Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My 500 pt list success!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

thegreatoxe

thegreatoxe

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
Big Mek - KFF 23 Slugga/Choppa Boyz - Boyz Nob - PK, BP 23 Slugga/Choppa Boyz - Boyz Nob - PK, BP Killa Kan - Grotzooka I play 2 games last night. 1 was a 2v2. The other was a 3-way FFA. Both were objective games, but I didn't care. I wanted to see what the boyz could do. On the first game, I teamed up with Chaos beakies, he went head to head with Space Pups, while I went head to head with Ultra Beakies........ I took 1 unit of boyz and Big Mek and cleaned house with the Ultra Beakies player... I will never EVER leave the house without a PK... It's just too good. It destroyed his drop-pod and his dreadnought with the klaw alone... The grotzooka was not as good because he deployed well (even though he didn't know I was playing the Killa Kan), however it did wipe out a unit of scouts with the grotzooka! Then it killed his HQ with its CCW :D So it got it's points worth. The kicker was that 1 unit of boyz held the objective, so I took out 500 pts of Beakies with around 300 points... Not bad. The second game was a 3-way FFA between fish'ead, Chaos beakies, and Orks (obviously!). I did not deploy well. I took out lots of small things, but mostly stayed quiet while the Chaos player and fish'ead player fought it out. Although I tried to engage the Chaos in CC, I failed my run (rolled a 1...) and I couldn't assault. The Chaos charged me and wiped the floor with me. Killed 15 orks with his Beakies... I failed my LD, and the Ini test... and got wiped out. Still came out as a tie between CSM and Orks. The fish'ead player.... just failed. I'm having TONS of fun with this list and the players don't know how to handle 24 wounds with a 5+ cover save. Not to mention WS 4, T 4... So good.

greggles

greggles

'Ard Boy

• Boyz
  • 825 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
If you dropped the killa kan and KFF Big Mek... 1) Take a Warboss with a Power Klaw. 2) Take a unit of grots which can act as bubble wrap for the boyz, giving them a 4+ cover save (instead of 5+), and giving them the charge everytime. Spend the extra 5 points on avy armor for the boss, or an extra grot. KFF's are best used when you have a heapload of vehicles. That's because they confer obscurement to vehicles, which gives the vehicle a 4+ cover save. Vs troops, it's only ever a 5+, so it's always better to use grots instead. This is the fundamental principal behind a kan wall. The kans walk in front, giving the boyz behind them a 4+ cover save. The KFF covers the kan's, giving them a 4+. Everyone gets a 4+ and is happy. The reason I mention this, is because having a str 10, armor ignoring, 5 attacks on the charge, at WS 5 at this point level is REALLY nice.)

thegreatoxe

thegreatoxe

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 20 posts
Thanks for the advice greggles! I will include that in my 4th list that I want to play with. Right now my opponents are so overwhelmed with 40+ wounds on the board... when they only have like 23... LOL "Datz why we Orkses is da best!" I have 40 grots on their way (hopefully). Would you take a unit of 30 grots in front of the 2 units of ork boyz?