Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Month of Mork (March) 2012 Painting Challenge

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

victorpofa

victorpofa

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Da Killy Karrs Speed Freeks
Update time! Build: 5 converted Burna Boyz - 3 Done. Fix up 5 old Trukks - Done. Fix up three old Wartrakks - Done. Paint: 6 Wyches - Done. 6 Seekers of Slaanesh - Untouched.
The Elder Party
Cthulhu/Nyrlathotep in '16
Why Settle For A Lesser Evil?

Velsharoon

Velsharoon

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
I finished my burna boyz, pics at end of the month.

Here is my WIP for the rest of ladz, I was hoping to finish them today but turns out its St Paddys so I am off to the pub instead :cheers

http://www.the-waaag...p...st&id=52289
Just a few more splodges of paint and some weathering and the bases and jobs a good un, you can see one wot I dont earlier in the background.

Edit: Sorry about the large image size, rookie error

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlwagon Driver

• Blood Axez
  • 1,812 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
i think someone just broke the record for picture size!!! you need to resize your pics down to about 800 pixels on the longest side. 4606 pixels is zogging 'uge!!!

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Da BLOOtoof Deffskullz
As said by BMTK you pic is zoggin uge.. :eek

please replace it with this:
DSCF0002.jpeg

resized to 800x600 in about three seconds..the result was the picture went from 4.13 MB to 200 KB

da waaagh kindly provides free bandwidth (and with no ads)..the least we can do is not take up huge chunks of it...

cheers
'smasha

Edit: Thank you for re-sizing you picture! I was about to give one of teh nobz a dreadsock... :D
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Jul 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steampunk Zombies with Power Fists. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “You are already dead”.

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 4 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!"

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,345 posts
  • Army Name:Da Blue Thunda Speed Freeks
Update for myself. Looks like I'm having my friends over for a game of some description (Space Hulk or Flames of War or both) on the 23rd. As such, my schedule is being accelerated to have everything done by the 23rd. It's actually do-able though. I just finished painting the faces/eyes of the three leadership figures (Lorenzo, Gideon, Calistratus), and put down the first layer of what will be the white markings on the armour for all the Terminators. The Genestealers are all but done. Their claws need some paint and highlighting, but I will do that when I paint the black portions of the Blood Angel's armour. I also started doing up some terrain pieces just in case Flames of War is one of the games we can also play. I'm planning on doing a basic introductory scenario using a couple of German StuG assault guns, some US Shermans, a Rifle Platoon on each side, one standing in for Germans. So looks like I will make the threat... although building up the plastic StuGs has taken a back-seat so far this month.
______Agatheron \_______
--Remember, long, uncontrolled bursts,
and indiscriminate target selection.
____________________________/

http://chaplainsbrush.wordpress.com/

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
My Kill Blasta is finished. My Kill Krusha WAS finished (DocNuk has guilted me into working some more on it). My 3 RL buggies are primed, and have a couple initial base colors on them. I may not finish this month's threat, but it'll be close!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Mostly done! Kill Blasta - finished Kill Krusha - will have to go back & give it a few more final details (damn DocNuk for guilting me into doing better!) Rokkit Launcha buggies - finished FW Tank Kommander/War Boss - started today
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

- Nosher

Velsharoon

Velsharoon

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Hey all, I met my challenge. See the completed pic below. I should probably do some detailing such as checks and dags on the MANz and the wagon but I dont have the patience for it DSCF0004__Small_.JPG Glad to see everyone else plugging away.

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,345 posts
I'm starting to mark people as Green. In my case, my painting threat is now complete. I finished up the Space Hulk set in time for a great battle last night with some old friends who had never played it before. I know I'm breaking rules, but here's a not-so-good picture of things in action:

Posted Image

It doesn't show any detail whatsoever... but its getting played :)

I have two more Plastic Soldier Company StuG G Assault Guns to build to round out the unit of 5. I expect those to be done tonight. Curiously enough, as a bonus threat, I have one that's already completed, as I built up 3 forest units and about 9 Bocage hedgerows for a Flames of War intro game... but I still have to build these StuGs, so my threat isn't quite completed yet... but it will get done.

Now to decided what to do for April.
______Agatheron \_______

det

det

Frantik

• Blood Axez
  • 2,003 posts
  • Army Name:Snake Korps
ha...completed my threat! ;)

modelling: my completely completed stuff

gaming: 1850 mech blood axes list updated

fluff: what being blood axes is all about
--------------------
looting other races: tautechmarines (other site thread)

Agatheron

Agatheron

Blue Thunda Ace

• Nobz
  • 6,345 posts
For the first time in months I am now officially Green!!! :) Yay! I finished up the StuG G Assault Guns this afternoon. They're pretty much ready to paint up... but I am not sure if they're best to be doing some painting on. I'm still trying to decide what to do as far as my next project is concerned.
______Agatheron \_______

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
FINISHED! Finished painting and basing the FW Kommander/Warboss (Nosher's adjutant) tonight. I'm off to post pics!

- Nosher

popisdead

popisdead

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 553 posts
I finished mine. There is a photo of one on my plog here.

victorpofa

victorpofa

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Da Killy Karrs Speed Freeks
Color me green! I finished the converted Seekers last night. This also finishes my 1850 Chaos Daemons army. Now I need to get a game or three in with them. :thumbs :cheers

Build:
5 converted Burna Boyz - Done.
Fix up 5 old Trukks - Done.
Fix up three old Wartrakks - Done.

Paint:
6 Wyches - Done.
6 Seekers of Slaanesh - Done.
The Elder Party
Cthulhu/Nyrlathotep in '16
Why Settle For A Lesser Evil?

Big Mek GobSmasha

Big Mek GobSmasha

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 303 posts
  • Army Name:Da BLOOtoof Deffskullz
roight! Pictures are 'ere! These are slightly outdated btw as the dok's apron has been smoothed out. Squat: (pic is a lot less forgiving than RL) 100_3853.JPG BONUS! Dok: 100_3857.JPG Last view many of his patients/enemys will ever see: 100_3859.JPG Back: 100_3862.JPG now I'm off for the rest of the weekend! cheers 'smasha
QUOTE (Dim_Reapa @ Jul 21 2011, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steampunk Zombies with Power Fists. It brings a whole new meaning to the phrase “You are already dead”.

QUOTE (Boss Gobbstompa @ May 4 2011, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It's not that I have more boyz than you have Beakies, it's that I have more boyz than your Beakies have BULLETS!"

Master Mek GuzMek

Master Mek GuzMek

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
  • Location:Current Location: Unkown All Imperial Records Deleted
  • Army Name:Orks Of Da Engineerum
im FINISHED sorry about not posting WIP pictures it went completely out of my head anywayz ive finished my ghazghull so add me to the green list Guzmek
WAAAAGGGHHH Da Orks Of Da Engineerum

Elaric

Elaric

Big Gun Krew

• Boyz
  • 196 posts
Well I missed my threat. Got everything built, but ran out of time to get them painted short of a quick basecoat on the megamek. Didn't get any base texture on either, due to misplacing my basing pot until yesterday while clearing the garage. Still, I know what my April threat is going to be :)
Footsloggers Win/Draw/Loss 4/1/4

How does an Ork deal with engineering problems? More Rivets!
How does an Ork make a vehicle faster? Paint it Red!
How does an Ork test for mines? Send in the Grotz!
How does an Ork Deal with interpersonal issues? Choppas!
How does an Ork deal with the loss of a comrade? Laughter!
[DavicusPrime on MWG]

My monthly threat progress can be found here.