Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In need of some assistance with the new paints

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Sarnath

Sarnath

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
Hi So I went into my GW shop to buy a few paints since I wanted to paint some again (its been a while) just to find out that all the colours had changed name! Now im completely lost, I asked the clerk about it and he showed me a conversion chart on their homepage. Very well, i started out there. The paint I was looking for primarily was Snakebite Leather. Now he also said that they had doubled the amount of paints, which to me sounds very good. Now to my question for you! I paint first in Snakebite Leather (Balor Brown, right?:)) and then i add three layers of highlights to almost white. So I was thinking, i used to mix this by myself but with double the amount of paints, maybe I dont need to do that anymore. What are reasonable colours to use for highlighting from Balor Brown to white in 3 steps? The clerk sold me Zandri Dust and Ushabti Bone. Would that be the best ride? Balow Brown -> Zandir Dust -> Ushabti Bone -> Scar White Thanks in advance!

bubba da mek

bubba da mek

masta mekaniak

• Mekboyz
  • 354 posts
Well the nice thing with paints is that the only opinion that really matters is your own, but in looking at the pallet I think its doable. Now speaking from a GW paint technical application its supposed to be applied is base - layer - highlight. You have a layer - base - layer - layer, but I don't really think that matters.

Sarnath

Sarnath

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:Orks
:) yeah....i hope that will work just aswell :) I cant seem to express my exact thoughts in English, but you nailed it. Im not interested in opinion in this, but the pallet, if it works. Thing is i allready painted a few boys and I would like for them all to look similar, thats why I am so keen on having the right gradation. Anyway, thank you for the answer, now to try it out in a few hours after I get home from work. Thanks!