Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 Rokkit Boys

* * * - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Razda

Razda

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
  • Army Name:Kargoth's KoS
So I've been thinking of playing a footslogger list, but I don't have the cunning to move a full tide of boys each turn. That brought me to this current list, with the advice of "one solid troop choice per 500 points." The overall goal being to cross the board with my boys and have everything else as distraction and anti-mech. HQ Zogwort (120 points?), with the tankbustas Troops 3x 30 Slugga Boys, 3 rokkits, nob bp pk (750) Elite 10x Lootas (150) 10x Tankbustaz, nob bp pk, 9 rokkits (190) Fast Attack Suicide Deffkopta, rokkits buzzsaw (70) 2x 3 Rokkit Buggies (210) TOTAL: 1490, assuming Zoggy is 120. See any obvious weak points? It's only 9 kill points, three of which are easy to kill (fast attack). Should I drop a unit of buggies and flush out the tankbustaz? They'll be taking fire I'd imagine what with Zogwart and having nothing but cover to rely on. Or should I use those points for a grot screen? Any comments appreciated!

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,334 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
Hi Check your codex on Zogwort. I'm not sure the exact number off my head but I think he's closer to 150 points. I think you'll probably get more use out of him with one of the slugga mobs than the tankbustas, who look prone to dropping below 10 models and force him to target tanks. If I were you I'd also look at getting a mek with forcefield to cover all those boyz. If you give him a klaw and put him in zoggy's unit he might deflect some attacks away from zoggy in combat. Tankbustas are quite nice but I think you have enough rokkits around, I'd drop them to make the points for zoggy and the mek, and split the lootas into two smaller units to fill their role. With the extra points bulk up these units a bit. Hope that helps :)

My squiggy Nipper

WAAAGH Meet UK 2014 - Round 2 - Or if you prefer your Orks with head wounds and mono-wheels, the Gorkamorka meet November 1st 2014

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
  • Army Name:Lost Boyz
I think you will be pleasantly surprised what that many rockets can do. Weirdboy with shootas - I agree. Looks like a great list! Some grots could get you cover - but so can all those buggies!

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
If You can leave some points, replace Zoggy with 2 Warpheads (170). Much fun. Also get Tankhammers, they are gold.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Location:Current Location: Unkown All Imperial Records Deleted
  • Army Name:Orks Of Da Engineerum
i agree with madda mek zogwart is not as much fun as 2 wierdboyz also take shoota boyz instead of sluggas theyre better
WAAAAGGGHHH Da Orks Of Da Engineerum

Razda

Razda

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
A couple questions then. 1) Are 30 boys unwieldly to teleport? What're some of your experiences with that? I'll probavly drop one mob down to 20 boys if they have a chance to teleport, plus it'll give me some points to throw around. 2) Can orks with tank hammers use them in cc with units, or just on vehicles? 3) Would shoota boys really be more effective? I figured firing rockets at vehicles kind of wastes the shoota shots, and three rockets won't do anything impressive against infantry. 4) Using Zog with tankbustaz seems to be an unnecessary point sink, but if I'm using an 85 point wierdboy with a full group- 15, is teleporting them still a crummy idea? Lots of questions, I know. Thanks be to Lost Boys for pointing out using buggies as cover, and to all of your replies so far! I'm still set on using tankbustaz just because they were given to me, but mostly out of personal curiosity on how they would perform unshackled by an enemy vehicle in sight.

greggles

greggles

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 922 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
1) Yes...very. Remember that you have to place them in a concentric circle, base to base, from the center point of the scatter. It's very easy to mishap. You also have to immediately run the mob, or they will be wiped out instantly with a template. 2) Can use on vehicles or units...it's not a power weapon though (unlike the PK). 3) I'd consider breaking up the massive mobs into smaller ones, or reworking the list to get some shoota boyz into battle wagons. I recently played as game with 4x 20 shoota boyz, and wanted to shoot myself. Each turn took forever....And you've got 90! I don't know how you do it! 4) You can always reroll the teleport (Warphead)...just don't roll a 1 :).

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
1) DS is crap unless You are beakie in drop pod or Blood Angel. I personally use Warpheads as cheap Zzap/Frazzle dispensers because (unlike SAG/PK Boss) they "pown" everything, be it tank or mass infantry or heavy infantry. 2) yep, S10 with no AP in CC, with Ork I 3) Well, this is why I often fill HS and Elites with cheap AT units first and then troops with more AT, because for me it's way to go against guys in metal boxes in metal boxes on wheels. Anyway, general consensus about Boyz is that - Shootas are better because they can shoot things You don't want to assault. They aren't better (damage-wise, tho they are close), just more flexible. I also would go with Sluggas. Also, 10 Boyz (Shootas this time), Rokkit (on Nob, because You can replace his shooting weapon with BS or LR*) and Rokkit Trukk (with ram, for crashy-crashy AT). 2 separate shots, higher mobility, vehicle. 4) To be quite honest TB would become giant "drop nuke here" target when DSed. Imagine they land in some meadow, without cover save, ability to move or assault (DS) and basically they are screwed. Appendix: To be quite honest You may consider taking 12 Boyz with BS and Trukk (twice), adding Warphead to each unit and leaving Trukk for Tank busters, I'm sure they would love some drive-into-tank-and-die-in-explosion. Or 10 Orks with Trukk, they act as cheap scoring and TB get a happy-happy-crashy-crashy ride. *entry says "one Ork", so any member of unit can take it.

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
  • Army Name:Lost Boyz
I have never had a Warphead teleport go well. BUT they are always fun. I once almost lost a game to one - I almost lost a loose objective, but he scattered just a bit and could not run far enough.

Razda

Razda

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
So I've altered the list per everyone's suggestions. I took out the warpheads, (I cried), since I'm going to be moving so many boys as it is - let alone worrying about teleporting them. I've dropped my tankbustas because from my research through this forum on batreps it seems they underperform without a transport, and that nukes my theme. They'll just be used as my rokkit boys and such instead. I've opted to use all of my boys as shootas for versatility and having 152 shots a turn with just troops. I am still unwilling to commit myself to more than 10 lootas because they're so static and vulnerable to assaults, but am leaving them as a mob of 10 specifically to be a target. I really do hope my enemies focus on uprooting them and not the wall of boys, and if they don't kill them off I still have a good chance of popping a transport each turn. The biggest change is taking a Mega Armored Wo'boss with snikrot and kommandos. Against armies with tons of deepstriking and forward momentum, snikrot should still allow the boss to get into the fight for midfield. Did I get rid of deepstriking? no, but it's now completely dependable and looming over my opponent to deploy farther forward. Will I miss all those tankbusta rockets? of course! I'm hoping that rampaging through back lines will brighten my mood however. Do I consider a kommando in mega armor beardy? Kind of, but that's why we have the blood axe clan to begin with (to mimic beakies basically). Plus, I've got an amazing German officer ork head from puppetswar.eu that I'm going to toss on him, as well as camo paint. HQ MAW Guffink, squig, cybork, skorcha, bp Troops 30 shoota boys, 3 rokkits, nob bp pk 30 shoota boys, 3 rokkits, nob bp pk 20 shoota boys, 2 rokkits, nob bp pk Elites 10 lootas 10 kommandos, 2 burnas, snikrot Fast Attack 1 Banzai Deffkopta, tl rokkits, saw 3 rokkit buggies 3 rokkit buggies Still only 9 kp's, clocking in at 1490 points (or at least somewhere near until I can get to my codex in another week). Short of a little boy shuffling in case my numbers need crunching, is this list a little more terrifying?

greggles

greggles

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 922 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
Your HQ can't take a skorcha. I'm almost tempted to recommend you take ghazzy, just due to the number of boyz...but you'd have to drop the chopta and a buggy =/.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
You totally could squeeze PK+BP Nob when deleting one Buggy/2 "Elite Orks", then go with 4x20 Boyz.

Razda

Razda

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
Wait, so there's no kombi skorcha with mega armor? That's 5pts saved. If I cut out 45pts of elites with some other trimming, should I get another nob or Ghazzie? If I use ghaz I'll bring choppas to at least put his waaagh! to use. 1500 seems like a low point game to bust out the most expensive ork in our codex...

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
I have hard time justifying him in 2K lists... IMHO Nob for "additional" troops.

burad

burad

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 164 posts
  • Army Name:Red Deff
A big mek can take a burna with mega armor.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming. "Wow, what a ride!"

Razda

Razda

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
True, but he lacks the AT punch to truly scare the back lines. On a side note my extra buggies, kopter, kommandos, snikster, and soon-to-be-cannibilized ghazz just came in. Time to lock myself in the house with a few gallons of homebrew, heh. I should have some army feedback in the next few months.