Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Meks Garage Ideas

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Location:Current Location: Unkown All Imperial Records Deleted
  • Army Name:Orks Of Da Engineerum
Guzmek here needing help and ideas OK im hoping to build a meks garage for guzmek my base ideas are to have a main shed in the centre with a slung up trukk (or similar vechicle) that is being repaired. around it will be bits and bobs for repair work i might buy the inquisitive grotz set and place them on the board. thats as far as my ideas are going so i need help for what to do around the outside of the shed. please help me out guzmek
WAAAAGGGHHH Da Orks Of Da Engineerum

Mudd da Grot

Mudd da Grot

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Redskulls Kommandos
How big a base size were you going for..? Probably the base things would be the sort of stuff you find in mechanics places (like Kwik Fit for those in the uk)... Tyre piles Oil/fuel drums Air pressure thingy (can't think ofthe term) Miscellaneous tools/tool boxes Guard Squig Spares shed/bay The obligatory 'work in progress' vehicle that the meks been working on for ages but hasn't completed and is now under a dust sheet/tarp Another waitin customer being assisted by grots..? Just my 2 teef worth... Mudd
Mudd da Grot...turning FTW into WTF since 1991...

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
im kinda looking for either 4 ft by 2 ft i especially like these two ideas The obligatory 'work in progress' vehicle that the meks been working on for ages but hasn't completed and is now under a dust sheet/tarp Guard Squig thank you very much with the help do you have any idea who or where will sell cars or trukk bitz once again thank you very much Guzmek

Warboss Gorhack

Warboss Gorhack

'Ead Graft

• Bad Moonz
  • 729 posts
  • Army Name:Gorhacks Bad Moonz
Personally, I'd go visit some of your less reputable vehicle maintenance establishments for inspiration. I ran into a garage due to a breakdown in a town in West Texas that provided me with all the Mek Shop inspiration I'll need for a lifetime. If you fear for your life in such places or don't have access to more run-down vehicle repair establishments, you can do similar research via photos on the Web. Have fun with this, opportunities abound! My two teef, Warboss Gorhack

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
i know just the one thats near me my dad has had problems with them in the past AND GUESS WHAT his MOT is tommorow call that luck ill see if i can go with him and if so i may take a camera ;) thanks much Guzmek

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
ok i quickly got these photos that i hope to include in the board 1_005.jpg 1_006.jpg article_0_01C0BD5400000578_896_468x715.jpg

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
92acclude built a great Mek's Garage for the first Ork Town komp - worth checking out for inspiration.

Lorax's Taxi Garage from Ork Town II is also worth checking out, even if just for the sign with a trukk impaled in it.

There's a few more garages in the terrain section of Da Oila'z Blooprintz - pinned at the top of this forum.

do you have any idea who or where will sell cars or trukk bitz

Ebay is good for picking up butchered ork vehicles cheaply, that you can then strip/re-paint and chop-up for bitz.

If you keep an eye on Da Fightin Pit forum, there may be a new Ork Town terrain competition coming soon which you'd be welcome to join. ;)
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
thanks for that ill look on ebay im not sure my board will be comp standerd (ill give it a shot though) thanks Guzmek

Big Mek Doombaz

Big Mek Doombaz

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 17 posts
  • Army Name:Doombaz' Boyz
A cool idea I got while reading your post: Killa kanz chain-production!! Kinda like the ford vehicles of the orks, affordable even by gretchins! The garage could be built aroung an un-finished stompa... Well, here's my ideas! (One of these days I'll need to get involved in ork townz)

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
PRODUCTION HAS BEGUN ok heres some pictures ive taken of the legs of the crane tower im gonna make doombaz im not sure about "Killa kanz chain-production!!" i dident post it? anywayz heres the photos orkz_001.jpg orkz_002.jpg orkz_005.jpg hope you like board will be cut tommorow Guzmek

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Da BLOOtoof Deffskullz
Quick brainstorm (some stolen from Mudd and some from 92): Tyre stack Barrels (of oil/squigfuel,nuclear/biohazard) Air Compressor (for filling tyres-perhaps replace the air with concrete! This is the only way I see tyres with metal plates nailed to them to be feasible!) Tools Gnashin' squig/Oil squig Watchtower Large fuel tank Crane (wit electromagnet?) Tank/trukk wrecks One-legged kan waiting for repair Trash compactor? (idea from miniwargaming) Generator Tesla coil?! Kopta Landing pad Lot's of spare parts everywhere! More to come if I think of it! cheers 'smasha
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Jul 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steampunk Zombies with Power Fists. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “You are already dead”.

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 4 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!"

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
thanks gobsmasha im in the process of making the crane (pics of the tower above) i like the idea of a kopta landing pad and ill have a go at a trash kompaktor (not that meks throw anything away) im not sure what ou mean about a tesla coil (i know what one is i just dont see how i could use it) anyways thanks for the ideas ill get my board cut today (2ft by 2ft) Guzmek

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Da BLOOtoof Deffskullz
I don't know who the tesla would be used either..perhaps you could say it's generating a force field protecting the shop? cheers 'smasha
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Jul 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steampunk Zombies with Power Fists. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “You are already dead”.

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 4 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!"

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Ill see about the tesla its a good idea ....... maybe board is being cut as we speak pics soon Guzmek

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Ok board is cut crane tower has a box on top for the actual crane bit its also magnetized as i may make a dakka tower so it will be interchangable pictures soon Guzmek

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Oi ya gitz da pictures iz comin oop orkz2_001.jpg orkz2_002.jpg orkz2_003.jpg orkz2_004.jpg thats the crane tower nearly done the board is in the background IMPORTANT i am looking for any scrap vehicle bitz youve got ill pay in cash or do a swap for orks more posts soon Guzmek

ramshackle_curtis

ramshackle_curtis

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 443 posts
I can sell you a whole load of junk parts. Have you seen my misscasts?

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=50601

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
im interested in buying some scrap resin but id need it in bulk
also i may place an order for the medium tractor wheels

ok update on the board

main shed is built from cardboard (needs a roof)
ive found some vehicles including a looted rhino with boomgun and a trukk
i found a fantastic conversion video on youtube i really do recommend watching it. It shows you how to turn deffkoptas into warbikes with a few peices of lego
http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel thats the link

Pictures soon

Guzmek

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
Dawn of War 1 and 2 feature some very nice Orky buildings for inspiration. While you might get away with walls made of cardboard you should probably stretch to some plasticard for the roof, it will look much better.

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Ok i have decided to write a story line for my meks base so here goes Another kan, missing a limb clanked in, Guzmek sighed. it was becoming a monotonus task, always fixing the slow clumsy kans and dreads that his clan employed. Guzmek longed to build something fast and shooty yes very shooty. As a matter of fact he had. Guzmek quickly took a shot at the kan with his Howitzer Mega Blaster Mk II. The Kan shrieked and toppled over. Guzmek pulled a dusty tarpaulin back to reveal a huge Big Trakk. He loaded the still smoking Kan into the back along with three of his favourite grotz,some more scrap,and some a jar of spores stolen form his boss. It was time to go. The jet engine roared to life and the trakk burst through the garage doors. "ere we goe" he shouted as he put his foot down. The lightning bolt shot out of the camp past startled Gaurd Squigs and into the open night ok thats the first part hope you liked please give me some ideas for what should happen next (they are gonna link in with the board im making) C & C welcome Guzmek