Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

first medium sized game in a while.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Oldfart

Oldfart

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Rednek Orks
Well, I am finally well enough to play a large game. So my scumgrod Danny and me are going to go at it hammer and tongs. Danny is a self described effient guard player. So it should be interesting. What do you all think. Flash Gits are fluffy and I have a nice Badrukk model so just say bless his heart and move on (Translation from Southernese to yall saying bless his or her heart is like calling someone politely a retard.) 3500 Pts - Orks Roster HQ: Mad Dok Grotsnik (160 pts) Rides with the MANZ HQ: Ghazghkull Thraka (228 pts) Ammo Runt; Troops: 20 Shoota Boyz (176 pts) BS x2; 1 Boyz Nob PK; BP Troops: 20 Shoota Boyz (176 pts) BS x2; 1 Boyz Nob PK; BP Troops: 20 Choppa & Slugga Boyz (176 pts); BS x2; 1 Boyz Nob PK; BP Troops: 20 Choppa & Slugga Boyz (176 pts); BS x2; 1 Boyz Nob PK; BP Troops: 29 Gretchin ( 107 pts) 2 Runtherd Troops: 8 Meganobz (, 520 pts); Shoota/Skorcha x3; Cybork Body 1 Battlewagon BS x1; Kan AP; DR; GR; RPJ Elite: 10 Nobz (495 pts); Choppa x8; Power Klaw x1; Shoota/Skorcha x3; BP x1; Cybork Body; Waaagh! Banner x1) 1 Painboy 1 Battlewagon BS x1; Kan AP; DR; GR; RPJ Elite: 11 Tankbustas (210 pts) Tankhammer x2; BSquig x3; 1 Tankbustas Nob Rokx1; Bosspole) Elite: 6 Burna Boyz (180 pts) Cybork Body 3 Mekboy ; Cybork Body Heavy Support: Looted Wagon (90 pts); Skorcha; Rokkit Launcha x2; AP; RPJ; RR Heavy Support: Looted Wagon (90 pts); Skorcha; Rokkit Launcha x2; AP; RPJ; RR Heavy Support: 5 Flash Gitz (415 pts) More Dakka; Shootier; Ammo Runt x3; Cybork Body 1 Kaptin Badrukk 1 Painboy GO) Fast Attack: 2 x Deffkoptas (105 pts); Bbx1; TL BS x1; TL Rok x1; Cybork Body Fast Attack: 2 x Deffkoptas (105 pts); Bbx1; TL BS x1; TL Rok x1; Cybork Body Fast Attack: 3 x Warbuggies (105 pts) TL Rok x 3 Now your first question is about Rokkits on a skrocha wagon. The reason is his troops are usally near a vehicle. I aim at the vehicle with the schorcha and the rokkits and the over spray from the scorcha cooks the squad near the vehicle. Old Fart
Ork.... Rednecks in Spaaaace.

greggles

greggles

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 912 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
Hrm. Never dealt with this many points before....but the list seems small. I have nearly as many models @ 1500 points as you do at 3500. I think your use of cybork is causing you to overpay for models which don't really benefit from it. Did you apply the cybork discount to the nobz and flash gitz? (It's only 5 points per, not 10 when you take mad doc). I don't think the cybork really helps the burna's, or the deff koptas. Maybe give 1 deff copta in each group a buzz saw instead, and use their turbo boosted scout move to get some turn 1 assaults on enemy vehicles. The cybork is less useful, as they'll get a 3+ cover save during the first turn of counter firing. (applies during turn 1, even if you turbo boosted during your scout move and not your normal movement). Not sure on the effectiveness of the looted wagons. With a 16% chance of doing absolutely nothing, I think I'd rather spent those points on two battlewagons. Make up for the lack of flaming by adjusting points and giving more manz skorcha's, and adding more burna's (and less mek's). Looted wagon's (IMO), always seem like great choices...but I think that is because everyone always forgets to do the "don't press that" roll, and opponents forget to remind you. You can always reduce the # of manz or nobz to get points for the extra BW upgrades. The four deff rolla's will definitely come in handy. Just deff rolla 13 inches through your buddies vehicles...it'll hit the squad behind too :). Once that roll is in effect, the looted wagons are mediocre (at best) choices.

Oldfart

Oldfart

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 480 posts

Hrm. Never dealt with this many points before....but the list seems small. I have nearly as many models @ 1500 points as you do at 3500. I think your use of cybork is causing you to overpay for models which don't really benefit from it. Did you apply the cybork discount to the nobz and flash gitz? (It's only 5 points per, not 10 when you take mad doc).

I don't think the cybork really helps the burna's, or the deff koptas. Maybe give 1 deff copta in each group a buzz saw instead, and use their turbo boosted scout move to get some turn 1 assaults on enemy vehicles. The cybork is less useful, as they'll get a 3+ cover save during the first turn of counter firing. (applies during turn 1, even if you turbo boosted during your scout move and not your normal movement).

Not sure on the effectiveness of the looted wagons. With a 16% chance of doing absolutely nothing, I think I'd rather spent those points on two battlewagons. Make up for the lack of flaming by adjusting points and giving more manz skorcha's, and adding more burna's (and less mek's). Looted wagon's (IMO), always seem like great choices...but I think that is because everyone always forgets to do the "don't press that" roll, and opponents forget to remind you. You can always reduce the # of manz or nobz to get points for the extra BW upgrades. The four deff rolla's will definitely come in handy. Just deff rolla 13 inches through your buddies vehicles...it'll hit the squad behind too :).

Once that roll is in effect, the looted wagons are mediocre (at best) choices.

He plays gaurd. I dont expect any vehical to survive turn 1 and I know there will be none left on turn two. He does not play gaurd like other gaurd players. Other Gaurd players I dont really worry about him and Yost well, there nasty and fun to play.

Oldfart

Oldfart

squig attack arm

• Deathskullz
  • 480 posts
okay re thought the list. Flash gitz 86ed. 3500 Pts - Orks Roster - 1:2 4 HQ: Ghazghkull Thraka 225 pts HQ: Warboss 128 pts ; PK; Sh/Sk 'EA; AR AS; Bp; Cybork Troops: Boyz 25 Boyz @ 201 pts BS x1; Sht 1 Boyz Nob PK; Bp Troops: Boyz 25 Boyz @ 201 pts BS x1; Sht 1 Boyz Nob PK; Bp Troops: Boyz 25 Boyz @ 196 pts C & S 1 Boyz Nob PK; Bp Troops: Boyz 25 Boyz @ 196 pts C & S 1 Boyz Nob PK; Bp Troops: Nobz (9#, 498 pts) 7 Nobz @ 498 pts BC x2; Chpa x3; PK x2; Sl x5; Sh/Sk x2; ; 'EA x7; AR x1; Bp x1; Cy WB x1) 1 Painboy Cy 1 Battlewagon BS x2; AP; DR; GR; RPJ Troops: Meganobz 8 MANZ @ 460 pts 1 Battlewagon ; BS x2; AP; DR; GR; RPJ Elite: Lootas 13 195 pts Elite: Lootas 14, 210 pts) Elite: Burna Boyz 10 Burna Boyz @ 195 pts 3 Mekboy Heavy Support: Battlewagon 140 pts; BS x2; AP; DR; GR; RPJ Heavy Support: Battlewagon 140 pts; BS x2; AP; DR; GR; RPJ Heavy Support: Battlewagon 215 pts BS x3; Kan Killk; 'AC; AP; GR; RPJ; RR Fast Attack: 1 Warbuggy ; TLR 1 Warbuggy TLR 1 Warbuggy TLR Fast Attack: Deffkoptas 2 Deffkoptas @ 90 pts TLR x2; Fast Attack: Deffkoptas 105 pts; Bb x1; TLR x2;