Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Desert orks - deffdread and killa kans

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Willypold

Willypold

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
  • Army Name:Ork Revolutionary Kommittee
First time I post anything here! Got my plastic dread and kans finished in January after having them in their boxes for way too long. I like the DAK colour scheme – Deutsche Afrika Korps – and use it for both the orks and the beakies.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And also repainted a couple of my old vehicles:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
Beautiful paint job, really love the Dred & Kans!
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

anythingbutaone

anythingbutaone

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 22 posts
Nice paint job, i like the subtle shading of the kans but orks using camouflage?! :rolleyes sounds a bit too Blood axey to me :bleep Just seems a bit too nice to be orky!
"I just wanted someone to call me sir without adding, Your causing a scene!"

Taytonclait

Taytonclait

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 288 posts
the paintjob on the kan and dread are excellent, a nice subtle colour job that really pops out all that detail. I am terrified to ask what the giant car-tower of death is classed as, and I like the trukk/tank as well.
Smash 'em, Bash em, Skin em alive!!

saintgeo23

saintgeo23

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 42 posts
  • Army Name:Bad moon - Bad guys
Awesome! How do you paint your DAK colour scheme?

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
  • Army Name:The Flesh Ripperz
Excellently painted and converted! :thumbs
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

Willypold

Willypold

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Thanks for the comments! Ok, here goes... Paint: I undercoat everything by spraying it with Army Painter Desert Yellow. This is followed by brushpainting the entire model with diluted Iyanden Darksun, and as soon as that is dry I cover the model with a generous layer of Devlan Mud. Final step is drybrushing using P3 Menoth White Base and Menoth White Highlight. Details are then painted using anything I feel is appropriate, and usually gets a wash using either Devlan Mud or one of the other washes. The exhausts are painted using successive layers of brown and black. The final step is adding choice splashes of Rust-All from Kudas Design Group. The bits of ruin on two of the bases are Hirst Arts Egyptian blocks. (Two of the kans are standing on a part of my Egyptian temple area used for HorrorClix Aliens vs. Predator games, or as part of a large outdoor setting for Space Hulk - I'm also building a 3D Space Hulk set using Hirst Arts molds.) The tower: Sometime ages ago I got started with a large Epic Ork army, but eventually got tired of trying to make it look good, at about the same time Gorkamorka was released... A lot of my builds for my Orks are based on Epic vehicles, combined with a story about my big mek and his scrap collecting adventures. This is supposed to be an Ork Weirdboy tower. The running gear is scratchbuilt using GW track parts. The middle part is a 1960 Triumph, but I don't remember the exact scale. The tower itself is scratchbuilt using Plasticard and Campbell Scale Models corrugated siding. The rockets on the side are German WWII, usually stuck on the sides of an SdKfz. The scorcha: The vehicle is a post-apo resin model from somewhere, with the original metal schorcha can on top, GW wheels and ram. The guntrukk: One of a number of Gorkamorka trukks, lengthened, with a second flatbed added up-side down, plus an old Predator turret. The story of my big mek: The other vehicles to support the big mek's ambitions, and being repainted, include a speedsta, based on a Polish armored car from the 20's, where I tried to copy the look of the Epic mek speedstas; a former 'umie Griffon with the gunbay emptied and replaced with a crane and the tools from the original Ork wartrukk; a scratchbuilt flatbed trailer hitched to another Gorkamorka trukk (the one that supplied the flatbed for the guntrukk, by the way...). As you know, any selfrespecting mek needs a set of fast wheels, in order to zoom around in the desert, looking for scrap, and a towtrukk to get the good stuff loaded onto the trukk'n'trailer rig in order to get it home to the workshop! I'll see what I can do about more pictures...

Willypold

Willypold

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
And as promised a few pictures of the vehicles mentioned above:

The mekboy towtrukk in the original colours, built and painted about 14-15 years ago. The base is a 'umie Griffon, with a Gorkamorka crane, the tools from the original Ork Battlewagon, and the side skirts from a Panzer IV:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The mekboy speedsta, also in the original colours and from the same period. The base is a Poilsh armoured car från the 1920's, with GW wheels, fenders from the Battlewagon, and 'umie rocket launchers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The trukk'n'trailer rig in the process of being repainted - the yellow paint and the Devlan Mud wash have been applied. The trukk is another Gorkamorka vehicle, while the trailer is scratchbuilt:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Most of the vehicles for my boyz were built about 12-15 years ago, and a select few are being repainted to go with the newer stuff.

Bloodsbane

Bloodsbane

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 101 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Nazdreg
Ahoy Willypold! I'm fairly sure the scorcha dune buggy is an old Void Junkers vehicle. I'm digging the mekboy speedsta, haven't seen that one before. You should snap some pics of your orcs with the space hulk board for backgrounds, give these guys something to really drool over :D

Willypold

Willypold

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Not the Junker vehicle, but the 10069 "Street Gang Buggy" - I googled Grendel... Thanks for the clue on the origins! I don't remember when I bought it, but it was a looong time ago! Space Orks on the Hulk layout? I don't have any pictures of that right away, only with Genestealers and beakies at the moment, but I think there should be some rules for Orks too. Time to make a search, so we can have an Okkupy the Hulk moment! Pictures in a day or two!

Bloodsbane

Bloodsbane

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 101 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Nazdreg
Aha, cool! That actually looks quite a lot better with the wheels switched out and a proppa paintjob. I might have to pick a few up if I can find them cheap enough :D

Da Skwire

Da Skwire

Oily Squig

• Boyz
  • 105 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Notlob Uruk Hai
Awesome konversions on the vehicles (tank-transporta!) and paint job on the Dredds and Kans. The Wird Boy Tower made me laugh out loud - an ideal Battle-wagon: just drive up to the walls of the enemy city and climb over! I'd love to see photos of your boyz if they're the same colour scheme and the same paint quality. :cheers Da Skwire
Big Mek to Warlord Notlob Uruk Hai - no Gargant too big, no blasta too small. Quotations offered, reasonable rates. Teef and PayPal accepted.

Willypold

Willypold

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Yes... the boys...

You'll have to excuse the incompleteness of these, as I've been swamped with work the past couple of months. There are some detail work to be done, like nails, eyes, more metal, some leather straps, and of course a little more rust, but here's to give you an impression of the main colours.

Posted Image

Posted Image

butcherbloke

butcherbloke

squig attack arm

• Goffz
  • 484 posts
  • Army Name:not to sure yet, tho my warboss is called Gutsnik Gobstuffa
Love your palette. Just the look I want to go for. Is the desert colour on the Boyz the same as the process you described for use on the vehicles?
Weez da biggist and krumpiest dere is!

Willypold

Willypold

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
Yes, it's the same process, with the addition of Knarloc Green > Devlan Mud > drybrushed Knarloc Green for the ork skin.

Tribun

Tribun

Slugga Boy

• Boyz
  • 346 posts
  • Army Name:Da rusty Dozen
Wot a unique colour-sheme! And I really like yar conversions! Please show us more! :)
DA GERMAN ANSWER TO WAAAGH!!!!

...pleaze exkuze my english...