Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My new army - Where do I go from here?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

troondskap

troondskap

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
Hi. After playing Dwarfs for a while, I felt the need of a new challenge. So I bought an unpainted army on ebay. I think I will need to supplement this army a bit. So to all you orc veterans out there. What kind of troops should I buy to make a lean and mean army, that can take the fight out of WoC, DE and VC (mostly). This is what I got: 4 x Orc Warbosses on Boars 1 x Orc Warboss on Foot 1 x Orc Warboss with Battle Standard 1 x Orc Shaman 2 x Goblin Warboss 24 x Black Orcs 1 x Giant 4 x Orc Boar Boys (old metal ones, still in box) 4 x Trolls (one is missing a head) 9 x Goblin fanatics 2 x Goblin Doom Diver 1 x Goblin Spear Chukka 3 x Orc Boar Chariots 6 x Squig Riders 29 x Goblin Spider Riders 20 x Goblin Wolf riders 53 x Orc Boys with various hand weapons/Spears standards/musicians/champions 140 x Gobins with spears/hand weapons - standards/musicians/champions 55 x Goblin Archers 18x Orc Arrer Boyz 2x Snotling Pump Wagon Please let me hear your comments!!!

troondskap

troondskap

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
165 pts 1 x Orc Great Shaman 92 pts 1 x Black Orc Big Boss Equipment 2 ptsShield 85 pts 1 x Night Goblin Shaman Equipment 35 ptsLevel 2 Wizard 90 pts 1 x Black Orc Big Boss 240 pts 15 x Forest Goblin Spider Riders Group Options 10 ptsChampion 10 ptsMusician 10 ptsStandard Bearer Equipment 15 ptsShort Bow 290 pts 55 x Night Goblins Group Options 10 ptsChampion 10 ptsMusician 10 ptsStandard Bearer 25 ptsFanatics 2 25 ptsFanatics 1 45 ptsNetters Equipment 0 ptsSpear 125 pts 30 x Night Goblins Group Options 25 ptsFanatics 2 10 ptsMusician 210 pts 25 x Orc Boyz Group Options 10 ptsMusician 10 ptsStandard Bearer 15 ptsChampion Equipment 25 ptsShield 85 pts 1 x Orc Boar Chariot 35 pts 1 x Goblin Spear Chukka 140 pts 4 x Trolls 295 pts 20 x Black Orcs Group Options 15 ptsChampion 10 ptsMusician 10 ptsStandard Bearer Equipment 20 ptsShield 135 pts 5 x Orc Boar Boyz Group Options 15 ptsChampion 10 ptsMusician 10 ptsStandard Bearer Equipment 10 ptsShield 10 ptsSpear 75 pts 1 x Snotling Pump Wagon Equipment 15 ptsSpiky Roller 15 ptsGiant Exploadin' Spores 80 pts 1 x Doom Diver Catapult 80 pts 1 x Doom Diver Catapult 45 pts 1 x Snotling Pump Wagon 65 pts 1 x Mangler Squigs I will add som magic items etc, for the characters. But this is the basic list.

troondskap

troondskap

• Grotz
  • 3 posts
I tried this list on ETC comp rules, and LOS rules. VS an well tuned WoC army. And it was a close++ victory for him. I have to do something with the following: 240 pts 15 x Forest Goblin Spider Riders With full command, is a total waste of points. Next time I will use the wolfrides, they are 2 points cheaper, and I will deploy them as 2x5 units. And fully focus on them as fast cav, and not a fighting unit. Only as charge baiters, blocker etc. As I was hit every round with pandemonium, and since the dices was jinxed, I suffered hard since I could not use the leaders LD. This made the trolls to never face any combat, since they failed every stupidity test. Som a mental note here, is to place a charachter(hero) in the unit. Orc Chariot. - Will not use this the next time. Will swap it with a mangler squig. To much points for this unit. I will also look into(maybe convert) the chariots to goblin chariots, since these are cheaper, and has unit size up to 3. Snotling Pump Wagon. Was hard to play this. I need to figure out som tactics, to make sure I will get the charge. It`s useless when charged (by chaos knights). Goblin Spear Chukka. Never made a hit. Low BS, combined with long range and other penealties, I will continue to use it for a while and see how it plays over a couple of matches. Comments are very much welcome!!