Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Singlemalt's orcs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Singlemalt

Singlemalt

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
This is my first Orc, hopefully the first of many.
I've been experimenting quite a bit with the metallics on this miniature, basically I ended up basecoating boltgun and highlighting with mithrill and then shading with several different washes. It only took me a couple of tries to figure that out. :P

As a spot color I started out with red, but it didn't quite pop, so then I decided on yellow and checkers. I love how Bad Moonz look in 40K, hopefully it translates to fantasy as well.

Posted Image

The animated gif is also a bit of an experiment, I definately need to improve my photography. I'm struggling with my lighting and distance.

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,045 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGGGHHHH! O'da Red Orks!
I love it! :D Well done, i wouldn't mind a pm saying how you managed it! ;)
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

Singlemalt

Singlemalt

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
Hi Drakon7, Could you be a bit more precise as to what you'd like to know?

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,045 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGGGHHHH! O'da Red Orks!
eh I donno, never seen a gif on here, its pretty well done!
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

Singlemalt

Singlemalt

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
I just took a couple of pics from all around the mini. I did it by hand, but I guess it's better if your camera is fixed. I then made a gif with a program named unfreeze. It's a free program that I downloaded a couple of years ago, not sure it's still available, but there might be others.