Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Give Up! Gorka ..... Morka Please Help

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
  • Army Name:Wazzaaaaa
Hello all Once again I am here to implore your help and knowledge. I have been collecting GorkaMorka since 1997 and when I thought I had everything a figure picture appeared online. Some said it was a prototype and some say it was produce and distributed in Europe. Please Obi-Wan ...... oops I mean Please GoMo fans you are my only hope. I am posting the picture and I want to thank everyone in advance.

Attached Files

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,938 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
It's somewhat plausible, as it resembles some of the rather early wave GoMo Boyz. I managed to acquire this picture from the back of UKWD 217, which shows the first two Boyz with Kannons released for the game.

Posted Image

I have a gap in my collection of WDs 209-216, and 218. So if anyone out there has any of the WDs from when GoMo was released (which I believe first featured in WD214), check the back where the mail order metals were, and see if there are any pictures matching Jorvani's picture. They were sold in 3s, so it might be plausible that there might have been a 3rd or 4th variant.

TBH your picture looks remarkably similar to Kannon 1, rather disturbingly so. I'd be wary someone hasn't slightly altered it and recast it to sell it as a rarer model.

That said, it's still possible, but this is the best I can do to help. My White Dwarf collection is not ideal for the GoMo release period, sadly.

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Here is the link to the page where I found the picture.

http://www.collectin...ollectors_Guide

I looked on all my WD issues and could not find it. Even on the rulebooks for pictures of the figures. There was another website at one time that showed prototypes and never produced models, but can't find it anymore. I have seen models called prototypes but then I find them in stores.

BTW thanks Dim_Reapa for the ideas and motivation to look further.

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,938 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Well I'd personally buy the idea of Kannon 3 and 4 then. I'm certainly not surprised. A lot of the GoMo range has models that have virtually identical clothing and poses, but often heads and weapons variate slightly. I think this somewhat lazy practice was in force throughout the range to speed up releases and production times. I personally think the best bet for finding a picture of this miniature is getting one's hands on UKWD218. If the first two Kannons were listed there, the other two might likely be in the next one. Another good possibility is to check the Citadel Miniatures "Legends" Catalogue range. Fairly sure there was an Ork one back in the day.

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
I pulled all my WD issues and articles I had in a CD from websites back then and nothing. The more I look at it the more I believe it was unreleased since it looks like nobody owns the figure. The GorkaMorka section on Legends is not updated :( I am keeping the picture with the other 2 unreleased I have seen and call my collection complete for now. If anyone have the figure post a pic or anything on them. Thanks a lot again for the help and encouragement.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 435 posts
Clayton just linked me to this unreleased GoMo mini. It's not the one you were after but you may be missing it regardless. Shame about the price.

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
Thanks a lot Flamekebab. I was tempted to buy it but for some reason I do not have the heart for it. It just do not feel to GoMo imo.

Jorvanni

Jorvanni

Squighound

• Boyz
  • 111 posts
After almost giving up and looking at the model as an unreleased, Gorka and Morka listened to me.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1497.l2649

So I am a happy morker now. Thanks for the help I got earlier. You guys are great