Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Battle Wagon/Looted Wagon

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
  • Army Name:Fel Orks
Hello, I am new here so I hope this is the right forum. This is my first creation outside of standard kit models for 40k. I created this whimsically just wanting to make something fun. I had a dream of 'looting' a defiler but with no intent to play it, as I just wanted to add random stuff to it for fun and looks. Now that its done, its fully magnet'd to the point that the base (leg portion) separates from the body (deff dread body portion), and all the arms, little weapons on the front claw legs, and even the big unusable looted Deathstrike missile ('umie bits) detaches and swaps out for a converted trukk bed. My question is can I play this with the trukk bed? I 'think' if we turn the other way on the walking legs it could be called a battle wagon, but I'm not sure. That is what I would like to field it as. I've posted some size comparison pics along with a standard battlewagon. This is not done yet, it still needs to be more orky on the base portion (defiler portion). Also any suggestions for other arm choices are welcomed as right now these are the only 2 arm mock ups I've made. re-sized the images, and posted new/different ones as I deleted a couple of the old ones.

Attached Thumbnails

• Beast2.jpg
  • Assembled_Front_Angle.jpg
  • Assembled_Front_2.jpg
  • All_Pieces_2.jpg
  • Beast3.jpg
  • Assembled_Side_2.jpg

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
I can't see any problem with accepting this as a battlewagon - so long as when you put it on the table the weapons load-out was correct, and you were clear that you weren't going to use any Walker rules for it. So long as it acts like a Battlewagon during the game, why should anyone have a problem with it being a cool giant robot spider looking-thing? Terrific build btw, you've joined the different kits together really well!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Mekgor

Mekgor

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
  • Army Name:Mekgor Mob
Well you beat me too it :) I have a chaos tainted ork army (Red Orks) and was going to do the same thing for a Battlewagon or fortress, deff dread and all :) In the one I am working on will use 6 legs, but not the front two claws like you have, and I am going to drop the dread a little lower so he sits in front and his close combat weapons can get to the ground troops as he passes :) Like Nosher, I don't think you would have any issue playing it as a BW. Weapon load outs being all people will be mainly concerned about. I prefer the truck bed option a little more than the large 'umie rocket, but I guess it depends on what you are aiming for and going to play it as. I like the build and you have inspired me to get cracking on mine as well. Good luck with the rest of the build.

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
Thank you! And thank you for the playability bit as well! I just ordered a deff rolla today to put on it. I'm really interested to see how your's turns out Mekgor!

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,772 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
SWEET ROLLER, DREDWAGON! I must say it's too awesome to NOT allow it in game. "Rule of cool" and all that... I would try to bend legs closer to center (to make it more narrow like "real" BW) and put it on rectangle base for AV determining purposes. As for arms, why not make ones holding Deff Roller?
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

Fox Box

Fox Box

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 181 posts
My gods, that thing is amazing. Would you mind if I featured it on the Fox Box blog? It's bloody fantastic.
Fox Box

UK purveyors of the finest in greenskin bitz.

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlwagon Driver

• Blood Axez
  • 1,811 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
i love everything except the huge cannon mounted on the zzapp gun - it seems a little too large for the little barrel that's holding it for my liking - perhaps add some supporting chains or something, or some recoil compensaters at the skinny bit to bulk it up. but as rules, i'd say a deffrolla BW with killkannon, RL and BS would be pretty fitting. especially as the trukk bed's for 12 models (technically, not really that important) so the killkannon will make that fit. good job!

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 3/0/0

Warboss Gorhack

Warboss Gorhack

'Ead Graft

• Bad Moonz
  • 729 posts
  • Army Name:Gorhacks Bad Moonz
I agree that it's a beautiful build. By way of critique, it's way too big to be a Trukk but looks a trifle spindly to be AV14 on the front as a Battlewagon. I'd consider beefing up the frontal and perhaps the side armor plates a bit. I think BMTK has the right of it when it comes to the weapon loadout and justification for a 12 passenger flatbed. It'd also make an excelent Mega or Mekadred, to be honest, or even a Stompa. Great work! My two teef, Warboss Gorhack

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
Thank you guys, especially for the criticism, it all helps for the next build (which is a stompa actually >.>) Maddamek: The local GW owner actually suggested the same thing. I go to pick up the deff rollas hopefully this Saturday during an event in the store. He's actually the one who told me to post here >.> I'ld only been to the rest of the site, not the forums before. Good groupa chaps here, and honest with the criticism, I like it a lot, glad I followed up on his suggestion. So I will be trying to customize a deff rolla to be held by the arms. Good thing I haven't glued them all the way yet. BMTK: I actually agree with you whole heartedly. I really liked the gun at first, but especially after the difficulty in getting it to mount right with the magnets and the front weightyness to it, its not as appealing to me. I'm thinking of grabbing a Lobba cannon and seeing if I can short mount that with some sort of attachment on it for an alternate. I cannot picture how you're talking to bulk up the thin section with the methods you've suggested. I don't think I'm fluent enough in crafting things to know how to do that. WB Gorhack: Good point about the armor values! I'll have to see what I can do to beef up the plating in some spots. I found some tips on how to make orkish plates and was going to apply them. I'll see what I can do to use them to make it look tankier on the sides/front. Although, I wonder if the deffrolla up front will just take care of that issue in the front for me? I'm taking some more detailed pics for Fox Box, so I'll post a couple more up to include the system of magnets and a completely disassembled picture with all the bits associated with this.

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
Well, I got side tracked with some killa kans which I'll be throwing up pictures of soon. But I started making some armor plating and I wanted to see if I'm on the right track before I get too far. Suggestions and Comments more than welcome! First is the in process pictures, then a couple of mounted pics, not very good ones I'm afraid.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012_04_08_22.40.23.jpg
  • 2012_04_08_22.35.35.jpg
  • 2012_04_08_20.28.21_1.jpg

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
Going extremely slow with this. Here is an update with the boomgun reworked and moved to a different location to reflect use in game as a looted wagon to play it that way. This was done as part of my Oct threat. Next for it: Working on a base to mount it on that will reflect the size of a battlewagon or rhino (for looted wagon) respectively.

Attached Thumbnails

• OctThreat1.jpg

Silverback

Silverback

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
This is a very cool build. I'd love to see your deffrolla done held overhead by a claw like the classic image of the hosewife wielding the rolling pin.

Warboss Mick

Warboss Mick

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,044 posts
Great build indeed, maybe u could file off the chaos icons on the legs but rest no critics. Keep it up :cheers .
Warboss Mick's WAAAGH! : http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51831 (Started assembling Rebel Grots / Gretchin, Big picture's . Update 19-05-2013)

Da Boss

Da Boss

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 241 posts
Well done, nice build! Have you played any games with it since you started in March? I take it the size issue is settled cuz its just too cool to not field it.
Y'know its missing something, a mushroom farm. Any proppa battlewagon's got to have one :soap Just think about it :)

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
Thanks again guys. Still got a long way to go with it, and running low on the motivation for it as I've got 2-3 other projects in my head at the same time. In response to the suggestions: Silverback, I love that idea actually. I've been trying to think of a way to have the klaws holding onto the handles of a deffrolla that I magnetized a little bit. Thanks for the suggestion! Good call Mick, I've sanded 2/3rds of those off actually, trying to sort out if I want them all gone or modify them in some way for chaosy orks! And Boss, mushroom farm is a hard sell on me sir, but thank you for the suggestion :)

ridin_shotgun

ridin_shotgun

Stainless Steel Skull

• Boyz
  • 562 posts
  • Army Name:Da Krump Karnival Klan
I say this way too much on forums, but that is a sexy beast. Very proppa.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan da uvvaz.