Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Kan wall for 500 and 750 pts

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
Gork's blessings. I have a nice tournament in view. It's a two steps tournament (first of 500pts and 750pts after that). I will have to face 'umies, tin'eads and tyranids in the first stage. In the second stage there will be a 2 for 2 game depending on the points won by each player. Well... i've prepared a kan list. I think that it could work against all of them (specially tyranids). Correct me if don't, please. HQ (115pts) Big Mek - BP, KFF, PK. TROOPS (250pts) 17x Shoota Boyz (with the mek) 17x Shoota Boyz with nob BP, PK. HEAVY SUPPORT (135pts) 3x Killa kans with Grotzooka TOTAL: 500 pts ---- HQ (115 pts) Big Mek - BP, KFF, PK. TROOPS (350 pts) 20x Shoota Boyz (with the mek) 20x Shoota Boyz with nob BP, PK. 18x Grots with Runt Herder (Grabba stick) ELITE (150pts) 5x lootas 5x lootas HEAVY SUPPORT (135pts) 3x Killa kans with Grotzooka TOTAL: 750pts ---- Besides of the lists (I think they are standard enough) do you think they should work against those players? tin'eads could cook a grot boiled soup in the kans? Tyranid guard? Nasty 'umies big dakka? Thanks to every one and may the waaagh be with you
May the waaagh be with you...

greggles

greggles

'Ead Graft

• Boyz
  • 732 posts
  • Army Name:Noobie Horde
You can fit 9 killa kan's @ 750. If you are going for a kan wall, I'd max out the kan's first. Also, always take a nob pk/bp. The Big Mek can be singled out in close combat, causing the unit to break when the mek dies (no BP). The nob can not. That's one of the same things I did when I first started playing. Once you lose that PK, the mob of boys is significantly less effective. Orks are all about the hidden PK's.

Drobbit

Drobbit

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
By the way I just own 3 kans :sowhat Otherwise I think that it could be risky just to drop kans. I prefer a more equilibrated list. I understand de kans as a wall to protect your boyz, they have to die and the more grotzookas/rokkits you drop before, the more fun you have :thumbs
May the waaagh be with you...