Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fanatics questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ugly Green Trog

Ugly Green Trog

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 37 posts
Hey all, Looking into getting a greenskin army in preparation for the Warhammer Forge Blackfire Pass book (my mate plays Empire) and upon reading the OnG book I had a few fanatic questions: 1) Once released do your fanatics get rolled for independently straight away? I.E are they all released on the same 2d6 distance or are they rolled individually? 2) Can they be released from different points along the facing side as I see fit to maximise carnage? 3) If I am attacked from the rear or flank can I release my fanatics in those directions as normal? 4) If an enemy declares a charge from outside 8" they should stop at 8" away for the fanatic release and movement but assuming the fanatics fail to reach them is the charging unit forced to complete the charge through the fanatics? Many thanks, I interpreted the rules this way but I don't want to call it like this if I'm wrong or it's considered gamey or cheese!

CannibalBob

CannibalBob

GuildBoss Skabnoze

• Blood Axez
  • 2,303 posts
  • Army Name:Kommandur Dragztor's Skull Krumpin Brigade

Hey all,

Looking into getting a greenskin army in preparation for the Warhammer Forge Blackfire Pass book (my mate plays Empire) and upon reading the OnG book I had a few fanatic questions:

1) Once released do your fanatics get rolled for independently straight away? I.E are they all released on the same 2d6 distance or are they rolled individually?

2) Can they be released from different points along the facing side as I see fit to maximise carnage?

3) If I am attacked from the rear or flank can I release my fanatics in those directions as normal?

4) If an enemy declares a charge from outside 8" they should stop at 8" away for the fanatic release and movement but assuming the fanatics fail to reach them is the charging unit forced to complete the charge through the fanatics?

Many thanks, I interpreted the rules this way but I don't want to call it like this if I'm wrong or it's considered gamey or cheese!

1. Fanatics are released at the same time, but resolved separately. So you roll 2d6 for each fanatic.

2. Yes. You can even release them from the sides or rear of a unit. Just choose a point at the edge of the unit, a direction, and then roll for distance.

3. Yes. See #2

4. Yes. The charging enemy is forced to continue into fanatics even if they don't want to. The only exception to this is if the chargers panic (such as if a few fanatics hit the unit, kill some of the enemy, and then force a panic test which the opponent fails). A charging enemy is required to finish the charge. In addition, this means he moves into fanatics which causes the fanatics to die but cause an extra d6 hits (so 2d6 hits per fanatic that the enemy moves into).
Freebooter Fungus Lager: Only da Finest Fungus!

IVEATCH

IVEATCH

Kommando

• Goffz
  • 986 posts
  • Army Name:Goff
Fanatics are one of the more devastating (albeit erratic) forces that Orcs and Goblins can muster. I recently had a 5 X 5 block of Night Goblins (armed with bows) be on the receiving end of a charge by 24 Bloodletters. The Night Goblins had no Champion, Banner or Musician. What the unit did have was three Fanatics. I rolled a two, three and four on the charge distance. The Bloodletters ran into a Buzzsaw of dice as I rolled three D6 for the initial "Splat" hits and a further three D6 for the "Death Throes" hits. 24 Strength 5 wounds equaled 18 vanquished Bloodletters. In the ensuing combat I nicked another Bloodletter to a loss of only five Night Goblins. I held using my Generals Leadership. Not bad at all.

Don't forget, you can send a Fanatic through one of your own units to hit another charater/unit that has them locked in combat. I played a Wood Elf player who had some sort of crazed character that he put out front by itself in front of a unit of Savage Orc Big Uns. This 40 strong Mob is sort of a death star unit. I knew that the character was being baited in front of the Savage Orcs, but I charged anyway (hey, I'm an Orc player). Turns out it was some sort of characer with all sorts of save buffs. It was next to impossible to kill. Its sole purpose was to tie up my Savage Orcs for the next four turns. I had a unit of Night Goblins close by, I didn't have enough movement to get clear of my own unit before it entered the 8.0" launch zone of the Fanatics. It didn't matter. I sent them out anyway. I didn't even need to send the third Fanatic through the Savage Orcs. Two did the job. A bit risky, but worth it (I only lost five Savage Orcs in the exchange).