Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some of these green guys

* * * * * 3 votes

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
I've actually gotten around making a base for the second trukk and while I was doing that I started to think that my first trukk was a little bit plain so I thought of way to make it look nicer. After some thinking I decided in favour of a roof with some symbol on... not totally sure about it so what do you guys say? Is it better or worse than before?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My greatest problem when it comes to modelling and painting is that I hardly ever find anything fully completed, the latest victim to that cause is my stompa which recieved a brand new base:
Posted Image

Time to look for some more left over orks, laters! :cheers

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Location:Current Location: Unkown All Imperial Records Deleted
  • Army Name:Orks Of Da Engineerum
Do you do commissions? you might make a lot of money wink wink ;) ;)
WAAAAGGGHHH Da Orks Of Da Engineerum

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm

After some thinking I decided in favour of a roof with some symbol on... not totally sure about it so what do you guys say? Is it better or worse than before?

I like the roof - it gives you another chance to show off your excellent freehand skills.

Nice bases too. :thumbs
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

Murrdox

Murrdox

Steel Hornz

• Boyz
  • 645 posts
Great job on all of these. I wish you'd painted the rivets on the Stompa and done a little bit of weathering. Still stunning paintjob on everything though.

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Hmm, wouldn't it be more realistic that the orks first built the stompa and then gave it a nice tick coat of red paint? In that case the rivets would be red as well ;) Furthermore it might sound quite iffy but I don't really like weathering. However the orks are by far the funniest looking race in 40k so you'll have to live with some very clean greenskins. The main reason behind to roof was to actually get a big nice area for some free hand and as I'm getting back into the painting mood it might be time for something more complicated than these mono colour symbols :)

PeaceCraft

PeaceCraft

Lobotomy

• Boyz
  • 737 posts
  • Army Name:Da KogDeff Broozaz
sweet red paintjob! that symbol there reminds me of beer brand we have down here southern hemisphere :) that red really pops out and looks mighty proppa to me! very very nice work man, cant wait to see more :D cheers

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
After some skiing I'm back to torture my little plastic dudes with green paint. :)

During my last scavenge mission I managed to find some deff koptas... unfortunatly only 3 of them as it seems I've already used up quite a few as I believe I had 9 once upon a time. The deff kopta itself is a really pretty model, however when you have 3 of them you start to realize how monotonous they look. Although this can easily been solved by some modification.
What do you guys think? Do they look at least a little bit different?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And now I'm off to look for some more models. :cheers

Skaven Dave

Skaven Dave

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 254 posts
  • Army Name:Grimfang's Ladz
Love the twin rotors on the Deffkopta. Stunning paint jobs and cracking conversions throughout the army. And such a fast painter...I guess that comes of painting everything red... :biggrin
...Hi, my name's Dave and I'm an Orkaholic...

Instructions on Landmines for Grots: Dig hole, place landmine, cover with earth, stamp down firmly...

Gaf-Naz

Gaf-Naz

Mayor of Orktown

• Bad Moonz
  • 1,992 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Gaf-Naz, Da Inter-Hive Firm

What do you guys think? Do they look at least a little bit different?

Yes, the modifications you've made look great, especially the twin rotor. :thumbs

I hope you've got red skis too. :biggrin
Ork Town III - Terrain building competition, sponsored by Ramshackle Games.

Do you need some 6th edition fortifications for your army, a new terrain piece or an 'armies on display' board?

Then build it, paint it, post it and move into "da orkiest town in da ooniverse", and have the chance of winning a prize!

radegast6

radegast6

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 542 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Skullcrasha WAGHH!!
but there is so mant thigs that you can do with that model... I thing that this is one of the best ork spures - coptas and storm boyz - perfect.
Miniatures Conversion Blog

Mek shop orks buy here

ORKS DONT DO FACEBOOK BUT IF THEY WOULD...

apparently “mass produced plastic toys” are not protectable as “sculptures” or “works of artistic craftsmanship” under English law... hmm interesting

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Exactly! With some imagination, time and spare parts one can do really customize the coptas so that not a single one looks alike :) As I've never seen the storm boyz sprues I can't say much about it more than it might be worth it to pick up a box or 2.

Bloodsbane

Bloodsbane

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 101 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Nazdreg
Wow! Your freehand markings are top notch! I agree the twin rotor copta looks awesome. I'd love to see some more variation on the bases though. Perhaps some rocks picked out in a slightly different color? I realize everything's supposed to be covered with slushy mud, but any sort of variation in the browns would add a lot I think.

Mudd da Grot

Mudd da Grot

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 112 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Redskulls Kommandos
Gotta echo some of the others here...the Defkoptas look excellent...especially the twin rotor... Mudd
Mudd da Grot...turning FTW into WTF since 1991...

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Guess who's back! I've actually had these boyz painted up for quite some time now, however as I ran out of purity seal it took a little while extra to get a new can. I hope you like them!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I also found an old AoBR boss that looked quite sad and lonely so i decided in favour of giving him some new gear. The thing with this model is that the original pose is nice, it's just that his chosen wargear makes it a little bit stiff.
The only problem now is that I don't know how I'm supposed to paint the sword and shield so if anyone got some suggestions/thought I'd more than happy! :cheers
Posted Image

Spacecat

Spacecat

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 539 posts
Sword and shield? You already know the trick of red plus a silver edge, but look at this guy's bosspole... tony03.jpg : Favorite color, edges in chainmail silver... dab a little random drybrush and it looks good. I especially love doing this on axes as red+silver does a neat 'fireman's axe' effect. Also I love a wash of devlan mud or gryphonne sepia to make things look a bit more dirty/rusty. Do you use washes at all on your models? The colors look so crisp I'm wondering if it's the photography, the brighter-than-usual color mix you use... so I can't tell. :P Alternative idea: Make the shield a rusted-up piece of scrap bolted together. The best recipe for 'rust' I found boiled down to this: Pick a shade of orange and your 2-3 favorite shades of brown or reddish brown. Dab one color all over the rusty place, then another color, then another, go back to first color, pick another color at random... So dab dab dab fair randomly till you got a spattering of all the orange-to-browns all over the place, makes a great rusty mess. Aaand finish with a touch of boltgun metal on spots that were rubbed shiny anew. hmm, if the choppa's rusty, you can give tetanos to your foes, haha.
Topic for my threats and army: http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=51463
A recipe for Stormboyz done differently: www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=51279

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
It was nice to get some feedback spacecat, however it wasn't really what I was looking for (dumb me not specifying). The thing I like most when it comes to painting is free hand motifs, patterns and other goofy effects. But fear not fellows I came up with something! :!

Regarding the colors they actually are quite crisp and somewhat brighter than usually on orks. I'm not really a big fan of washes myself but I use a little bit of gryphonne sepia to tone down the yellow before I highlight it and some on the pants.

About the boss then: to start of and get in the mood I started of with some checkers. Easy peasy you might say but I like how the red and yellow pattern looks.Posted Image

Then I thought long and hard (hehe bad pun is bad) about what I could do with the sword and ended up with some purple thing. It may not show but there is alot of layers here, going from liche purple to pure white.Posted Image

Next on the line was the inside of the shield... originally I thought I could get away by just painting it in boltgun metal and then light tint it with black. However it went a little bit further, I even dropped my standard brush in favour of a smaller one. ;) Posted Image

So I guess that's the end of my attemt att pimping the AoBR boss... the third one to be more precise. Posted Image

Next up will be the buggy project... and believe me, I've found some truly interesting bits... Mwhahahahaaaa :cheers

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Hmm, I guess that I'm the only one who likes my warboss. Lets hope that my buggy will be more appreciated :biggrin
For the time being it only needs some varnish and then it's all finished.

The question then should something in line with: what am I going to do now? ..and the answer is as follows:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I got it earlier this week and took some pictures so you could get a picture of what it looks like before i set my diabolic plan in motion. I also picked up some turrets for it and I must say, I'm impressed by the amounth of detail on these:
Posted Image

confused

confused

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 28 posts
That warboss is amazing. I have been looking at it for an hour lol... Makes me want to try some more free hand stuff. I like the crisp look to everything, looks like your orks are proud and rich.

Nork

Nork

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 189 posts
  • Army Name:Da Skavenga's
I wouldn't take the lack of replies to be any form of criticism, your work is great, your conversions are very cool and I like the style of paint. The Warboss is awesome too :) Thanks for sharing the pics of your army, honestly seeing peoples armies is half the reason i'm on this forum. Keep up the good work.

Draksaar

Draksaar

Juicy Squig

• Grotz
  • 61 posts
Thanks for the kind words :) However as I always want to improve my painting skills some feedback and ideas do good! To be honest Nork, seeing all these nice armies online is what keeps my little ork gang going. Coherency is truly beautiful :biggrin