Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grot Rebel Motif

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Fenrir

Fenrir

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
  • Army Name:The Glorious Grot Rev'looshun
I'm working on a grot rebel force using Dread Mob rules.

Now I've gotten my first mega-dread on the way (pics to come soon in da garage) and I've hit a rather unique problem...

Grots don't have a motif! Every other klan has their own icon, and if it were orks I'd use a generic grinning ork motif, but these are grot rebels! They're not gonna go around with ork motifs on their vehicles. Dey be free of all dat now!

It being a heavily mechanised grot force, I jumped on paint and hammered out this as a vague outline:

Posted Image
(should have cropped...)

...but I'm not convinced. It's a little TOO similar to this well known symbol:

Posted Image

...and grots may be an unimaginative bunch, but I'd rather avoid confusion.
So, I'm looking for feedback and suggestions. Nothing I can't do with relative ease in plasticard, mind you!

Thank ye all :cheers

Dedruf

Dedruf

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Mur-Dokz Madboyz
In GorkaMorka, the rebel grits motif was a red star on a White background, try that, or something as simplistic.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,778 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Grots don't have a motif! Every other klan has their own icon, and if it were orks I'd use a generic grinning ork motif, but these are grot rebels! They're not gonna go around with ork motifs on their vehicles. Dey be free of all dat now!

As Dedruf said, the Rebel Grot motif is usually a Red Star. It's so widespread that the Red Star can be acquired for your Forum membership's group image (when your post count is significant enough), as you can see from looking under my avatar.

Also, I'd argue that Orks are an unimaginative bunch, but I wouldn't be so keen to make the same about Grots, seeing as many grots are merchants by trade. Getting teeth off Orks for the kind of fair they'd have on offer suggests a rather significant abundance of imagination.

Fenrir

Fenrir

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 4 posts
  • Army Name:The Glorious Grot Rev'looshun
Hehe, you may have a point there. Thanks to you both, I'll probably go for some sort of stylised star to keep in with tradition :cheers