Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Spider theamed army

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tekik

Tekik

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:N/A
I am pretty much finished with buying and painting my warriors of chaos army and am now looking for the next thing. (WoC is still going to be my primary army I just enjoy painting and modeling alot so I need something to work on) I adore all of the spiders that are in this army but I want to know if a list based around these guys would work. I have read on the forum that the spider riders are pretty good but I would want to field upwards of 30 of them (units of 10) to be the majority of my core with a big block or two of foot goblins for static res blocks. I haven't had a chance to look through the book so I dont know if this is a bad idea or not. Also is the goblin lord on giant spider bad? I wouldn't have a problem fielding 1 unit of orcs for the lvl 4 shaman people seem to suggest is necessary. Finally is the aracknarok any good? I dont know their rules or points cost but is there any way you could put 2 in a list without it sucking? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Kezef

Kezef

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
This is the kind of army I'm thinking of building so I would also be keen to hear views on the viability of arachnarok.

IronShark

IronShark

Dreadsock Enforcer

• Nobz
  • 4,353 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAGH Morgrim!
The Arachnorok is a pretty respectable monster. Overall, I'd say he's pretty much 'balanced;' not over the top but worth his points. A solid number of attacks, lots of wounds, and the 4+ save can really help out in certain situations. One of the best things about him though is that he's pretty much the fastest non-flying monster in the game with M7 and Swiftstride, and the ability to move over buildings can be really useful. They're just under 300pts each, so you can have two in 2400pts or higher games. Spider riders are a little iffier. They're definitely useful as a support unit, but I don't think they quite hack it as a main battle line unit. I wouldn't put a Lord on a gigantic spider, but it's not a bad choice for Heroes. Keeps the model fairly cheap, but still usefull.
Being a winner is easy if your definition of victory is flexible enough.

ArchFiendofDezdemon

ArchFiendofDezdemon

Grot Slave

• Boyz
  • 144 posts
  • Army Name:Warhorde of the Archfiend of Desdemon
well on a modeling aspect, an all spider army is very much viable. a buddy of mine has built up a large unit of Squig hoppers out of small halloween decoration spiders and made some forest goblins on foot as herders. there are plenty of ideas like that that can be done to tie the army together. Spare spider web catapults used as stone throwers and the like.
"Da quiet ones made of metal. I fink dey are too easy to break. Da big ship was all shiney on the inside but no loot to take from it. Da Nekronz as da 'oomies call dem. Da boyz made easy work of dat Tombship as it was called."