Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New fantasy orc monster!!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Big Mek Irongob

Big Mek Irongob

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 116 posts
  • Army Name:Da iron tide
Heres the pics/ rules for that new orc/goblins monster, in case some of you havnt seen it yet

http://www.forgeworl...ROGUE_IDOL.html

Besides the pink foam, is their any kind of "rock models" that can be used as the body? i think their mat be some GW scenery sets with extra rocks in it, or hobby plastic rocks hoping to get some input

Sproston Green

Sproston Green

VeryMetal Plunderer

• Nobz
  • 6,093 posts
  • Army Name:Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer and Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot-in-est Free Booterz dat eva Free Booted!
I was quite impressed with this fellow when I saw it for the first time. He has a nice lumbering and violent air to him. :yes If you wanted more rock options, you may want to expriement with different putties and such. I know there a variety mentioned throughout the-waaagh. :yes
Col. Vyvyan Gitsplitta da Uber Plunderer 'n Da Very Metal Boyz: Da Free Boot'n'est Free Booterz dat eva Free Boot'd!!!
WYSIWYG, AYASNY!!!
"Is viable worth it?"

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts
this thing is a joke !

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,049 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGGGHHHH! O'da Red Orks!
Why is it a joke? I think it looks pretty badass! XD As for rocks, I think your stuck using foam for the big stuff, but you could always use greenstuff for the little jobs ;) or whichever putty your comfortable with! :D
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Rules are AFU'ed

" At the start of any turn that a Rogue Idol is not able to charge or is not already in combat, its player must roll a D6. On a roll of a 1 it must charge a friendly unit if one is available to charge (and a single round of combat is fought as normal) or if no friendly units are available the Rogue Idol bellows and stomps, but otherwise may do nothing this turn. "

So on turn one, if there is no enemy within charge range you have 400pts doing nothing, not even moving.

If your opponent knows this he places a squad of cheap archers just outside charge range and shoots its pebbles off.

Only way out is to move one of your units infront as a 'stepping stone' and hope you roll a one.

Like the model tho'.
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts

Why is it a joke? I think it looks pretty badass! XD

As for rocks, I think your stuck using foam for the big stuff, but you could always use greenstuff for the little jobs ;) or whichever putty your comfortable with! :D

its a bunch of stones and putty for 65 quid
thats the joke......

i dont get why anybody seems to be ok with them selling stuff like this for that amount of money !
if anybody wants to spend this money they can gove it to me or another guy on this forum and will get a better beuildt that this crappy thing

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz

Besides the pink foam, is their any kind of "rock models" that can be used as the body? i think their mat be some GW scenery sets with extra rocks in it, or hobby plastic rocks hoping to get some input

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=32740
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

mr_maxime

mr_maxime

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 907 posts

its a bunch of stones and putty for 65 quid
thats the joke......

i dont get why anybody seems to be ok with them selling stuff like this for that amount of money !
if anybody wants to spend this money they can gove it to me or another guy on this forum and will get a better beuildt that this crappy thing

I completely agree. For the amount of detail it is quite overpriced by FW standard.

That being said though, I would love to see someone convert one as a deff dread for snakebites.

I'm right, and nothing ever annoys me more. - Dim

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?

That being said though, I would love to see someone convert one as a deff dread for snakebites.

And in one simple comment the whole snakebites are underpowered problem is solved :thumbs
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Kr00zA

Kr00zA

Grumpy ole Git

• Goffz
  • 9,957 posts
  • Army Name:Big Berk'z Bashaz
Baring in mind I reckon I could build something equally good from Milliput in around 8 - 10 hours I would say 65 for a cast is very steep. Thats not to say I don't like the model as it looks great.
Nuf Said.

Avatarz by KroozA and Animated Avatarz by KroozA ... Please dont link directly to them. Save one and upload it to the forum.

mr_maxime

mr_maxime

'Ard Boy

• Freebooterz
  • 907 posts

Baring in mind I reckon I could build something equally good from Milliput in around 8 - 10 hours I would say 65 for a cast is very steep.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I would expect to pay around that for something that is not cast. Id also expect it to come with a few more options, it looks like its missing something.

I'm right, and nothing ever annoys me more. - Dim

The Nurge

The Nurge

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts

Rules are AFU'ed

" At the start of any turn that a Rogue Idol is not able to charge or is not already in combat, its player must roll a D6. On a roll of a ‘1’ it must charge a friendly unit if one is available to charge (and a single round of combat is fought as normal) or if no friendly units are available the Rogue Idol bellows and stomps, but otherwise may do nothing this turn. "

So on turn one, if there is no enemy within charge range you have 400pts doing nothing, not even moving.

If your opponent knows this he places a squad of cheap archers just outside charge range and shoots its pebbles off.

Only way out is to move one of your units infront as a 'stepping stone' and hope you roll a one.

Like the model tho'.

Pretty sure you're not understanding this right...

If no enemies are in range, roll a dice. On a 1: you must charge a friendly unit, or do nothing if you cannot charge one. On a 2-6: you may move as normal. Everything after "on the roll of a 1" in the rule you state only applies when you actually roll a 1 (that's why there's no period in the middle of that really long sentence...)

It's not too bad.

KILLBOT

KILLBOT

Paint Squig

• Boyz
  • 100 posts
I think model railroad guys also use chunks of redwood bark. You may find it at a gardening shop. The bark has a very nice rock look to it...