Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Color Selection Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Danrukk

Danrukk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Hi all this is my first attempt at painting. I decided to start with a black base coat.. because this is a night goblin I stayed with black on the cloak but i washed it with metallic gold. When it comes to skin color this is where I get lost.. I don't want to go with the standard greens I was hoping for a burnt/sandy orange.. This turned out a little more brown than i'd like.

Anyone have a color suggestion for burnt/sandy orange and a wash to go with it?

Posted Image

Urk Gobsmakka

Urk Gobsmakka

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 191 posts
  • Army Name:The white lightning tribe
For the Skin, try using a mix of Ratskin Brown and fish'ead Light Ochre. Try doing mixes of these together to get a nice, even tone. Like, go for a 3:1 mix of fish'ead Light Ochre: Ratskin Brown for a basecoat, do a wash of Seraphim Sepia, then do a 3:2 layer of the same mix, a lighter wash of Seraphim Sepia, then highlight with a 1:1 mix. That should get you a good burnt orange without too much work.

Danrukk

Danrukk

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
thanks for the suggestion i'll give that a try