Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Glue question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
Hello, I was hoping that someone could tell me what kind of glue is best for BFG conversion scale models. I’ve been using super glue, but man due to the scale it is difficult to avoid globs of sticky on da little pieces. Is there a thinner glue that works well that I could paint on with a small brush? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,478 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Note that there are many formulations of superglue these days. There are thinner ones and gels and everything in between. I would say you would have to try different formula/applicator combinations until you find one that works for you. Personally I still do model cement for plastic-plastic bonds and superglue for plastic-metal or metal-metal.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
He takes one large crooked finger and wipes the snot on it off on a grot assistants head. The Mek then Scratches his large dented head with the now cleaner finger “Hmmmmmmm gut idea”

Gorlock

Gorlock

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
  • Army Name:Grimjaw Maggotbones' Krumpers
for the small guns an such, I would put a lil glue on a paper plate or piece of cardboard, hold the gun with a pair of tweezers and dip into the glue. That way I could just wipe away any excess on the plate and put the piece in position
***END OF LINE***

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
Right on, ya, I’ve been dipping pieces into glue, placing them and then using a sharpened tooth pick to wipe off the excess glue once in place (taking off the excess glue prior to placing the parts, make me feel kinda stupid……… HOT TIP Thanks!). It seems to be working pretty good. Having never built anything at this scale, I worry a bit about how it is going to look when it is time for “DA Paint”. The good news is I’m having fun with “Da Builds”. Thanks for the advice, one piece at a time and soon “Da Fleet” will be screaming Waaaagghhhhhhhhhhh!

Gorlock

Gorlock

Hair Squig

• Grotz
  • 69 posts
  • Army Name:Grimjaw Maggotbones' Krumpers
Ya might be surprised how forgiving BFG ships are to paint. When I first bought the boxed set (many moons ago) the first ship I attempted to paint was an Imp cruiser.(Our Orks,sadly,arent represented) Some detail work on the prow, and the rest I just kind of dry brushed,(black primer,white dry brush) and it was totally table worthy. Very happy to see new people p;layin the game. Good Luck!!!
***END OF LINE***

pedrom

pedrom

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
To glue plastic part on another plastic part I use "plastic cement" (I´m not sure if the term is correct...) Glueing metal and plastic - acrylic superglue. To glue SMALL parts - use a wire: on the end put a little bit of glue (the drop is really small) and now put the glue from the wire to the correct place, it´s provide to you more control of the amount of glue placingon the target...

Gun_wun

Gun_wun

• Grotz
  • 24 posts
Right on, thank you for all the replies. I bought some GW thin super glue and I'm putting a drop down on the side and then using a tooth pick (going to try wire as suggested next) to mop up some glue and put parts in place. It's working pretty good. I've about got my first 6 Brute Rams ready for "Da Paint". Again I'm a little worried how they will look painted up, soon we shall see; and if it's not too bad so will you!