Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warkopta WIP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

DakkaSnikt

DakkaSnikt

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
  • Army Name:Grimdakka and the yella shurtz
So I'm mostly a lurker here on The-Waaagh, quietly plugging away at a model here and there when the MekBug strikes me. I usually spend my time looking for Rulez clarifications and oggling other mek's kustom jobz for inspiration. Well I have recently acquired the Imperial Armor Apocalypse: Second Edition, and my eyes keep getting drawn back to the WarKopta. I can't help but love them. My boys always kinda jealous of how fast all the dark panzees have been zipping around the table here lately. So I decided I was going to smash one of these bad boys together.

Without further ado, here's what I have so far. Comments and Criticisms appreciated!

p.s.: sorry for the large picture size. Pics were taken from my phone.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Dreadsock, apply directly to the forehead!

DakkaSnikt

DakkaSnikt

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
I'll probably being picking this project back up this Thursday during my three day Weekend. Hope to make a lot more head way and really impress my fellow meks!

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
Bit early to say but I am starting to get a thunderhawk vibe from it. Or maybe a beefed up Huey on steroids. Keen to see where this goes.

Fox Box

Fox Box

Grot Orderly

• Boyz
  • 181 posts
I watch with eager anticipation. I'd like to make my own Orky helicopter when time allows.
Fox Box

UK purveyors of the finest in greenskin bitz.

Badfang Brassaxe

Badfang Brassaxe

Steel Teef

• Boyz
  • 695 posts
  • Army Name:Da Perfeshunelz
It's the boarding ramps that've got my attention, I luv the idea of it bouncing a Thunderhawk and BOARDING IT :dakka :dakka

DakkaSnikt

DakkaSnikt

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 152 posts
Woo, sorry 'bout that delay lads. Must've been some problems traversin' the warp 'n all that.

Anyway, I did a little bit of minor work including door gunners and closing it up a smidge. Still needs plates, some zoggin' huge exhausts and some deffkopta like blades on them big ol' rotors. She's a little on the big side, but I think if I measure to and from the actual hull it shouldn't be too bad. The hull is a stretch trukk size and the other one I'm plannin' will be more Valkyrie like

Whatchoo boys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

mastergeebo

mastergeebo

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 33 posts
  • Army Name:don't have one yet
I love the tail rotors, they are very orky. :biggrin

RichardBranson

RichardBranson

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Yngwie's Bling Orkestra
Ditto on mastergeebo's remarks on the tail rotors. A very convincing model and really nice use of bitz. What is most convincing to me is the slight droop at the ends of the main rotor blades - can't wait to see the work on the blades!

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
The tail rotors are stupidly dangerous which = appropriately Orky. :love The way it is kinda pieced together though without a solid sk-eleton, I wonder if it would be a little fragile?

Drake1202

Drake1202

Gob Squig

• Grotz
  • 65 posts
  • Army Name:Fel Orks
This looks great! I wish I had that kind of ingenuity. I can't wait for more pictures!