Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

looted bastion superheavy PIP

* * * * - 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
so I've got an apocalypse game coing up on monday night, and i decided that 5 looted wagons, 5 battlewagons, 6 kans, 3 dreads, a mekadread and a kustom battlefortress just wasn't quite enough. so i decided to make myself another superheavy. something fast like a skullhamma, with as little modification to the main model as possible, so i can have it table-ready by monday (paint's not a problem, thank gork!) here's the result: IMAG0121.JPG IMAG0122.JPG IMAG0123.JPG IMAG0124.JPG IMAG0125.JPG IMAG0126.JPG i think i need to re-read my specification :lol so i ended up making a massive, slow, heavily converted model, and i'm blooming proud of meself! I'm currently working on filling all the gaps, then I'll be adding more guns, detailing and (ugh) riveting it all, and fix up the square p-card rear end. once the glue dries on the assault ramp, I'll fit a chain between the top & bottom 'jaws' which'll make them open & close like a landraider's ones. the inside will probably not get detail, as the ramp's just there to be seen from an in-game perspective not an up-close inspection. so far I've got 4 big shootas, a deff kannon, a zapp gun, a kannon/lobba and a twin-linked skorcha. and i've only made one half's weapons. i think this'll need kustom rules :lol all comments / ctiricisms gratefully recieved! :cheers

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
hahahahahah now thats a turn on a "looted bastion" i love it :D

RichardBranson

RichardBranson

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 157 posts
  • Army Name:Yngwie's Bling Orkestra
What a cool idea! Truly a battle-fortress. The only very minor structural question has to do with the inch or so hanging off the back end, glued on the plasticard sheet. Maybe wrapping some kind of enormous bumper around the back end? Looking forward to seeing more....

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,364 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Niiice... you pulled off something that I couldn't with my Gunfortress... I wanted to integrate the bastion model into it, but couldn't find a way to do it. I bow to your skilz ;)
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 305 posts
  • Army Name:Da BLOOtoof Deffskullz
If we both ever get round to being ready painting our versions of this..(remember mine-from the challenge?) a painting challenge would be really interesting as we both used the same base structures! Looking Good! cheers 'smasha
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Jul 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steampunk Zombies with Power Fists. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “You are already dead”.

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 4 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!"

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts

Niiice... you pulled off something that I couldn't with my Gunfortress... I wanted to integrate the bastion model into it, but couldn't find a way to do it. I bow to your skilz ;)

cor blimey! :blush

updates on it - filled the gaps, which was pretty awkward due to the irritating shapes, and added a giga-shoota, bursta gun, supa-kannon and a lobba:

batch_2__1_.JPG
batch_2__2_.JPG
batch_2__3_.JPG

also, it's hidden secret (forgot to photograph it last time):

batch_2__4_.JPG

In un-orky tradition, i think i might need to stop adding guns now :lol

but i doubt it. still needs some AA weapons :/

so next up is armour plating, rivets, and perhaps a few more guns. :)

C&C always appreciated!

-BMTK-

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
You're crazy! In a very proppa orky way. :biggrin The bastion's been integrated into the tank nicely. I really like the way the front looks - moving the central bit of the baneblade forward of the trakks gives it a nice orky face look which I'll have to loot. I also like the big-gob assault ramp, big lobba turret and the armour plating on the bastion. The walls of the bastion are a good place to add some glyphs. How about some grot sponsons on the sides too - can never have enough :dakka BTW, how many tins of deoderant do you need? Are you a secret Goff? ;) Looking forward to seeing this beast complete. :cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Mudd da Grot

Mudd da Grot

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Redskulls Kommandos
To echo Gaf...you're just the right amount of ork crazy... I take it that's a Deathstrike missile in the back..?..does that raise up when you open the top..? How wide is this in comparison to a normal blade variant..? ~sits quietly in wonder~ Mudd
Mudd da Grot...turning FTW into WTF since 1991...

Killbless

Killbless

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 334 posts
  • Army Name:Groznobz Waaagh!!
So... Many... Gunz! :/ I like this. It needs more detail but that will come! I'm really liking the way you've integrated the bastion into the skullhamma thing... Needs more guns
"Natural progression I guess; Wartrakktor, Wartrukk, Battlewagon..." - Thoume on the evolution of Ork vehicles

'It is considered a great breach of protocol to open fire upon a challenger in a race such as this, though truth be told Orks have never cared that much about protocol' - Ork Codex

"In the end the towing stompa literally bristles with weaponry from across the galaxy. Sometimes the gunz are even pointing in the right direction!" - Imperial Armour 8 on Deff Arsenals

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
@Gaf-Naz - i might well add some grot sponsons, and as for deoderant, i use anti-perspirant, but people still keep giving me deoderant for christmas :sowhat so in answer, i need none. :lol @mudd - yeah that's a deathstrike. i was going to try and make the bed it's sat on raise up in unison to opening the doors, but it proved too complicated as it'd have to raise further than the doors could pull it, so would need mechanisms to increase the amount it moves. i settled for mounting it as high up as i can, so when it's flat the doors just shut above it. This beastie's 9" wide and 12" long, and a mere 8.5" tall. never built a baneblade stock, so not sure how wide they are, but the tracks are 8.5" long, and i'd guess at it being about 6" wide standardly. @killbless - course it does! the more guns i add, the less details and rivets i have to add! :lol

-BMTK-

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
did some more work on this, started riveting it but got bored of it, so moved onto bigger, shinier rivets, which i need to find some smaller versions of (sadly the craft shops are shut today... :( ) as they're that bit too big to be used on all of it.
i also made a rear bumper, which i'm unsure where to go with, and a bigshoota sponson on the left side.

batch_3__1_.JPG
batch_3__2_.JPG

I've also made some kustom roolz for it, which can be found here

I'll be playing it as 1200pts tonight, and see if it's worth that much.

I'll probably add some sponsons to it, but i'm concerned about it becoming wider than it is long, which wouldn't look as good with normal-width tracks.

I might get all the spikey bitz i've got left from the stompa kit and put them on the rear bumper. might even add some razor wire to deter attackers.

C&C appreciated! :cheers

-BMTK-

Murrdox

Murrdox

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 645 posts
This is looking awesome, but totally insane. One thing I find a little lacking are your typical Orky engine wonky bits and exhaust tubes. The might be a good way to break up the uniform look of the rear of the tank. Have exhaust ports popping out all over the place.

JakubMB

JakubMB

squig attack arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Nobbog's Fury
Uhmm... I just loled at work a bit because of that. This thing is great! I agree you might add some orky bits on the walls of the bastion. They're just a bit too smooth for my taste at least. But I love the Idea! :thumbs
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

Mad Mek Snowfyre

Mad Mek Snowfyre

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,201 posts
  • Army Name:Random Freebooterz
Now that is a mobile fortress. nice work.
May Da WAAAGH! be with you....

Do not underestimate Da power of DA WAAAGH! side.

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Those rivets look very flash - what are they?

i also made a rear bumper, which i'm unsure where to go with,

How about a number plate?
Posted Image

I'll probably add some sponsons to it, but i'm concerned about it becoming wider than it is long, which wouldn't look as good with normal-width tracks.

That's a good point. Maybe just cover the sides in armour plates and glyphs?

Keep up the good work. :cheers

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
the rivets are gemstones by a brand called 'Anitas', and they work perfectly with plastic glue, and are cheap too.

I did, however, find a smaller version of them, which i think everyone needs to buy. seriously, just look:
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...ar=520053563776
1000 rivets, compatible with plastic glue, in 1mm, 2mm and 3mm (don't think you'd need bigger) for 99p.

for some reason, I just ordered 4000 rivets.

I like the idea of a number plate, just got to think of something witty to put on it (lets face it, i could write an essay on this things bumper).

I think i did overlook exhausts and such... i'll get onto that in a minute (got to make sure it'll still fit in my bag though :lol )

back t' work! :cheers

-BMTK-

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
right, so i had a go at exhausts and a no. plate and, well, it's got more guns now :biggrin . trying to decide where to put the two sponsons (the one without a top turret will get one, possibly a KMB). batch_4__1_.JPG batch_4__2_.JPG batch_4__3_.JPG batch_4__4_.JPG they will work on the sides, just. i might mount just one on the side, the other somewhere else, to break up unwanted symmetry. I also added a hatch on the bursta gun, to stop the gunpowder from getting wet: batch_4__5_.JPG aaand that's about it for today. i might have a pop at making the bastion bigger tommorrow. and add some flakk guns. when i go to apocalypse, i'll only need this beasty! (which is just as well, as nothing else will fit in my bag :lol ) C&C always appreciated!

-BMTK-

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
got the little gemstones through, and they work perfectly for rivets. a few hours of adding rivets later: batch_5__1_.JPG batch_5__2_.JPG batch_5__3_.JPG batch_5__4_.JPG batch_5__5_.JPG batch_5__6_.JPG batch_5__7_.JPG also pictured is a grot in the bastions gun (there's one in all of 'em) and the start of some engine gubbinz and exhausts. I'll keep adding to the engine until it overtakes the back of the bastion, like i did for the guns on the front :biggrin C&C appreciated!

-BMTK-

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
Thanks for the tip about the rivets - I think you should put them on after painting - very disco! :biggrin All the new work's looking good, especially the grots manning the bastion's guns. :cheers

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,827 posts
arise! i've added more guns since then, and it's literally bristling now. the gun list is: 1 gigashoota 1 supa kannon 1 deth kannon (primary) 1 bursta gun (primary) 1 supa-skorcha 1 boomgun 1 lobba 4 bigshootas on the bastion 2 fore bigshootas 2 sponson mounted twin-linked bigshootas 1 sponson mounted skorcha 1 sponson mounted kannon 2 flakka guns with skyfire 1 deffstrike missile so only 20 guns. 33+6D6 solid shots, 5 blasts and 2 flamer templates. basecoated it black, it needs to be painted for the campaign weekend in april! bristling.JPG if i can be bothere'd i'll dig out the airbrush. still not 100% on colours but i think a loot this big really needs a decent splash of bloo :)

-BMTK-