Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 planetstrike -

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
  • Army Name:Lost Boyz
Kind of a small count for Planetstrke (1500) - but ere goes: I am attacking. (vs beakies or guard) Warboss - Warbike, Squig, Klaw, Cybork (he takes squig 'case he is on a giant squig) 30 Boys (shootas) 3x rockets, Nob w/ Klaw & Pole 30 Boys (shootas) 3x rockets, Nob w/ Klaw & Pole 5 Meganobz (3 w/ scorchas) 19 Miserable Grots 15 Stormboyz - Nob w/ Klaw & Pole 5 Bikers, Nob w/ Klaw & Pole Copta - Buzzsaw & Rockets Copta - Buzzsaw & Rockets Coptas and Bikes are for claiming objectives (or attacking vehicles if handy). Bikes and grots provide cover for the mobs (IF they deploy correctly - you roll for that!!) Manz would deep-strike right in their face (unless it is GK!!) I might deepstrike more depending on the board setup... I have lots of fast stuff ... I don't waddle on and just get ripped by shooting in the first 2 turns. No vehicles to confound their lascannons (in bastions) and anti-tank guns. I want a lot of bodies. I want them in assault. I will either take night fight + meltabomb drop (love to give those grots bombs) or maybe the 'cataclismic bomb' - which will give all the bastions a str. 10 hit 1st turn & pins troops.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 935 posts
You might consider buying the MANZ a trukk as a dedicated transport. I don't think you would have to deploy them in it so they could still deep strike, but it gives you the option of getting off a first turn charge with them if something is within 12-18" of the board edge, which it hopefully will be.

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
That is a good idea. When i defend I bring 2 trucks w/ Manz - and deploy them in reserve - they enter from a random table edge and what a lot of fun. Last time there were Broadsides in the corner. I would be sad if they got lost during deepstrike - and they cannot assault!

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
I changed my boys to 3 mobs of 20 and plopped the MANZ in a truck. We got slaughtered. We also won. (kind of the Ork theme!) Grots got bombs and destroyed one wing of the Fortress, Stormboyz destroyed the other 'wing.' I assaulted units to get closer and closer. Knights shot the hell out of us all the time. Last turn I held one bastion (the ruins) with 3 boys and a nob - contested the wrecked bastion with a lone turbo-boosting copter. Thats' all I had left. I only killed 1/3 of the Knights - if that. If we had gone another turn I would have been tabled - but life is good!