Name:WAAGH! Drillteef

Some really sick work in this thread. Those Lootaz are inspired and I do love your methodology with the vehicles. Unabashed!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Oooops, a belated Cheers owed there :blush

Another WaaaghMeet came and went

IMAG1282.jpg

Been looking at making some riggaz for my new stompa, did what I did last time I built a stompa and had a look at GW's grots, came to the same conclusion as last time ie too much hassle to convert, so did what I did last time and painted them vanilla off the sprue

IMG_0910.jpg

Then got a Buzzgob from FW and painted his bannagrot

grotbanna.jpg

And got some FW grot loaders and painted a few of them

AmmoGrots_front.jpg

AmmoGrots_back.jpg

Very nice quality sculpts, now to see if I can copy/convert some riggaz out of them :biggrin

• Zagursnik likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Had a look at victorpofa's Julie threat pix and chased them back to a site called postimage, read their terms and conditions, it's free and as long as you aren't infringing anyone's copyright they seem cool with linking to third party sites as long as you use the 'hotlink for forum' links - just copy/paste into the post - don't use the forum picturebox on the toolbar.

So here's some painted up slapshootaz

Slapshootaz1.jpg

Did the pix as two mobs of 15 to try and show 'em off a bit better

Slapshootaz2.jpg

coz

Slapshootaz_Mob.jpg

they get a bit cluttered when they all mob up - but orks aren't meant to be tidy :biggrin

Might as well put my 'new' mek in here too

Pain_Mek.jpg

BaSMek.jpg

• DocNuK, Giganotosaurus and Garr like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Found these (all primered up from years ago) while I was trying to clear some room in my flat

barricades_by_badfang-dbl2jqg.jpg

Of course painting them hasn't actually created any more room but at least it's got me painting again :biggrin

• DocNuK, Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Been trying to replace all the pix that turned into black boxes and have been a bit underwhelmed by the quality of the pix I've recently been getting, so I had a play with my camera and found a setting marked ISO (it's in big white letters on the back of a black camera), I'd not bothered with it before 'coz ISO is a film speed rating and it doesn't have film 'coz it's digital. Anyway, I took it off auto and set it to 100 ASA and gave that a go on some old RT plastics I'd found

freebootaz_by_badfang-dbly1fb.jpg

Dats betta

rogue_trader_orks_by_badfang-dbly1ez.jpg

Lots betta, and ere's one of Badfang when he were just a Kernul

i_kommand_by_badfang-dbly1f5.jpg

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
Now, I might just be saying this because I mostly Internet on my phone, but your olden days boyz are very photogenic. It's probably just a case of unweathered colours being easier to pick out on the small screen.

Even back then you were getting some pretty heavy converting done.

I would like to see a picture of grown-up Badfang next, please.
"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Cheers Garslag, the original plastics only had two poses and since I can't be doing with an army of identi-orks it didn't take long for the Milliput to come out. Done yez front and back shots of 'Badfang through the Ages' - left to right Kernul, Jenrul and Space Marshul (a bit like a General but with real stars) Badfang

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1464.jpg

And a comparison shot with his 'allies' Vroomdakka SunBurnz and Skulk OozToof?

IMG_1465.jpg

Badfang might not look too impressive but only one of them's not wearing mega armour (it's fer pussies - shoulda called it moggy armour)

In other news, I've finally replaced all my black boxes (in this thread anyway) - the army pix are a bit odd showing stuff that's been completed since the original post date but it beats looking at same old boxes again and again  :cheers

• Garslag and Giganotosaurus like this

Garslag

Garslag

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 595 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag

I likes it!  Those Badfangs are all (almost) complete sculpts right?  The General's axe looks familiar but there's nothing else I recognise.

Space Marshall is da best, although I like Kernel quite a lot too.  Space Marshall though - pose, face... looks like he means bizzness.  Nice blend between your usual grimy paint style and a little bit of olden dayz colour thrown in.  Hard to figure the scale though - from the base size I'm thinking he's probably a little bit bigger than a Citadel Warboss, but quite a bit bulkier?

"Parry the 6!"

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,687 posts

Cheers Garslag, the Kernul has a reposed RT plastic core using the same head as the grenade launcha ork but with the jaw cut off and re-angled, I would describe him as 'heavily modified' although there isn't much on show that isn't Milliput ;)  The Jenrul is pretty much all Milliput around a wire and balsa wood core and only the axe is GW from the 3rd/4th ed warboss (whenever it was that the nobz got bigger) and the Space Marshul started off as a Mantic orc captain but got a lot bigger - the front of the ammo box under his left foot and a small patch on the inside of his right thigh are the only bits of restic that are still on the surface :lol

As for scale, Skulk (the bloo 'un) is an AoBR warboss with his left arm reposed slightly, feet and legs built up with Milliput, spare bits of battlewaggon stuck into Milliput plating on his body and shoulders, battlewaggon stikkbom launcha glued onto the back of his PK and lower jaw reposed. They are all on 40mm bases and the Space Marshull is about 40mm high from the top of his base to the lower edge of the peak of his hat and about 70mm high to the top of his gun barrel :cheers