Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FW Kommander/Warboss

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
I had a lot of fun painting this guy, and really went all out with the new washes - and I think I learned lotts of new things to use with future mobs. This guy came with the Kill Blasta I bought last August. He came without feet, so I swiped some off the AoBR Boss for him - I just thought he was too cool a mini to leave attached to a vehicle that might not see use on a regular basis. I've never played with 2 warbosses before, but I guess Nosherz tribe has become big enough (well over 10k points) that Nosher's earned the right to have a 2nd in command. Having a 2nd boss means I could (in theory) field 2 Green Tides - or one massive 50+ Nobs mob (have to make up an Apoc data sheet for that) for Nosher to lead, and let this guy (no name as yet) lead the Green Tide of boyz. Anyway - lots of pics to show off the miniature, which I think is just too damn cool. I wish FW (or Kromlech or somebody) would release more Ork characters of this quality. P1000974.JPG P1000975.JPG P1000976.JPG P1000977.JPG P1000978.JPG P1000979.JPG P1000982.JPG P1000983.JPG
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Senorankka

Senorankka

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
First thing to pop in to my mind was "IZ WANT YA IN ME WAAAGH!!!" Otherwise brilliantly awesome work.
There is never enough dakka.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
@Senorankka - Yeah, he definitely has a bit of an Uncle Sam "I want you for the US Army" recruiting poster look to him. I know the paint job is a little dark, but I think it came out well. The miniature is so awesomely detailed that it only needed enough paint to highlight the sculpt itself. Anyway, I think it's a shame these FW ork sculpts are so hard to get, I wish FW had a bitz store like GW used-to.
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

- Nosher

Gitkilla

Gitkilla

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
  • Army Name:Death Skulls
Nice idea to use the feets of the AoBR Warboss. I think I will loot this idea :lol Nice paintjob on the warboss :thumbs , but I would add some rust and paint the cable on the axe. Nice to see you painting much orks and tanks so fast. Keep on good work! :cheers
"Today itz Waaagh day! But thatz every day!" - Rutzgob
Epic song 'ere: DA ORK SONG

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts

Nice paintjob on the warboss :thumbs , but I would add some rust and paint the cable on the axe.

Thanks Gitkilla - I totally missed that! I'll get in there with some Tin Bitz & some colors & fix up the choppa tonight.

- Nosher

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,092 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
Nice job, Stikky. :thumbs With a full set legs, you get a good idea about how bulky this guy is. He is very atypical when compared to other warboss and nob models. I'm not sharing that as a negative. :) Name him "Bashak" and wind up hamfists some more. :yes ;)
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs

Nice job, Stikky. :thumbs

With a full set legs, you get a good idea about how bulky this guy is. He is very atypical when compared to other warboss and nob models. I'm not sharing that as a negative. :)

Name him "Bashak" and wind up hamfists some more. :yes ;)

I was finkin Bash-sproston till hes green, :choppa but the name is to long. ;)

Nice work Nosher ole chum. Jobs a gud un. :thumbs

WAAAGH! da Bashak aint to shabby if ya ask me but wearin blue just aint proppa.
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Stuart

Stuart

Outed 'umie luvva

• Blood Axez
  • 909 posts
  • Army Name:Kommissar Killjoy's Kavalry Korpz
He looks great! How'd you paint the skull decoration he's got hanging off him -- it's a nice realistic bone color.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts

He looks great! How'd you paint the skull decoration he's got hanging off him -- it's a nice realistic bone color.

Thanks Stuart!
The skull was simple, just a process of layers, really. Primed gray, washed black & then brown, dry-brushed skull white, then a final brown wash. The whole mini is pretty dark, but I'm pleased with how he came out.

- Nosher