Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Da Orko Maliss

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
Started these as a painting threat in July 2009, OK, teensy bit late but
Project2.jpg
Project1.jpg
Finally sussed out that if I sloppybrushed the armour plates in boltgun/tinbitz/brass & copper and then washed seven bells out of them with a thickish black oil wash, they end up looking halfway decent. That chuffed with them that I decided to give them some evvy armoured back-up using my old Fittaz mob and some newer Blorc Mreenz that had been sitting around not black for ages. Of course, first I had to sort out my three burnas
Burnas_Pre_putting_F.jpg
Burnas_Pre_putting_R.jpg

by giving one a mini big shoota gun and another a big Tommy gun, the other one got a slugga & choppa - good job orks don't have Unions.
Burnas_Post_putting_F.jpg
minigun1.jpg minigun2.jpg
The ammo belt is taken from the one on the side of the big shoota boyz backpack, carefully cut off, moulded in Milliput and then cast in black Milliput (dust the mould with MIG's Brass 'weathering' powder first) which was removed whilst still pliable and drooped to fit. (Also decided the barrels on the minigun were a bit too long - sawn-off minigun, how proppa can you get?).
And then giving them all the same treatment as the MANZ
Fittaz1f.jpg
Fitttaz1b.jpg
And doing the same to the Blorcs
Blorcs1f.jpg
Blorcs1r.jpg
Well, it's cleared a bit of space :biggrin
  • det and Deffz Ead like this

Deathskull Ned

Deathskull Ned

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 243 posts
  • Army Name:Da Proud Tooths
... These are god like. So very grimdark! Loving the angry faces and positioning of the limbs.
My Orkz
My grotz coming soon...
My fluff

orjetax

orjetax

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Really cool, I like the execution of the black armor. And very appropriate use of small patches of color to add interest.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

..... Loving the angry faces and positioning of the limbs.

Cheers Ned, the Blorcs have got a lot of potential for movement in them, does beg the question 'why are the ork boyz such a pain to do anything with?' :sowhat

Really cool,

Ta muchly, these may be of a bit more interest to you

tank1.jpg

Got the sluggaz up-barreled with some ally tube, added a few spare rokkits and walloped them with a light shade of fish'ed yellow, and then started playing with oil washes again

Project6.jpg
Project7.jpg
Project9.jpg
Project11.jpg
Project12.jpg
Project13.jpg

The nob is an old 2nd ed Evil Sunz warboss, cut in half just above the bottom of the breastplate, then cut vertically down the back across the shoulders then built up with Milliput to a suitably 3rd ed bulk. The coat was then tailored from flat bits of Milliput cut to shape and fitted, the PK arm was then sleeved and fitted. When I originally built the mob for 3rd ed, the nob had a bionik arm with a rokkit launcha fitted, now that we're on 4th ed I had to choose between the PK and the RL (can't have both), couldn't see much point in paying for a nob and just getting another RL so I gave him a swagga stikk instead (couched spear arm from the fantasy orcs set)

Project14.jpg

Counts as a Boss Pole

Project15.jpg Project18.jpg

It is an ORK swagga stikk :biggrin

orjetax

orjetax

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Hey I see the RT-era plastic guys in there! The mid-swing tankhammer stands out. Is the smoke sculpted from green stuff, or did you use another approach?

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Hey I see the RT-era plastic guys in there!

Thought you might ;) , sorry it's taken me so long to reply - dongle + mac not equalling internet :?

The mid-swing tankhammer stands out. Is the smoke sculpted from green stuff, or did you use another approach?

Enjoyed making a figure straight off the sprue, the smoke was originally made from car body filler stuck to a bent bit of wire but it was heavy :( .

Project21.jpg

Because the weight was so far off the centreline of the model, it caused chronic wobbly model syndrome (even with a penny glued under the base for ballast). Cutting it back and re-doing the end in black Milliput still leaves the model prone to falling over, when I read your question it did get me wondering about trying another way

Project20.jpg

So, I made a rough cone shape out of expanded ally with a bit of paperclip superglued into the end to stick in the back of the rokkit

Project19.jpg

And put a few bits of yellow/grey Milliput into the mesh for the fluorescent yellow and orange flame effect which will then have black Milliput smoke applied over it. I'm hoping that if the middle is empty then it'll stop overbalencing the model :bang

Got some lootaz finished - 'fraid the light's a bit excessive but all the other shots came out way too dark, I'll have to add sorting some light out to the 'to do' list.

Project4.jpg Project5.jpg

Project6.jpg Project7.jpg

Project8.jpg Project9.jpg

Project10.jpg Project11.jpg

Project1.jpg

Project2.jpg

Project3.jpg

I didn't think they'd need much doing to them, was quite surprised to find I'd already done them (looking at the pics I can see a couple of belt straps I've missed). I think I'd not counted them as done because the accompanying boss mek and his junka are still WIP.

boss loosalot

boss loosalot

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 78 posts
  • Army Name:itsallfutile
Loving your stuff mate! very dynamic and good muted colours. :thumbs
bloody wraithlords!!!!

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

...... very dynamic and good muted colours. :thumbs

Cheers, I'm still trying to feel my way with DeffSkulz - can see orks looting bright clothing, just can't see it staying bright for long with an ork wearing it :biggrin

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Did some Spanna Boyz that seem to have been looted by the ether

spannas1f.jpg

spannas1r.jpg

spannas2f.jpg

Spannas2r.jpg

spannas all.jpg

And they've got a skraptrukk

NSF empty.jpg

Wiv stikky on bits

OSFdekk ram wrekka 2.jpg

and big enuff to cart da boyz around

OS fully loaded.jpg

NSR fully loaded.jpg

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Made some burnaz (about six months ago), finally got bored chucking paint at 'em  :sowhat

BurnaBoyz.jpg

Wasn't ecstatic about the paint on my KFF BossMek either

Boss_Mek.jpg

So he's been re-looted  :biggrin

He started off as a thieving no-good looting git and now he's back with the company he deserves

• Redtoof, Zagursnik, r_squared and 1 other like this

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 926 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz

I love your gritty, beaten style. All the stuff you've posted has been a treat. 

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Much appreciated, they're still not quite where I want them but they are getting closer.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Done some Flashgitz - probably need my head looking at but it seemed like a good idea at the time

combogitz.jpg

There's enough paint needs to be thrown at them that I can thoroughly recommend that anyone looking for a quick addition to their army should Avoid These Like The Plague  :bang

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Finally got round to setting all my BloodAxes up for an army shot, thought it might as well go in here 

Da_Perfeshunelz.jpg

This is a current shot as of 30/08/17 and includes everything done up to that date (original shot got etten by da bukkit monster) - I really need a bigga board (hadn't enough room to include my three SP lobbaz and a couple more 'trukks' had to be left out too)  :biggrin

Da SunBurnz

IMG_1292.jpg

About two years newer than the original but the only additions have been 5 BikerNobz, one painboy on bike, one trukk and about eight boyz - and this time I remembered to include the dakkajets :biggrin

Da OozToofs?

IMG_1426.jpg

Again a bit newer than the Original pik with the burnaz skraptrukk, dredds and mega/mekka dredds included (really gonna have to get a different coloured backdrop for these guys) - (got one :biggrin ).

• warhead01 and 'Urghnould like this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

BloodAxes have got a new toy

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

It's also got a BIG GUN

IMG_1389.jpg

s'called

IMG_1387.jpg

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Me BloodAxe army's got a bit big to all hide behind seventeen grots

More_Grots_zpsg6udlu3c.jpg

Having twenty-two to hide behind is so much safer  :thumbs

PhillyT

PhillyT

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 904 posts
  • Army Name:Dakka Ghulthrakka's Boyz

WOW! 

I love how grimmy and caked with nasty those things are!  It isn't easy to make orks look bad without making the actual appearance of the paint quality look bad.  It takes some subtle work and you nailed it here!

• Badfang Brassaxe likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

LOL, too filthy tends to look a mess, too clean looks wrong and there's a huge amount of scope for naff in between - chuffed you think I'm managing to avoid the worst of it  :thumbs

• Garslag likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

Got me other skaptrukk done

IMG_1453.jpg

nsrob2.jpg

Used up pretty much the last of my GW boyz bits for the kroo

nsf1.jpg

off1.jpg

Chuffed as owt it'll actually fit all my burnaz in  :biggrin

• Dallo likes this

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Wartrukk Gunner

• Boyz
  • 1,688 posts

It's too hot to do anything constructive here so I've mucked around making wallpapers from some pikkies that got lost last time the board crashed, Here's me noo Warboss Space Marshul Brassaxe

Space_Martial_zpsmkts9fso.jpg

And Kaptin Dim Berk ov da u/sS Benterprise

Dim_Berk_zpsi3eegqbv.jpg 

• Zagursnik likes this