Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Speed Freakish list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
HQ [170] Warphead 85 Warphead 85 Elites [225] 5 Lootas 75 5 Lootas 75 5 Lootas 75 Troops [690] 10 Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket) 85 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket) 85 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket) 85 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket) 85 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket) 85 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 Fast [720] 9 Warbikers, Nob (Bosspole) 240 9 Warbikers, Nob (Bosspole) 240 9 Warbikers, Nob (Bosspole) 240 Heavy [225] 3 Kannonz, 8 Grots, 3 Ammo Runts 75 3 Kannonz, 8 Grots, 3 Ammo Runts 75 3 Kannonz, 8 Grots, 3 Ammo Runts 75 Warpheads go into Trukk Units.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

greggles

greggles

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 920 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
Looks fun. My only adjustment would be to replace the nobz rocket launchers and add 1 more boy to each trukk mob, so you have 11 boyz and a PK/BP Nob in each one. Maybe give the nob avy armor as well. I find trukk boyz rarely fire. The trukk's do (if they aren't blown up), but the boyz themselves are usually waarghing, or running to get into position for the next turns charge.

Magus Gar Kan

Magus Gar Kan

Kommando

• Blood Axez
  • 945 posts
  • Army Name:Defgrimz Dakka Boyz
It's an unusual list... conventional wisdom would see the warp'eads dropped in favor of Big meks, the lootaz grouped into one big squad of 15, with only five in each they're too easy to kill or make run away. Also... it might be worth it to drop the second HQ and put some Klaws on your nobz... especially on the biker nobs. Otherwise you're gonna have a hell of a time punching through enemy tanks and heavy armor.
Offishol Fishhead Slackjaw Mcgee certified ork Rokka!
GENERATION 2: The first time you see this, copy and paste it into your sig and add 1 to the number after generation. Consider it a social experiment
"Waaagh! Waaagh! The Greenskins, Oldest Greatest Death Machine..."

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
Warpheads are here for AT duty (I love Zzap). KFF would be cool, but to be fair I like using terrain and warbikers as cover, for free. No Klaws because I don't like CC fighting with tanks in general, not with current rules ("I move 0.1" so You hit only 50% times" stuff).

Lost Boyz

Lost Boyz

squig attack arm

• Boyz
  • 453 posts
  • Army Name:Lost Boyz
I'd love to see this played. Do the Warpheads shoot from the trucks? I guess those 2 do not go as fast. Do you often get the rolls you want (for the warphead powers) by having 2 re-rolls? I love my Warphead, but I find his random rolls affect/alter my brilliant plans too much. I often run 2 sets of 7 Lootas instead of one big mob - too much of a target. I do find that in speedy lists like this, the Lootas get overlooked since you have so much speed and are in their face right away. I do require Powerklaws, though. I eat tanks all the time with those. You could put the warpheads in with the kannons too - they can shoot at different targets - but range would be a problem, and you certainly do not want to teleport your artillery (though it WOULD be funny).

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
Problem with Warphead and Grots/Big Guns is that only Ork (Boyz, Nobz) models count for his LD boost and LD 7 is bad. LD 10 (from 10+ models) is good, so I stick him with Trukkers. I thought about adding them to Warbikers units but they aim at different targets... As for "accuracy", two Warpheads give You 4 chances to roll Zzap. I smoked few Land Raiders that way :)

Killbless

Killbless

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 334 posts
  • Army Name:Groznobz Waaagh!!
...I ...so ...badly... want.. to .. try this list. Curse not having enough bikers! If you use this list please tell us how it goes! I'm curious to see how this would fare. If the boyz are going to be shooting, wouldn't it be smart to give them shootas? :?
"Natural progression I guess; Wartrakktor, Wartrukk, Battlewagon..." - Thoume on the evolution of Ork vehicles

'It is considered a great breach of protocol to open fire upon a challenger in a race such as this, though truth be told Orks have never cared that much about protocol' - Ork Codex

"In the end the towing stompa literally bristles with weaponry from across the galaxy. Sometimes the gunz are even pointing in the right direction!" - Imperial Armour 8 on Deff Arsenals

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
I wrote Boyz as "Boyz in general", but I think in this special case I would like to go with Slugga Boyz (or mix of Shootas and Weird-Sluggas). I probably would refine this list to contain some CC capabilities. [edit] During my attempts to fix this list I discovered it's over 2K, gah.

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
Ok, I had to "scrape the barrel" pointwise but: HQ [170] Warphead 85 Warphead 85 Elites [225] 5 Lootas 75 5 Lootas 75 5 Lootas 75 Troops [600] 10 Shoota Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Big Choppa) 80 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Shoota Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Big Choppa) 80 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Slugga Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket, Big Choppa) 90 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Slugga Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Rocket, Big Choppa) 90 Trukk (RL, Ram) 45 10 Shoota Boyz, Nob (Bosspole, Big Shoota) 80 [or should I get 20 Grots?] Fast [530] 9 Warbikers, Nob (Bosspole, Klaw) 265 9 Warbikers, Nob (Bosspole, Klaw) 265 9 Warbikers, Nob (Bosspole, Klaw) 265 Heavy [210] 3 Kannonz, 6 Grots, 3 Ammo Runts 69 3 Kannonz, 6 Grots, 3 Ammo Runts 69 3 Kannonz, 7 Grots, 3 Ammo Runts 72

greggles

greggles

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 920 posts
In my original comments, I was assuming each nob had a power claw. Having played probably 70 games now...I would never not give a nob a PK in a boyz mob...especially in a small one. Time after time, I've seen that nob make the difference between losing and winning combat. IMO, the entire basis for the entire ork army is the hidden power claw. It is never to underestimated. "IF" the big choppa was a power weapon, it would be awesome. But it's not. :( As such, if it was my list, i'd do everything in my power to make sure each nob had a PK/BP (unless they were in a group with other nobz).

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
I probably would have no problem with dumping 4 Bikers from one unit and adding 4 Klaws (or, in fact, 5) for Boyz. I had to play rough with points to fit as much stuff as I would, I believe this is (one of) best combo with 27 bikers. Outside of Boyz, I've got "nothing". 75~ points for good AT unit is a steal when compared to 25 point Klaw. One unit have Weirdboyz, if necessary (or if they teleport close to enemy) they can dish some PW attacks, maybe. For Klaws all around, I probably would: Downgrade cheapest Boyz to Grots Dump all rockets and BC on Boyz and Trukks. Does this seem like good investment? For me it isn't.

greggles

greggles

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 920 posts
My points differ from yours when i add up your lists. I got 125 for the trukk + ram + RL. + 9 boyz + nob with BP/BC. And 135 for the ones with an extra RL. Assuming you just listed the points wrong, I'd do the following. Drop 1 unit of 5 loota's. (75 points back). Drop the 2 RL and big shoota from the boyz mobz in the last 3 trucks. (+25 points). Replace the Big choppa's with PK's. That gives you a PK in each boyz mob, with a very small reduction in ranged. Any extra points left over, start maxing out your trukk mobz. Overall i think the lists effectiveness sky rockets. Now you've replaced 20 str 7 attacks, with 20 strength 9 armor ignoring attacks. Better vs tanks, walkers, infantry, and T4 HQ's. Throwing in some math hammer. (assuming MSU) You'd get 0.9 unsaved wound vs a unit of Beakies (5 loota's shooting at them with 2 shots each). And the big choopa would put 0.5 unsaved wounds on the Beakies. So no wound from the loota's. PK nob 1.6 unsaved wounds. PK nobz are nuts.

Razda

Razda

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 34 posts
  • Army Name:Kargoth's KoS
I'd say stick to your original theme. Your orks will perform better as an army you feel comfortable using. Here's some things to consider: If the warpheads can target something different than the orks they're with, why not put them with shoota trucks? They have a chance to roll power attacks in cc (where you wouldn't want them anyhow), and their trukk can set up for the shooting phase. Take the 50 pts worth of pk off of their nob for the rokkits you want. This lets you race into cc with your sluggas without worrying about what your warps will do. Definitely try to fill up the slugga trucks with boys though, because they'll be seeing casualties.