Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BAD MOON BOY updated jan 21/better pics

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nitro

Nitro

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
This is a finished bad moon boy for my army. His eyes are white with a black pupil it just did not show up in the pic(camera phone). And he has 3 gold teeth which came up a little odd looking in pic. I still need to base and am looking for some suggestions.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0386.JPG
  • IMG_0387.JPG
  • IMG_0388.JPG
  • IMG_0390.JPG
  • IMG_0391.JPG

JakubMB

JakubMB

squig attack arm

• Bad Moonz
  • 480 posts
  • Army Name:Nobbog's Fury
It might be the photo, but isn't he a bit too dark for a Bad Moon? I mean Yella is our colour so It should be more visible (maybe less if you're making commandos). I don't mean they should be painted yellow all over the bodies. No, taht only looks good on MegaNobs and some Vehicles. But give him a shoulderpad and paint it yella. He's a Bad Moon after all! And Bad Moonz a zoggin' show-offs!
Nobbog's Bad Moon Fury

WAAAGH!!!

iEatGrots

iEatGrots

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squigz uv Gork
Do you highlight the black parts? It's really neglected but it pops. Might be on the lighting but, that metal is too clean! Even for a bad moon! Devlan it up. :cheers
Da Squigz uv Gork (1000 points) 15/4/7
Oi! Did yer see that? Them uvver greenskins is askin' fer trouble! Pullin' faces, shoutin' rude insults, hurlin' dung! They deserve a good bashin'!

My Warboss single-handedly krumped a Carnifex!
"Ooo, that 'fing looks big and killy. Let's see how 'ard it really iz!"

Korps

Korps

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! Buzzklaw
I like the skin scheme and the yellow colour you use as well. Try putting some blood on the choppa to make it look like it is in the heat of battle

Nazbag

Nazbag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 538 posts
  • Army Name:Nazbags New Boyz
With all due respect to Korps I think blood usually looks naff, very few people can pull it off well and even when they do it makes me cringe. I have to agree it is too dark for a Bad Moon. Bad Moons are all about ostentation and showing off, the yellow should be bright and fairly clean (bad moons own lots of grots to clean up after them) with lots of it, this should be set of with black flam and dag designs, bad moons can also use checks if they so wish. For bad moons try a white primer, or if you still want some shading in darker areas go for a grey primer.

For  Laser Cut Terrain, Bases and accessories go toWar Games Tournaments

Trogdar

Trogdar

Grot Oiler

• Boyz
  • 168 posts
  • Army Name:Badmoons
1. When you post a pic, it helps if the background is solid and doesn't make parts of the model disappear. 2. It looks like you washed the yellow with out re-highlighting it. Nazbag is right about the colour, but a little dirt don't hurt. Just go back over it with a brighter yellow or add some white to the last yellow you used. The yellow in my opinion does not have to be too bright though. When I started I despised 40k, but I loved the ork models. So I went bad moons to be obnoxious. The now discontinued bad moon yellow is way too bright in my opinion. I personally use a far more muted palette and no one has told me it wasn't yellow enough. 3. Nazbag is 100% correct about blood. It looks terrible in most cases. If anything you can leave a little blood staining near bolts, rivets, and other hard to clean places. But this would be old dried blood and really look more like rust and dirt than fresh blood from battle. 4. In my experience the primer doesn't really matter. I don't like white, because then i have to paint every single part of the model. Taupset Ocre, Iandyn Darksun, and certain browns make great foundations for yellow. The trick is really to paint many layers. 5. Devlan=dirt badab=metal. If you want your weapons to stay clean looking use badab black, then re highlight with chainmail or whatever metal you have. 6. Highlight the black parts with a mix of codex grey and black. straight codex grey after that if you want,but be careful. You want it black not grey. 7. There are plenty of discussions on skin-so I will skip that. None of this is meant as criticism for what you have done. Just my advice if you want to go for the extra steps.

Nitro

Nitro

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
The pic looks really bad strong criticism.... Its from a camera phone. The black needs to be highlighted i know but i just started painting orks and never had to highlight black and am working on that. And where are you seeing blood? There is no red on my model and or blood. Also the yellow is dirty but came in much darker on my camera phone. Personally i dont like the bright yellow to me it seems funny.

Nitro

Nitro

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
Heres another boy and i know i need to highlight the black still.

Attached Thumbnails

• mybadmoonboy.JPG
  • myorkskin.JPG

Kleiner Zorn

Kleiner Zorn

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,147 posts

Heres another boy and i know i need to highlight the black still.

you know that those painted things are eyelids right ?
hehehe now he looks like a frog :D

Nitro

Nitro

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 15 posts
yeah i know i tried to do them white with a black pupil but im prolly going to just stick to red eyes.