Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

March madness continues

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Finished up the Kill Krusha yesterday early enough that I could dig these buggies out of their storage tray & start throwing a little paint on them. The rokkit launchas are magnetized, for easy turning/removal. The buggies are mostly trukk kits, with a few bike parts thrown in, and I think they came out pretty well. They are, however, going to be a :bleep to paint, simply because there's so many little nooks and crannies I can't reach with a brush. Anyway, gave them an initial dry-brush of Tin Bitz, painted the drivers' trousers grey & started in on the tires. More to follow soon: First - for scale purposes: Buggy_scale_pic.JPG Here's the skwadron: Buggies_built_front.JPG Buggies_built_left.JPG Buggies_built_right.JPG
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Killbless

Killbless

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 334 posts
  • Army Name:Groznobz Waaagh!!
The buggies look really good. Could we get some close ups of them? Are they going to be painted like your Kill krusha/ blasta? (Which I still want to knick... Looks too good for it's own good.)
"Natural progression I guess; Wartrakktor, Wartrukk, Battlewagon..." - Thoume on the evolution of Ork vehicles

'It is considered a great breach of protocol to open fire upon a challenger in a race such as this, though truth be told Orks have never cared that much about protocol' - Ork Codex

"In the end the towing stompa literally bristles with weaponry from across the galaxy. Sometimes the gunz are even pointing in the right direction!" - Imperial Armour 8 on Deff Arsenals

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
You have some really nice looking buggies there! (...which I believe would look very neat with a red paintjob, however that's another story ;) ...)

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Thank you for the kind words Killbless & Draksaar - I'll be painting these this week, & will post some close-up pics as I go. The details will be easier to distinguish when everything isn't the same color.

You have some really nice looking buggies there! (...which I believe would look very neat with a red paintjob, however that's another story ;) ...)

These will be blue - or at least will have blue highlights. If I painted them red someone might think I'd "borrowed" them from Hakbash. If I don't paint them blue what's to stop some no gud lootin git (also Hakbash) from tryin ter nick 'em off me?
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

- Nosher

stormboy

stormboy

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 157 posts
I have been hesitating on this tank (Kill Krusha) for a while now - but seeing this pushes me over the line of desire to must have. This is terrific. I can't wait to see the buggies finished. I am not a fan of the blue - but I acknowledge that there are other Orks in the universe - grudgingly - Anyway, love the models and the mix of drivers is a great touch. You could have stuck with one build and things would have looked alright but you made each one unique (which to me is extremely meaningful - I have seen too many deffkopta buggy conversions). Great job.
www.dorkamorka.com - mixing 40K and beer before it was cool.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Thank you for the positive words Stormboy! I got caught up with work and other RL concerns for a bit, but I finally got a couple hours to pick up the paint brush again this afternoon & to snap a few quick pics. These are still very much WIP, only the base colors are done - but I'm confident I'll be able to start throwing on the washes tonight, and possibly move on to mud & dirt by Sunday! Anyway, here're the pics: Group shot: Buggies_WIP_Group_Shot.JPG Buggy #1 Buggies_WIP_1a.JPG Buggies_WIP_1b.JPG Buggy #2 Buggies_WIP_2a.JPG Buggies_WIP_2b.JPG Buggy #3 Buggies_WIP_3a.JPG Buggies_WIP_3b.JPG

- Nosher

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Managed to finish up the buggies today - it's raining out, so the pictures are a tad darker than usual (taken on the porch instead of the backyard). Anyway, I'll post those photos over in the Trophy Rack. Here I'll post the last item from my March painting threat - the FW Kommander figure that came with the Kill Blasta. He had no feet when I got him, but a quick trade with at the local GW and I got myself one of the new plastic bosses, who promptly donated his feet to this build. The feet aren't a perfect match, and the pose is very static - but this guy was intended to be standing in the open hatch of a tank, so you really can't expect a very dynamic pose. Anyway, I'm going to give him a good wash & see about priming him/starting painting a bit later. For now, here's a really awesomely detailed FW ork boss who isn't seen very often. FW_Kommander_WIP_1.JPG FW_Kommander_WIP_2.JPG FW_Kommander_WIP_3.JPG

- Nosher

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm
Nice buggies Nosher. :thumbs Just a shame about the unproppa colour. ;) Good idea giving the Tank Kommanda some feet - you'll have a pretty unique boss when you're done. What about the footless AOBR boss though - maybe give him roller skates? :biggrin
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

DocNuK

DocNuK

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 886 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
we think similar. :biggrin that was intended to be a commander for my walking ruzz/stompa thing some time ago. but i was so stupid to use the feet a an old metal waaaghboss. xxxx1.jpg
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
@DocNuk - it was surprisingly hard to find feet that would match this mini - made me wish I had some decent greenstuff-skills, but since I suck with GS... I do think the AoBR boss matched the FW commander pretty well, maybe you could still swap his feet before painting?

- Nosher

DocNuK

DocNuK

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 886 posts
  • Army Name:no name - why a name when i never really play
too late. i painted it a few weeks ago and they still looks too small. but i could rip them off again (even if the are pinned and glued with a piece of gs to get a smoother changeover) maybe a solution is to add some "teeth" made from plastic card to the front.
In the end, it was the Sunday afternoons he couldn't cope with, and that terrible listlessness which starts to set in at about 2:55, when you know that you've had all the baths you can usefully have that day, that however hard you stare at any given paragraph in the papers you will never actually read it, or use the revolutionary new pruning technique it describes, and that as you stare at the clock the hands will move relentlessly on to four o'clock, and you will enter the long dark teatime of the soul.