Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

where do i get plasticard

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

theorkmarine

theorkmarine

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
  • Army Name:da speed skulz
i have looked every where, without prevail. i need to find a hobby store in the area of brisbane that stocks plasticard of all shapes and sizes. all the internet sites i've been to have horrendous postage costs or just dont stock what i need. HELP ME (i know this has been asked before but i've never seen any australian stores that stock this elusive card)
big or small we'ze kill 'em all

So after sitting looking at a pile of bitz and breathing the glue fumes Gork, or was it Mork? Spoke to me and a vision formed in my mind. - ThorVald

STOMP, STOMP, STOMP!!!

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Have you read this forum from WargamersAU?

second shop listed -
Irresistable Force: Gaming store based in Brisbane. Also have an online store. Wide range of products, including an extensive scenery and terrain selection.
Retail Store: Shop A,
147 Bryants Rd
Shailer Park 4128
Open: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, (10am-5pm);
Thursday (10am - 9:30pm);
Friday (10am - 10pm)
Saturday (10am - 4pm)
http://www.irresistibleforce.com.au

http://www.irresisti...astics,206.aspx
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

theorkmarine

theorkmarine

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
thank you very much

So after sitting looking at a pile of bitz and breathing the glue fumes Gork, or was it Mork? Spoke to me and a vision formed in my mind. - ThorVald

STOMP, STOMP, STOMP!!!

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
Hobbyrama in Stafford (north side) http://www.hobbyrama.com.au/
Hobby One in Wishart (south side) http://www.hobbyone.com.au/

My GoogleFu is strong today

Now get out there and start slapping stuff together. :whip

We want to see models, loadsa models, da bigga da betta.
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Gulag

Gulag

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
The best place for sheet Plasticard is: Mulford Plastics: Unit 5, 65 Balham Road Archerfield QLD 4108, Australia Phone: +61 7 3717 4700 Ask for High Impact PolyStyrene and it costs about $10 for a sheet 0.5mm x 1220x2400. Unfortunately they don't have shapes.

theorkmarine

theorkmarine

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
thanks very much ladz :biggrin

STOMP, STOMP, STOMP!!!

Drakon7

Drakon7

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,049 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGGGHHHH! O'da Red Orks!
I don't know what sort you have in Australia, but here in Canada, I get mine at the local hobby store(For none warhammer models, cars, planes and such). But I've also heard, and seen, people use 'for sale' signs and the like. So its easier to find then you think! :D
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,775 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
Don't forget about alternatives free. Laquered cardboard boxes, "junk" plastics etc. They also come with different patterns.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

theorkmarine

theorkmarine

Bag Squig

• Boyz
  • 102 posts
i've ordered a load of p-card from warpuppy, it arrived within 2 days of ordering (during road closures due to flooding!! :thumbs ). Drakon7: no hobby shop near me stocks plasticard :crybaby , asking at the desk just earns me "what? :? " looks. 2ml (0.060 inches) thick is a bit tough to cut with a hobby knife, any tips? what i "slapped together" Attached File  photo__6_.JPG   233.56KB   4 downloads (naah just the belly)

STOMP, STOMP, STOMP!!!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,828 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
remember you don't have to cut it in one go - you'll end up pressing too hard, slipping and hurting yourself :nono for straight lines most people make one or two scores with the knife then snap the card, then clean up the edges. just remember many gentle (ish) cuts is safer and more reliable than one heavy-handed mistake.

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Killbless

Killbless

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 334 posts
  • Army Name:Groznobz Waaagh!!
On the topic of where to get it, I wouldn't recommend Hobby one. While they stock lots of other cool stuff, their Plasti-card range is very small and quite expensive. Thnaks for the other plasces though, I have had some difficulty finding Plasti-card in the Brisbane area myself :cheers
"Natural progression I guess; Wartrakktor, Wartrukk, Battlewagon..." - Thoume on the evolution of Ork vehicles

'It is considered a great breach of protocol to open fire upon a challenger in a race such as this, though truth be told Orks have never cared that much about protocol' - Ork Codex

"In the end the towing stompa literally bristles with weaponry from across the galaxy. Sometimes the gunz are even pointing in the right direction!" - Imperial Armour 8 on Deff Arsenals

Shadey

Shadey

telescoping arm

• Boyz
  • 505 posts
  • Army Name:Da Firm
In the interwebz age I get mine from http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/ Very good prices, especially at the moment. I got free postage by ordering a bunch of their own brand of products which may or may not be an option for you.

I live in the Wide Bay region north of the Sunshine Coast, north of Brisbane.