Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

200 Point Kill Team

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

EricBasser

EricBasser

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Burna and Flaime'z Stompiest Show
There's a tournament for Kill Team coming up that we can only use 0-1 Elite, 0-2Troop, and 0-1 Fast Attack. On top of that, no vehicles and no invuln save better than 3+. My list I was thinking is Team Rokkit. I want to paint and model like the pokemon team just for laughs. Elites - 75 5 Tank Bustas - 75 Fast Attack - 125 3 Deffkoptas - 125 2 with twin-linked rokkits, 1 with twin-linked big shoota. The three USR will go to Deffkoptas (I want to model like hot aor balloons) FnP and EW for the rokkit ones, and the big shoot one gets more dakka (1 extra shot). Anyone ever play Kill Team. Any advice? Thanks. Eric

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 877 posts
I think that in kill team our greatest advantage is numbers. Especially with no vehicles to worry about, you could basically just spam Boyz and probably do well. That said, I like that you are approaching this with a theme in mind and I encourage that. Definitely keep the tankbustas in cover and you should do fairly well.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,772 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
You need Pikagrots and their trainer :lol I don't remember KT rules that good, but is it this thing with "spies" avoiding enemy patrols? Then You strongly should consider taking some cheap models as spotters, which is exactly what Grots are. Unless, of course, You are always "spy". You could also try to fit other Elite than TB, namely Burna Boys (they can take KMB on Meks, not quite rockets but with added lolfactor of "Get's Hot on 6+ save models"). Same point cost but Burnas PW attacks are awesome, same with flamer templates (in case of "horde"). Anyway, here is my list: 2 Burna, 3 KMB 75 12 Pikagrots, Runtherd with Pikaprod 51 6 Rocket (Storm) Boys 72
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

EricBasser

EricBasser

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
Kill Team is 200 points, the FOC and additional restrictions I listed. Also, 3 models get different USR. Then each model is treated as a IC. I haven't played before, but really liked the idea. So you would go more models? Would you do 'Ard Boyz with shootas or just regular boyz? I'm not sure what to expect. It's a newer game store and first non-GW event for this area. Still not sure what the meta is going to be. I could do 20 'Ard Shoota Boyz for exactly 200 points 20 Normal Boyz and either 5 Lootas or Burnas. Add meks to either one for terminators. I was even thinking a war biker list would be fun. Give one stealth for a 3+ cover save all the time.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,772 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
20 Boyz and 5 Burnas (with KMBs) sounds really good. Lootas couldn't give You Burna fire fire coverage, nor mobility. In fact, 15 Boyz (including Nob with Big Choppa and Big Shoota [it's legal combo]) and 6 Burnaboyz also sounds nice. Sadly, not quite in Pokemon theme :sowhat More in Blood Axe military theme.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

EricBasser

EricBasser

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
In theme, no. Already built and painted, yes. My normal army is a Carnival theme. I have 16 Burnas built, another 8 burnas built and ready to be painted. I used Fantasy orcs to make some Tiki Fire Dancers (Burnas), and I have about 60, sadly all the AoBR, slugga boyz. I think I'll go with boyz and burnas. Meks I'll probably give one the more dakka (+1 shot) and the other the marksmen (+1 BS) USR available for this format. That leaves any USR for a single model.

Senorankka

Senorankka

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
The new kill team sucks compared to older and far better kill team. I lolled at Pikagrots and their trainer. Horde is quite good in this newer kill team, enemy just have too much to shoot at.
There is never enough dakka.