Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LAND HOOO! Free booter army [update 10/4] airbrushed skin

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
keepin it comin!

Posted Image

arrrr!

Posted Image

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Very original idea and great worked out. Fantastic job so far, keep it up :thumbs .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Da Boss

Da Boss

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
Arr! That sail is proppa! Really gud lookin. I do wonder how the plasticard strips will look like under paint though - esp if you were trying to get them to resemble a wooden hull. It's a good landlubba' pirate force you got there

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Thanks for the replies! Hopefully you like this...

Posted Image

will have a grot captaing standing on a box. Going to put gunner on other side. will have a roof over captains head so a boy can stand there as well

Posted Image

shapin up

Posted Image

.... oh no we've been boarded!
Posted Image

Posted Image

captains deck holds 4, back compartment 4, and front holds 4 driver and gunner. Can fit meganobs inside captains quarters as well! Considering cutting out the roll bar w/ chain and hook on it because could possibly carry 2 MANZ up top, 1 in front, and 1 in captains quarters currently.. could possibly get 2 there w/ that roll bar gone..

I don't know why I wan't my trukks to actually carry their payload... but I do... Ha

Still need to make a back of captains quarters so that it's not exposed.. and give some windows over that I beam framing. The door on back will be hinged to open for easy access to models

On the wood grain, I plan on scratcing parallel marks/squiggles on eaching piece, and possibly hit it all with a little sand paper before/after. (this will happen prior to rivets going on)

When I do this to trukk #2 soon... I will be sanding the plank plasticard before cutting it up and gluing it on.. haha :cheers

What else does it need lads?

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
If we like this? Its fantastic really, great job. :cheers
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
thanks for the encouragement!

Lady on way home from her folks so this may be all the major stuff I get done for a bit. Still gotta figure out the steering/captain, the big shoota.

Started putting paralely squiggles in the boards to create wood grain effects, looks alright enough

Got ladder steps put on but they didn't show up.

I need to put some stuff in captains quarters to make it more homely.. mayhbe a mushroom box, hog leg with choppa (out of way so models can be placed)

Also need a divider from the main deck and his quarters. a physical one all the way down would prevent model placement though... was thinking of like drop down cloth that is bundles up at the top/out of use so its open?

Would I just get tissue and coat with pva glue with twine wrapped around it or?

Anyhow... Figure another orky face wouldn't hurt it...

Gotta name er too.... Was thinkin da land-lubba'

Posted Image

Posted Image

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
good work mate - great idea! and why you not gonna use sone peace of textile to devide room??
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
I had thought of some textile but unsure of what type and how to get it to hold it's shape. should I just coat it in white glue or?

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
I would use something like butapren glue or something similar - all purpose glue, whet will dry out after 2 days is stays in shape + you can bend it and its like rubber so its coming back in to shape you shaped it during dry process. and texture stays like it was - you can use old bandage for example. nice texture of fabric.
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

Da Boss

Da Boss

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
captains deck holds 4 back compartment 4, and front holds 4 driver and gunner. Can fit meganobs inside captains quarters as well! Considering cutting out the roll bar w/ chain and hook on it because could possibly carry 2 MANZ up top, 1 in front, and 1 in captains quarters currently.. could possibly get 2 there w/ that roll bar gone..
I was quickly reading and i dont know why but this felt like a relaxing cruise advertisement. Sail on da Land Lubba for a nice 3d2n getaway. Can fit your meganob sized family! lols

i love the plasticard wood look. you make it work!

mayhbe a mushroom box
yes pls! a gud proppa fungus farm for da kaptin! try some new ones from Kromlech

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Haha didn't think it would be enticing other orks to catch a ride! I will look up the kromlech stuff!!

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
updates... Think its done lads. It doesn't have a gun as you see, but I think I'm going to magnetize a boy to stand a couple of places with a big shoota for that? Not sure.

lots o rivets etc.

hopefully start painting it soon!

Posted Image

steering wheel/sub deck and handrails added

Posted Image

loads o rivets and woodgrain-ing (REMINDER, CARVE WOODGRAIN INTO BARE SHEETS BEFORE CUTTING PLANKS....)

Posted Image

fits just about right. might leave the driver off of it, or magnetize a grot as a driver/in crows nest once boys disembark?

Posted Image

rivets and wood grain

Posted Image

steering wheel/inside cladding.. added check plates to interior walls

anyways cheers everyone thanks for the kind words will hopefully get this done quick!

Won't be priming it until tomorrow night or afterwards, so if you have any final C&C it would be much appreciated!!

cheers!!

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great work you did, the ''wood'' looks very realistic allso. You can be really proud on this allready. Personally i whould do 1 big gun at the front of the ship and indeed some big shoota boys magnetized.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Thanks mick! I wanted to add a whole lot of kannons... but felt that if I did so I might hinder being able to place all 12 boys in the trukk. Having same issue finding space for the gunner might have to settle on having a gun on a swivel un manned next to the steering wheel

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Done!! (I think)

Priming it tomorrow!!! Hopefully.

Might add a treasure chest later, who knows.!!!

da gunna

Posted Image

magnetized his feetz

Posted Image

added the throttle

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

pirate hats! mostly shoota boys. 1 big shoota/custom loota & 1 stock loota

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Posted Image

forgot to post this one, woops!

for other variety I am ordering some pirate heads from spellcrow/maxmini (i love the expressions on the faces of the ones with bandannas in particular)

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Very nice GS'ed pirate hats. Looks really promising, cant wait to see more progress :cheers .

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Thank you as always mick!

these are pretty rough WIP paint shots so been gentle (stopped randomly when fixing overlap of silver/brown and applying rust to inside of bow/front of ram/face

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going to add splashes of color on the armor plating. probably a red yellow and a blue plate, who knows.

Thinking about getting those goblin pirate mini's from freebooter i think? one looks like he would make a mighty fine captain but over $5 a pop... and I really only want 2/5 or 3/5 the set

bought a trukk+boys box and have looted the wheels from my un-built 3rd battlewagon to make a buggy out of a deffkopta... Considering building tracks for front end of wagon or just not building it altogether as I don't really need it unless for APOC.... and try to build truck/buggies/grot tanks out of the parts.... Pirate ship style of course! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Anyone, i'm alive, an update has been made! :dakkagun: :dakkagun: :dakkagun: :dakkagun:
  • Zagursnik likes this

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Very good looking painting so far, wood looks good allso. Looking forward to see more progress at the painting.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts

Very good looking painting so far, wood looks good allso. Looking forward to see more progress at the painting.

it has a little more depth in real life, my photos are pretty shoddy. At the same time though, I'm trying to hold myself from making it take that much longer by painting wood grain highlights on each plank... (which im seriously considering doing since it does add so much depth to the wood)

Know any tekneeks to make it go fasta mick? I had planed on just doing long thin wavy lines paralel to the grooves i cut, with a blonde/tan color?