Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

LAND HOOO! Free booter army [update 10/4] airbrushed skin

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
As the title says, here are some WIP shots and final product (not in that order). w/o paint. Might add a few gears on backpack if I can find some.

also realize i'm missing 2 rivets on arm plate

407197_sm-.JPG

407196_sm-.JPG

407195_sm-.JPG

WIP shots

406111_sm-Manz,%20Mega%20Armor,%20Nob,%2

407008_sm-.JPG

Any comments/criticism would be appreciated! 8 more to go so! more input before construction starts the betta!!!

Sparowl

Sparowl

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 64 posts
Looks good! I especially like the mini-gun with feed. The boots are pretty nice, too. Can we get a shot of the back? I'd like to see what you're doing for engines. Keep it up, I'll be watching.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts

Looks good! I especially like the mini-gun with feed. The boots are pretty nice, too.

Can we get a shot of the back? I'd like to see what you're doing for engines.

Keep it up, I'll be watching.

Posted Image

little sparse. think it could use some gears etc. I want one of my next ones to have a stormboy-grot taped/tied to the MAN in an attempt to get airborn... and another with a hamster wheel power source, with a grot or squig running inside of course!!

Thanks for the input! have heard good things about boots on dakkadakka. Have gotten some mixed reviews about size of minigun though. Eh. looks proppa to me!!!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
yeah, the minigun is a tad small, but it'd be a pain to make it any bigger now. this is looking pretty sweet, curvy boots are better than blocky ones any day. for the engine, you could use the belt from either the trukk engine or the warbikers to fill the space if you can't find any gears.

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts

yeah, the minigun is a tad small, but it'd be a pain to make it any bigger now.

this is looking pretty sweet, curvy boots are better than blocky ones any day.

for the engine, you could use the belt from either the trukk engine or the warbikers to fill the space if you can't find any gears.

Haha a tad small! Everybody seems to be telling me it's TOO big for a normal man... Better fitting of a warboss?

I hadn't thought of trukk bits !!! I have to look now lol. Was honna steal some model car bits from my pops!

Thanks for feedback!!

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
I think it looks great, cant wait for 8 others off them.
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts

I think it looks great, cant wait for 8 others off them.

Thanks! Hopefully will have more WIP shots up monday night!

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
So far it looks quite good, except for the shield, I think that it just looks a bit out of place, maybe on a tank or something, but just not there. Also what colours where you gonna stick on him? It always interests me... -shotgun
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts

So far it looks quite good, except for the shield, I think that it just looks a bit out of place, maybe on a tank or something, but just not there.
Also what colours where you gonna stick on him? It always interests me...

-shotgun

I origingally saw these shields and based mine on them. I like the storm shields terminators get, and when i run the mad dok... having a shield sounds like a good reason for a 5+ invlun... ha =]

I'm hoping to have the next one have his shield above his head screaming in victory or something (minigun dumping upwards of course)

ALso going to have to get me some maxmini or spellcrow freebooter heads for a few.

Do you think the shield needs more detail? More plates? Maybe add another layer of teef?

Could give it lil spikey bits all the way around like a sun-face?

My army is a speed freak theme, only few things I have painted up thus far :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Will probably do something similiar to that mega nob there. I plan on giving flame jobs like the jet has to the ones who have kombi-flamers and checkered patters on the other.

If any get pirate heads, will do their pants with pirate stripes I think.

Have considered some blue war paint across the face/on the armor/possibly on shield?

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
They look awesome! And about the shield, personally I thin that it's fine as like a big glyph or something, but personally I think that it just shouldn't be there, or at least, not on that arm, I feel that it overbalances the model. -shotgun

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts

They look awesome!
And about the shield, personally I thin that it's fine as like a big glyph or something, but personally I think that it just shouldn't be there, or at least, not on that arm, I feel that it overbalances the model.

-shotgun

Yeah he is lopsided a bit. I was more or less going for a TH/SS termi but... with proppa dakka and of course a klaw not some stupid umie mekboy-wanna-be ammerin' thang

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
Yeah, I guess, do what you want to...

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
well aside from lopping it off, do you think I should just make it smaller in general or what might make it look alright? I tried to make the hydraulics on his minigun arm more pronounced for the load size. I'd like to keep the shield, but would like to find a way to make it look "right"

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
I would make it smaller, cut around the edges, just generally shrink it.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Maybe I'm coppin out but if I get back to this ill bulk out backpack with tech bits and then tackle shield if in me still. May get lazy and move on to next ones. Will post and update when I have one. Fellas squad made line breaker and captured and obj while being shot at by a stormraven.. Removing 2 bases of manz per turn hurts..

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great looking models, great job :thumbs !
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Tankworks

Tankworks

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 145 posts
I think he looks OK. Build 'em the way YOU like 'em. The Gatling looks very nice. You can always try out different ideas on the next one, that has the advantage of all your figures looking different from one another. Good work.

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Thanks for all the feel good responses everybody. Lady goin to mall soon.... It's almost time!!

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
Hello all figured I would just make this my thread for my personal waaaaagh! :cheers

Updated photo of AOBR mega nob with some lame hat that needs fixing, a nob with PK / big shoota + lame hat (I got my spellcrow heads/hats in day after i made these.. :blush ).. I was rushing to get this guy started/finished by 10-18 for Nerdfest's golden bathtub squad leader competition.. haha =]

without further bs!

family of fella's with hats currently

Posted Image

Nob with PK and Big shoota (my competition entry)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still have a stretch to go, painting cables, more highlights, and washing, checkers, flames? skull and cross bones? considering making a flame burst at end of barrel of gun and giving him a warm glow from the OSL?

Thanks all for the C & C!!!! :cheers

skyfi

skyfi

Mimic Squig

• Grotz
  • 93 posts
mo' updates

the mega nob got a pirate hat

Posted Image

but still hasn't seen any paint yet (or got more gubbinz on his back)

free-boota-big-shoota-nob is coming along nicely. have to finish him tonight to submit for a contest on dakka

Posted Image

Posted Image
  • Zagursnik likes this