Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

750 pts list against tyranids

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
I'd thank you some help. I just can't beat tyranids and I don't know what to try... This is the list I used last time: H.Q. Mek - Burna - KFF TROOPS: 12 Trukk boyz (slugga and choppa) - Nob with boss pole and claw - Trukk with red paint job and big shoota 12 Trukk boyz (slugga and choppa) - Nob with boss pole and claw - Trukk with red paint job and big shoota 19 Shoota Boyz - Nob with boss pole and claw - Battlewaggon with red paint job, big shoota and deff rolla FAST ATTACK: Deffkopta with twin linked rockits ---- I shoot, I charge but I can do nothing really useful against genestealers and hive guards. He runs the genestealers behind a wall of termagants so I have to charge them and get ripped by the genestealers.
May the waaagh be with you...

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlwagon Driver

• Blood Axez
  • 1,802 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
well first off, I'd be sure to keep the shootas in the battlewagon for as long as possible.

take a deff dread, or 3 kans, to draw the heavy fire from the battlewagon a bit. don't get me wrong, the S8 stuf'll still wing your way, but not all the time. if you can stick a squadren of 2 killa kans with zookas in your list, do. send them straight for any genestealers he has, and be sure to make a point of letting him know that all those rending attacks will do nothing to them. this will either:
A) make him actually believe that S4 rending hits are futile against AV11 (they're not) and run from the kans, giving you a tactical advantage, or
B) make him decide to prove you wrong, and suddenly have his genestealers crowded around two exploding kans (they will explode, don't you worry about that) or
C) bring his heavier weapons against your kans to stop them, allowing your other vehicles a repreave.

this list seems pretty low points, which is odd as usually orks do well at that level. I haven't run my trukkboyz against nids for a while, but last time i did they killed all the gaunts. when the trukks exploded. both kareened into the objective-sitting gaunts, and both blew up 6". left about 4 alive out of 50 :lol

but i'd run (no idea on points here mind you, and you can fit upgrades in as you see fit)

KFF mek
19 shootas, battlewagon.
deff dread, skorcha, CCW (troops)
looted wagon, boomgun (clear out the genestealers a treat!) (or a big trakk with supa-kannon, if you're allowed IA8)
sluggas in a trukk, with 'eavy armour - charge toward his gaunts, avoid his MC's and bonesword warriors. if possible, engage the hive guard in CC, where the powerklaw & massed attacks will mess 'em up good 'n' proppa!
deffkopta, rokkits, bigbomm - scout 24", move 12", drop bomm on gaunts, shoot hidden MC in the back. watch his army split as he tries to deal with it. take 3 if you can, in seperate squads & seperate places, but focus your shots on 1 MC or warrior unit. that way 3 of his units will have to deal with 'em

hope this helps! :cheers

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 5/0/1

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
I thought that and finally I drove a kan list to the battle. Mek with KFF 3 kans with grotzookas 19 shootas in a bw with deff rolla 20 shootas with a weirdboy In my next match I'll definitly take out the second mob and include a dread and/or more kans Thanks for your input

greggles

greggles

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 729 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
You can fit 9 killa kan's into 750 points. Big Mek, KFF 9 killa kan's + grotzooka's 2x 14 shoota, and PK/BP nob. Not much can handle that at 750 points. Be aware, you won't be playing 750 points long if you start playing that list. Most players (especially beakie), will ask to bump the points, so they can fit more anti tank.

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
I'd love to do that, but unfortunately I just have 3 kans... By the moment I'll try that list: H.Q. - Mek with KFF TROOPS: - Def Dread with CCW and Skorcha - 12 Boyz with nob PK/BP in a truck with RPJ - 19 Shoota boyz with nob PK/BP in a battlewaggon with Deff rolla and 1 Big Shoota HEAVY SUPPORT: - 3 Kans with Grotzooka But I don't know if is better a warboss because the KFF is useless against hive guards because they ignore cover.

greggles

greggles

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 729 posts
If you know he is bringing hive guard, then bring a warboss. I don't run KFF's vs nids anymore, due to the hive guard.

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Mmmm vs tyranids I'd better choose a Mek with burna and kombi scorcha. And the rest of points on more big shootas. I need it for my Dread being a troop choice. What do you think?

greggles

greggles

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 729 posts
Dreads can't hold points. You only need a troop choice dread if you are out of heavy slots. You have 2 heavy slots free.

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Right... Well I'll try the dread with scorcha and if it doesn't works I'll manage to aquire some more kans