Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Upcoming BB tourny for noob player!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Madhakk

Madhakk

Attack Squig

• Boyz
  • 114 posts
Well, as the title says, my local gameing club is organising a Bloodbowl league and I thought it would be fun to participate. Thing is I have never played the popular fantasy football game before... :sowhat Luckely I'm a big 40k Orks collector and player so I had "some" models lying around and I had already made myself a team last year wich comes in handy now!!! It cosists of the following models: -1 thrower -4 blitzers -4 black orcs -4 linemen -1 troll I will try to make a good team using these models at hand, the league starts in februari so not much time to make a lot of additional models. I read through some BB forums about team variations and concluded they are a plenty but with my lack of experience it's hard to judge the good, the bad and the worse! :bleep So this is what I've got for now: 1 thrower 4 Black orcs 3 Blitzers 2 linemen 1 Goblin 3 re-rolls 5 FF This would mean making one goblin wich I can handle. We are playing ruleset 5 and that is as far as my BB intelligence reaches! I thought about swapping the Black Orc and Blitzer amounts, or cutting the gobbo for another lineman and FF 4. My main reason for playing is to have fun and learn the game! If I can win an occasional match, fine...but if I can have multiple amusing evenings playing BB without winning that's fine too! There will be some experienced players in the league so Championship is not an option! Any thoughts, suggestions or comments?

Ryan

Ryan

Growler (pet squig)

• Grotz
  • 90 posts
just starting to get back into bloodbowl myself, few coments since i normally play orc (or norse) i looked at ur team and thought thats good, ff of 5 is kinda pointless i tend not to put any money into it maybe upgrade a lineman to blitzer?, after thats sorted it looks good, depends what team ur playin against for tactics, but try wearing the opposition down, remember to always push out of bounds, and just play the odds, good luck mate, if ur wanting any further advice drop me a message :thumbs

Total AnOrky

Total AnOrky

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 624 posts
  • Army Name:AnOrkysts
I would love to hear how your league worked out. I think that BB is about the best game out there. Of course I play 40k more but BB would be the one game I would keep if there were enough competitors and there could only be one. My thought would have been to go with less FF and dump the goblin for another Blitzer. With the durability of the Orks you should have found that if you could let them score fast in the 1st half and then take the ball bash on them score. Get the ball back in the second half now hopefully outnumber your opponent and then score again slowly. I have found that against Skaven and Wood Elves I would just let them score as fast as possible unless I already had the lead. Let them score and then let me pound on them for 5 turns hopefully injuring or knocking out as many as I could. Well let's hear how your team did and if your experience and mine were about the same.