Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Quick Shot vs Trick Shooter and/or Nimble

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Monsieurjuneau

Monsieurjuneau

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 39 posts
I've been reading into the rules a bit more lately and came across a conundrum in planning ahead: having to choose between Quick Shot and Trick Shooter/Nimble. Is it generally better to forsake the latter two to obtain Quick Shot, or is it worth having a Nimble Trick Shooter running around the back lines picking off enemies in cover? To clarify, I'm starting an Ork warband and will be using a single crossbowman for some basic ranged support, a la Lootas in 40k. Although I suppose this question could pertain to other warbands/ranged weapons. What would you do? What DO you do?

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,376 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
All three for different times? Personally I would get Quick Shot first. Two shots is better than what the other skills give you. Then Trick Shooter. Then Eagle Eyes for the extra range (which will mean a longer short range as well - 18" on a crossbow). Given the range on a cross bow, Nimble isn't too necessary. You will be able to cover most of the board from your starting position and can use it to create fire-lanes. Make sure you've checked the Errata/FAQ by the way.

Monsieurjuneau

Monsieurjuneau

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 39 posts
Ohhhhh, I've misunderstood. I thought I couldn't even take the Trick Shooter ability if I had Quick Shot. Cheers!

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Skitzo

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,376 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
You can take Nimble and Quick Shot, you just can't combine them to move and fire twice in the same turn with a move or fire weapon.