Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaagh Gornak (Fantasy PLOG)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Gornak

Gornak

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
'Well guys da boss has made me show you some of da boyz like so you's don't go trespassing in our territories. Though if ya wanna I'm sure we can organize a krumping.'

Well guys this is my plog for the other half of my greenskin addiction; my fantasy orcs. I basically bought a whole tonne of orc boyz (bought three or four of the boxes before the number in them was cut in half) so I have about 100 of them to paint up along with several characters and I need to repaint a unit of Black Orcs (or rather finish them up).

Anyway I'm going for a whole disparate tribe sort of look where all the boyz have been integrated from beaten tribes rather than having units follow a overall theme. This I think makes for a more believable orc army than a regimented and unified look and will hopefully stop me getting bored as I can just mix it up a bit and try something new.

So yer that's the idea for the whole army. Unfortunately I only have a few models painted up at the moment (Well ok, I have quite a few painted up but as my style has finally developed to a point where I think I'm really happy with going ahead and trying to paint everything they look a bit stupid stood next to the new guys and way to bright and clean.).

Anyway here's the photo's I have so far for you.

One of the finished Black Orcs (though I need to repaint the base trim). I've got 19 more of these guys that need the edging done on the armour and highlights everywhere else and unlike everything else in the army they have a unified blood covered look to represent them being Black Orc's and more disciplined.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now for the rank and file (all three of them). Not much but shows how I'm going for a real mixed and random approach. These are all from the same unit and yes I know their all differently armed. The plan is to have a large amount of them armed with one hand weapon and knife or shield and then have the rest armed with two hand weapons or spears. This way I can have the unit and run them as all the options just shove all the guys with the right armament to the front and the rest to the back. Obviously I plan on running them as hand weapon and shield most the time but I like to have the option and it shouldn't present to much of a problem unless I play a real WYSIWYG stringent person.

Also shown is the standard which I'm currently painting alongside the shot gun ork for my Nob army in 40k. I think i still need to bloody the standard up a bit as it looks a bit clean still but we'll see.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now before I post this I would liek to say that the splatters on the standard are meant to be blood not fire which is kind of what they look like in the photo.

Also I've done a skin recipe for the standard guy in case anyone is interested.

Skin
Base: Gretchin Green
Wash: Green
Layer: Gretchin Green
Layer: Camo Green
Highlight: Nugling Green/Desert Yellow
Highlight: As above w/ Bleached Bone

There you all go hope you enjoy and that its in the right place (please feel free to move it mods if its not).

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Gornak/James

Silverback

Silverback

Mendin' Squig

• Grotz
  • 73 posts
Those are fantastic!

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
cool. but wrong forum. ther is a fantasy section you know.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

Zagursnik

Zagursnik

Loots from da Lootaz

• Freebooterz
  • 2,558 posts
  • Army Name:Orks of da Pink Floyd
Very nice detailing. I especially like the lad with the spear....that "weave" work on his back is outstanding. :thumbs
"I guess...Grot...you just gotta hold that ol' snazzgun in your hand and it all comes clear to you like it was for me that first time. That's when I knew my one true calling in life.

"And wut's dat Boss?"

"I'm a natural born flashgit kill-joy"

"Ask yourself, this is the age before mechanical weapons. How long does it take to kill 70,000 human beings with swords and spears one at a time? The answer seems to be about 6 hours." Richard Gabriel

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,806 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Beautiful work - but this belongs in the Fantasy section, so I'll move this over there for ya.
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Gornak

Gornak

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
Replies:

Silverback: Thanks

ridin_shotgun: Thanks and I wasn't sure whether they went over there or over here as I couldn't see any project logs in the Shaman's Cave. Turns out I got it wrong lol but it's moved now so all's good.

Zagursnik: Thanks and I'm glad the tartan effect worked. There's another attempt in this update too.

Nosher:
Thanks and cheers for moving it. Wasn't sure where it was meant to go.

Update Time:

'Ere's another update for youz lot.'

Just another small update for you all. Now regarding the standard although I was happy with it it didn't have the feel I wanted it to have. The idea is that it was meant to be made from skin but the original didn't look like this . So I tried to rectify it and redo it to look like it was made up of lots of different skins but it looked really disjointed and not very nice. It would also have been really hard to replicate the effect on my already painted Black orc Banner which I don't want to damage the freehand on. As such I went back to a single skin colour but tried to make it look like it was made up of several pieces.

Below is the result of these attempts as well as another updated boy to join them making that six models all finished so far and my recipe for the rusty armour as requested on the Warseer forums.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The rust recipe.

Base: Warplock Bronze
Patchy Layer: Boltgun Metal
Stipple: Blazing Orange
Stipple: Warplock Bronze
Lightly Stipple: Boltgun Metal
Edge Highlight: Mithril Silver

There you all go. Not much but hey its still an update. Hope you enjoy it and comments and critiscms welcomed.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Gornak/James

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Gornak/James

Gornak

Gornak

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
Update Time:

'Wez got some more of da boyz ready.'

Just another small update for you all here. Got a couple more Orc's done up including the boss for the first mob as well as a couple more Black Orc's Not really much else to say so I'll just show you the pictures below.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Black Orc's

Posted Image

Posted Image

There we go thats all for now. On the desk to paint at the moment is:

1x Black Orc Standard
1x Orc Drummer
6x Orc Boyz
2x Ork Nobz (for my 40k army)

Not sure when I'll get these done what with christmas coming up but will try and updte again before then.

If not however

HAPPY WAAAAAGHMAS EVERYONE!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh

Gornak/James

Gornak

Gornak

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
Update Time:

'Right now you'z lot has had all dat turkey like time to get back to krumping dings.'

Well got a bit done since last time I've updated this thread so thought it was time I did a new one. The boys unit is coming along well and I've only got four more boys to touch up (plus 16 black orcs) before I can start working from plastic up. Planning on painting up 20 boys before I move onto the Black Orcs properly.

Anyway speaking of the Black Orcs here's the updated banner bearer to bring him more into line with the new one for the standard boys (as in knitted skin). Had to be a bit careful however as I didn't want to have to redo the freehand this time as it was a bit more complex than the crossed swords.

Anyway here he is with the rest of the Black Orcs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that's out of the way here's some of the new regular boys as well as a shot of the whole unit. Finally have the first legal fully painted unit.

Night goblin themed orc for no reason other than it was a Warhammer specific design rather than the middle ages approach I was going for (Celtic, viking etc) and I wanted a few mixed into the other guys. Plus I like the shield design.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Random spear dude with an attempt at ripped effect on the material on his shield.
Posted Image

Savage Orc themed musician finished.
Posted Image

Posted Image

(CONTINUED BELOW DUE TO IMAGE LIMIT)

Gornak

Gornak

• Grotz
  • 18 posts
(CONTINUED FROM ABOVE)

Random guy that's a bit brighter than the rest but hey there all meant to be random. Not sure what I was going for with his shield but I think it turned out nice.
Posted Image

4 New guys together.
Posted Image

The unit so far.
Posted Image

Posted Image

That's all for now though I got all this loot for christmas so I may get sidetracked soon (and probably begin a Lord Of The Rings/Hobbit thread too).
Posted Image

If not then here's a list of what's on my desk at the moment to paint.

4xOrcs
1x Small squabbling unit filler containing two orcs and some loot.
1x Ork Nob

Anyway I'm off now to doing some good old partying so I hope you have a good New Year and enjoy this last update of the 2012.

Waaaaaaagh!

Gornak/James

Gornak

Gornak

• Grotz
  • 18 posts

Update Time:

Happy new yearz youz lot. Gots da furst update of 2014 ere for yaz!

Well firstly I hope everyone had a good new years and didn't drink to much fungus beer.

Secondly I've got a small update for you all. Completed the next three boys on the painting desk so have a total of15 finished now (not including the four Black Orcs). Just the ones that make up the unit filler and the two guys with spears to go till the unit is finished.

Anyway here's the photo's.

Firstly another boy in blue.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Some boy with a funky shield design about to hurl himself off a rock at the enemy (or another one of the boys).
Posted Image

A rather simple evil looking boy with a huge cleaver.
Posted Image

Posted Image

(Sorry about how dark the last image is.)

That's all pictures wise for the moment. Below is the recipe for my blue as per request.

Blue Recipe:

Base: Mordian Blue
Layer: Mordian Blue/Ultramarines Blue
Highlight: Ultramarine Blue
Finally Highlight: Ultramarine Blue/ Blue Horror

Oh and as usual before I forget here's a list of whats on the painting desk:
1x Orc Nob
5x Orc Boy's (including one base used in an eventual filler).

Right that's all for now. Hope you've all enjoyed the first of hopefully many updates this year.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

Gornak/James