Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Picking up fantasy, here's the start!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Uzrug Slasha

Uzrug Slasha

Tankbusta Boy

• Goffz
  • 430 posts
  • Army Name:Da Deth Dealaz
Oi ladz, So I finally decided to pick up fantasy and give it a try. Went on eBay and started making some purchases to get my army off the ground. I have: 60 Ork boyz with two hand weapons, 1 command squad NIB Ork boyz regiment 4 regular trolls 4 black orcs (2 w/ great weapon, 2 w/ add. CC) Annnnd the orc & gobbo rulebook. What do you guys think? What's my best bet moving forward? I was thinking about buying a unit of black orcs and a orc big boss set. Then I'd be able to field a pretty decently sized army with a solid base (2 35-strong orc mobs) plus two hard hitting units in the trolls and black orcs. Also! Very interested in hearing about what I should arm my boyz with. I could easily convert the orcs I currently have to having a weapon and shield. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks!
-Uzrug Slasha-
"Fear da GREEN tide!"

"If broot force doezen't solve ya problem, ya ain't usin' enuff!"

"We iz more den just Orks. We iz GOFFZ!"

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,828 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
I'd get them with a shield, as they fall to S4 shooting without any saves without. i'd buy black orcs,as 4 isn't enough to make a squad. then i'd buy a shaman, to get some magic defence in, and go from there, playing and seeing what you need.

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Uzrug Slasha

Uzrug Slasha

Tankbusta Boy

• Goffz
  • 430 posts
  • Army Name:Da Deth Dealaz
Okay, sounds like a plan. What about for a weapon? Choppa or spears?
-Uzrug Slasha-
"Fear da GREEN tide!"

"If broot force doezen't solve ya problem, ya ain't usin' enuff!"

"We iz more den just Orks. We iz GOFFZ!"

coldsteel

coldsteel

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 8 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Gobspank (WFB) and WAAAGH Grotspank (40K)
I'd get 2 boxes of Black Orcs, for a regiment of 24, another box of Orc Boys, a Shaman as above and a Warboss model. Your 2 Orc regiments should get to 40 if possible to Horde up and I'd stay with 2 HW Boys, due to the Choppas rule and you'd have the same number of attacks as a block of Spears, thans to the first rank having 2 Attacks each. I'd also get an Orc bigboss on Boar to 'lead' the Trolls.
WAAAGH! Pics on my photobucket account.