Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LAND HOOO! Free booter army [update 10/4] airbrushed skin

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
Good to see this thread back, those last ones are kickass.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thanks for the welcome back! moaaaaaaar to come!

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Well made and painted models. Small tip for next time when u work with GS, try to use a sculpting tool next time so the finger prints arent visible in the GS. Keep it up :cheers .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Think liquor green stuff would salvage this guy?

Harkon Greywolf

Harkon Greywolf

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,243 posts
Might well do! I use it all the time! BTW what is he standing on, is it a building or a machine? Any chance of a pic? HG

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
I'll snap a pic and post when I get to work. It's just an Ork fortified tower I built right before 6th came out. Still not fully painted just kinda abandoned it in favor of projects I can take to tournaments to play with :P I'll have to try some green stuff on hat. Needs some highlights too. This was as done as it was gettin for te contest though

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Posted Image

the aforementioned WIP tower (those rungs need flat surfaces!!!)

da jet just need to finish a little weathering

Posted Image

Posted Image

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great painted dakkajet so far, the tower looks good allso, keep the nice work up :cheers .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
thanks mick you're always full o kind words! :cheers Hopefully I will have a squad of grots, biker boss, and 3 stock meganobs (with spellcrow freebooter heads) posted up before too long!

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Posted Image

what do you guys think? this lad need a pirate hat? :cheers

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
prate hat, blowing backwards and caught by a grot. if you feel up to it ;)

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
It does need a pirate hat indeed! The grot is a nice idea allso, whould be nice to see it worked out, so far u did a great job :thumbs .

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
I figure I should show the other side then! :P

Posted Image

Granted this grot is magnetized by the tank busta bomb in his palm/on bike... I use him as a count as "ammo runt+kombi rokkit (from his jump pack of course) haha

I had thought of having the hat blown off the head and possibly have it coming haveway out of the exhaust or something? but... Having a grot standing on back of bike jumping up to grab it sounds great! Will have to figure something out!

thanks guys :cheers

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
some nice work there, loving the Nob with PK and a mighty shoota , Thanks for sharing the platform i was curious also. Look forward to seeing the bike finished.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

RichardBranson

RichardBranson

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 165 posts
  • Army Name:Yngwie's Bling Orkestra
I like that tower. ALMOST like a pile of junk - textbook ork. I don't think you absolutely need flat surfaces on the ladder; orks 'ave big 'andz!!

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
For the biker (which I love btw...) I would have a bandanna rather than a Piratey admiral's hat...
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
hats off mate!
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
thanks a bunch you stinkin' gits! :cheers makes me think maybe he should have a bandanna on his head, and his hat blowing off in the wind? :thumbs will hopefully get some progress posted soon! :cheers skyfi out

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
PS - if anyone has any references on converting a stock battlewagon into a pirate-land ship.... I'm all ears! I want them to make "sense" for tournaments though... ie. not be TOOOOOO big etc. I'd like to be able to cover 25% of the thing somehow! :P The only thing I could think was to make the upper deck/built up portion of ship pretty easily definable or detachable... that way the wagon could pass thru openings it normally could (without all the extra added height)... and could check with opponent before game as to what counts as hull and what is just decoration etc... I figure most people would be ok with the idea that I can draw no LOS from the huge tall portion and you can't draw LOS to that either (treating the entire upper deck like a kannon barrel or something) In any case, I'm all ears for idears. I just don't want to start getting mopped up in tournament play on account of some awesome/over the top battlewagon conversion that my opponent takes a hard line stance that it is all hull etc, and pretty much making the thing impossible to hide/harder to get cover etc

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Update, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Working on 2 of these. going to add some siding around engine/cab and put a large wheel on there with a grot (with pirate hat) driving it... Truck is broken and don't have gunner pedestal so goin to make something there. might cover it with planks. Will add a stick out the front of the mah... as well as the stock panels on the back of the truck, might add a top there, to make it like a capitans quarters and add handrails around the top.

the sails disconnect via telescoping tube

still needs more chains/ropes etc. maybe another grot up there taking a look. Also might add a mushroom box?

the manz have spellcrow heads, still need to paint alot of cables/wash/weather everything add more details/chips etc...

Still need to build them some gobs as well

anyhow enough blabbering, heres the pix. sorry for quality.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers :cheers