Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Converting Gangs

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
These are my Goliaths that I made out of a miriad of bits, mostly Mauraders and catachans, some ork bits and other stuff. Tried to make them look as much like the old Goliaths as possible. I enjoy the challange of finding the right models/parts to try to match the concept of the original gang models.

Attached Files

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
Here are a couple of pics of the Scaavy gang I've been putting together. They are a cult of Nurgle. The Zombies are just horribly mutated "people".

Attached Files

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 4,797 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Just in case you get no other replies: These are very good. The conversions work fairly well, although I'm not a massive fan of Nurgle Skavvies, these are by far the nicest I've seen, especially the paint jobs. The large stomach eye is exquisitely done. I like the Goliaths, but as you were mimicking the old style, I was kind of hoping for some mohawks and punk do's. Fortunately the spikes and armour should waylay the Bandanas = Orlocks comments to a large degree, but I think more could have been done to complete the look, albeit with a fair bit of greenstuff work. I assume the Goliaths are a mix of Catachan and Marauder, which I think works rather well. The Orky bits as well are helpful (Goliaths are dead Orky as it is), and these models also give me a great, nostalgic vibe of old FPS', such as Doom and Quake. I assume the bottom right pic in the goliath post with the GoMo Boy torso is a Hive Scum scratchbuild. Looks nice. The rat is a nice touch. Although I don't mind flicking through the thumbnail attachments (been here a long time and more than used to it), using a image host, such as photobucket (my personal recommendation) or imageshack would allow you to order the pictures as you liked, and add labels to them. Whilst I'm pretty confident I know exactly what everything is, not every visitor to this subforum will be in the same boat. I'm a big fan of the Skavvies, but I'm a Skavvie player who also wants to scratchbuild some new ones, so some ideas may be looted, although a lot less Chaos for me. Have you put any thought to how you plan to do your Scalies? I already have more than I need, but I might be able to suggest some ideas if you haven't yet thought of anything. I really should get around to finishing my gangs off and posting up some pics at some point... Good stuff. I hope to see a lot more from you.

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the feedback Dim. Odd that you should mention the scallies for the Scaavy gang as I just finished converting two of them that I was about to start painting soon. I went with an ogre body, river troll head and a sculpted slug like body. I kind of wanted a beast of Nurgle feel to them. They ended up being a littlte bigger than I had intended wich will probably hurt me in game terms but if they look cool, I dont mind. I'll post some pics once I get one finnished. As for the Goliaths I can definitely see your point about the punk do's, I wish I'd considered that when I'd put them together to be honest. Truthfully I'd kinda forgotten about how prominant the mohawks were.

NonComPoop

NonComPoop

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 13 posts
Finally got around to snaping a couple of photos of the Scaly and a Scaavy with tentacles
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image