Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waaaghril (April) 2012 Painting Challenge

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

JakubMB

JakubMB

squig attack arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Nobbog's Fury
After real life taking away my hobby time (and money ;() I finally started worjking on my stuff. I'm painting 22 shoota boys at the moment and I will finish the by the end of this month. So this is my threat. Paint: 22 boys.
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Started a 2nd job this week, and I've gotta say the 12-13 hour days are just KILLING my painting time. I've managed to throw 3-4 washes on the whole mob. I hope to start on their clothes tomorrow, maybe get to their leather belts/boots Friday... I'm enjoying the 2nd job so far, but it's really taking a toll on da boyz!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
truk gunner and driver done, one kill kan done!!!
2nd kill kan wip. but close to end :D
I will start with my bikers now but thats project for 2 months because of conversions. but it would be nice to paint one. :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

JakubMB

JakubMB

squig attack arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Nobbog's Fury

Started a 2nd job this week, and I've gotta say the 12-13 hour days are just KILLING my painting time.

I've managed to throw 3-4 washes on the whole mob. I hope to start on their clothes tomorrow, maybe get to their leather belts/boots Friday... I'm enjoying the 2nd job so far, but it's really taking a toll on da boyz!

I know what you mean mate! I'm in a similar position. I work at two places and also study externally. It makes me quite tired and I haven't done anything for my orks since February. Now I get some spare time so I can catch up a little bit. Also I'm getting my vacation to study and write something for my MA thesis next Thursday. As I know I'm not going to study all the time I hope to get my boys up and running, and maybe try to paint some of my other stuff (namely two Trukks and my five Stormboys which have been lying around for months now). Real life's a :bleep
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

radegast6

radegast6

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
exuses !!! I have same thing work- study part time, - wife to care ( shes pregnant 8th month - 34th week exacly) and basicly all bills, house cleaning etc, and I still have time for hobby, so CRACK ON CARRY ON

Mek shop orks buy here

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

victorpofa

victorpofa

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 321 posts
  • Army Name:Da Killy Karrs Speed Freeks
Update time! The week off was productive, but not as much as I had hoped. Build: 7 Guardsmen - Done. 3 Preachers - Done. 4 Stormtroopers - Done. 1 Chimera - Done. Paint: 5 Deathwing Terminators - Done. 10 Ultramarine Tactical Beakies - 1/2 Done. 1 Nob Biker - Untouched.
The Elder Party
Cthulhu/Nyrlathotep in '16
Why Settle For A Lesser Evil?

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,354 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Looks like I'm going to finish Dreadfleet in lots of time... which subsequently means a bonus threat is in the works. My bonus threat is going to paint 14 Burna Boyz using the new paints and the new system for the paints... which I'm going to document in this thread. I had these primed from a long time ago, so since they are ready to go, I may as well see how quickly the new paints work. :)

...and yes, Dreadfleet will be done in very short order. :)
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

popisdead

popisdead

• Boyz
  • 553 posts
Colour me green! Doombull is here:

Posted Image

Happy painting!

Elaric

Elaric

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 196 posts
Green me up. Megamek, Meganobz and tank farm all painted.

Pics will follow tomorrow when the phone battery has charged.

Edit: Pics up in my monthly threat thread here http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=50970

As a bonus, I'll see if I can get the meganobz truck built by the end of the month.
Footsloggers Win/Draw/Loss 4/1/4

How does an Ork deal with engineering problems? More Rivets!
How does an Ork make a vehicle faster? Paint it Red!
How does an Ork test for mines? Send in the Grotz!
How does an Ork Deal with interpersonal issues? Choppas!
How does an Ork deal with the loss of a comrade? Laughter!
[DavicusPrime on MWG]

My monthly threat progress can be found here.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Quick little update - 14 boyz have all their base colors done. I'll try to get the other 15 done (just metals left to do) by Friday, then I can spend some quality time hitting them with washes & detail work this weekend! There's hope I may get everything done yet! Edit - 4/22/2012 Took me longer than expected, but the 'Ard Boyz are done!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

- Nosher

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 939 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz
Color me green... or rather grey, I got the three color minimum I needed to get a painting score at adepticon... however after going there I'm utterly sick of grey knights...so they're getting boxed for now. Still, got the painting threat done, gonna have a proppa orky one for next month.
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

det

det

Frantik

• Blood Axez
  • 2,038 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
colour me green! Finished it and went to a tournie sunday with all my finally painted force...;) proof is in my "completely completed" thread in sig. :D

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

victorpofa

victorpofa

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 321 posts
  • Army Name:Da Killy Karrs Speed Freeks
Color me green! This makes four years of successful threats. Waaagh!!

Build:
7 Guardsmen - Done.
3 Preachers - Done.
4 Stormtroopers - Done.
1 Chimera - Done.

Paint:
5 Deathwing Terminators - Done.
10 Ultramarine Tactical Beakies - Done.
1 Nob Biker - Done.
The Elder Party
Cthulhu/Nyrlathotep in '16
Why Settle For A Lesser Evil?

jackdoud

jackdoud

Kaptin Kork

• Boyz
  • 761 posts
Color me Green :thumbs

The wreck's done (and cast and copied):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

radegast6

radegast6

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
2nd killa kan done. I made it!

Mek shop orks buy here

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Colour me green boss.

This month I managed to paint the Mayor's Office, 2 barricades and 3 koptas, plus as a bonus I finished off my battlewagon and started a trukk.

:cheers
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Well done Gaf-Naz! Hope you can keep up the momentum you've got going!

- Nosher

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,354 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Well... that was a productive month for me. Dreadfleet is all done, plus I ended up doing 14 burna boyz while I was at it. :)
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/