Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ORKfest 8

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
  • Army Name:Hakbash's Goff tribe, da Iron Gobs
Datz roight ya zoggers ole Hakbash aint dead yet an da end of da world aint til December so you noze wot dat means.
:choppa
Another Orkfest is on the horizon, as soon as the weather breaks and spring time arrives I'm going to run the next chapter of Orky goodness and skumgrod krumpin.

Looks like April or early May will be the time.

We got a new store location in Hamilton New Jersey, check the Gamers Realm website for new address and phone numbers, it is just about the same size as the old store so the table set up should be pretty much the same.
There is a chance we might run it in an empty store in the strip mall, if that pans out we will have alot more room.

http://www.gamersrealm.com/

WAAAGH! da ORKFESTS
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
  • Army Name:Nosherz Ladz
I'm going to do my level best to get to this one. First week of April is Spring Break, but I already have vacation plans with my girlfriend. Monday, May 28th is Memorial Day - maybe that'd make a good long-weekend to have an event?
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

You know Nosher's MO, anything he paints blue is automatically his.

- Nosher

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
  • Army Name:Da Grey Goffz
If it was later in May I could come. As ol Rabtar will be leaving his current employer the first week of May. Krump em good and propper fer me boss.
"Violence is not the answer ... but its a DAMN good start."
Unknown
"I AM A SEXY SHOELESS GOD OF WAR!!"
Belkar Bitterleaf
"I represent angry gun toting meat eating f--king people!"
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,476 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
Dis might be da Mad Grot's swan song... I hope it lands on a weekend I can be at.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Blackskull

Blackskull

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:Blackskull'z Deathskullz
Made it to one about two years and hope to make it to this one :cheers

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
Any word on a date, Hakbash? Damn lazy Goffs, always wandering off.....
So - whenever dem doks finish staplin' yer arms back on Haky, why don't you an yer boyz come down fer a visit. We'll 'av a few squigaritas, throw a few grots around an' discuss who dis 'ere choppa really belongs to...

These Waaaghs are a cross between a mass migration, holy crusade, looting party and pub crawl, with a bit of genocide thrown in for good measure.

- Nosher

Jerseyboy381

Jerseyboy381

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dethwok Klan
The General shall return with my greenskin horde. Slight change of plans...due to me winning an awesome scratch-built Chaos Warhound Titan I will be back with my CSM, but I'm still looking for a good fight and hey...Nurgle is green too (the Titan is Khorne, but the rest of my stuff is Nurgle...still I have a titan!). Looking forward to another good fight.

Mugruk

Mugruk

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 320 posts
  • Army Name:Mugruk Skullbasha's Waaagh
Hmmm.... As long as Mrs Mugruk is ok with it, I'd like to make this event hakbash. I can bring around 6000 points of footsloggin Goffs. I'll know better when the date is finalized.

laughterofgods

laughterofgods

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 917 posts
At the risk of threadomancy, did I miss a different post with the announcement about date and whatnot for this event?

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
Oi ladz, the date for ORKFEST 8 is July 27th at the gamers realm. http://www.gamersrealm.com/
I'm passing the reins to another git so I can enjoy playing and not running the event.

As I get more info I'll post it here.

WAAAGH! da ORKFESTS
"If yer aint green, black wearin, check luvin, ded ard, smack talkin, PK hackin, choppa swingin, killa kan stompin, slug pistol shootin, skar covered, grot kickin, dread bashin, skumgrod krumpin, close combat machines den yer aint proppa." - Hakbash

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Jerseyboy381

Jerseyboy381

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 30 posts
  • Army Name:Da Dethwok Klan
You know that's a Friday, right?

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
WAAAGH!!! Rabtar kan come ta Orkfest!! (with Lil'Krooza :thumbs )
Unknown
Belkar Bitterleaf
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16

Scarpia

Scarpia

No Gud Lootin' Git!

• Deathskullz
  • 5,708 posts
  • Army Name:Warboss Bobz Killa Konvitkz
July 27? I might even be able to make that.... :thumbs
meh.

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
Then it is the 28th on Saturday. WAAAGH! da date correction

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Nosher

Nosher

Stikky Fingas

• Nobz
  • 2,802 posts
I've put the date in my calendar Hak, and will make the trip up up there. Would be awesome if you could make the trip Scarp! I look forward to seeing/meeting Waaagh! members at ORKFest!! ps - There's no way I'll have my Deff Arsenal tank built by then - too many unresolved build ideas, too many other projects to finish. Maybe next time!

- Nosher

Blackskull

Blackskull

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:Blackskull'z Deathskullz
Will this be with 5th or 6th Rev Rules???? Might have to buy the Book before the new Box Set!?

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
I'm going to figure it will be 5th edition apoc rules and not 6th but I'm not running the show so I cant really tell you for certain. Once I get more info I'll let you zoggers know. :cheers WAAAGH! da orkfests

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

hakbash

hakbash

WAAAGH da...

• Nobz
  • 6,327 posts
This is what I have been given for Orkfest rules and such. I will say it again in case you zoggers weren't listenin "I aint runnin it this time...so stop askin me questions." :choppa Orkfest Apocalypse Game Board Setup: Scarce Terrain on each board (think 4 to 5 pieces per table) NO Terrain in No Man's Land 2 Objectives per table set up in No Man's Land Turns will be 45 minutes (The generals on both sides will have to call when the movement phase is done, when the shooting phase is done, and when the assault phase is done) We would prefer it if tables did not move ahead of phases in order to "speed up" the game. The problem is when people on other tables want to do some long range shooting at your guys and you already moved into assault. When time is called for the turn finish any ongoing combats in which dice had been rolled already. Do not start any new dice rolling for new combats or new units making shooting moves. Army Limits: There will be no point limit, Bring what you can reasonably play in a game turn. Remember if you don't have time to shoot it then it doesn't shoot and if you don't role for combat then the assault is counted as a draw regardless of any combat benefits like banners adding +1 to your side for determining the winning side and other similar benefits. If you want to use Apocalypse Data Sheets not in the Apocalypse Rulebook use must bring it yourself. 1 Super Heavy per person. NO EXCEPTIONS 1 Gargaunt Creature per person. NO EXCEPTIONS Armies are WYSIWYG. Models must be fully assembled to be used. Painting is optional but preferred. Player are limited to one of each strategic assest per team All other strategic assets awarded because of a data sheet are allowed. Apocalypse Errata: -Kustom Force Fields do not provide cover to gargantuan creatures, and do not obscure super heavy vehicles unless specfically stated in a datasheet. -Abilities that remove models from play such as Lukas the trickster's Last Laugh will inflict D3 wounds on gargantuan creatures instead. -Army specific benefits only help your own units and only units from the same codex. EX) Sanguinary priests only provide feel no pain to your units from Codex: Blood Angels -Entropic strike only affects super-heavy vehicles on a 6+ rather than the normal 4+. -Abilities that have table wide effects such as but not limited to Runes of Warding, and Lord of the Storm are limited to the table the model is on. -Purifier squads using Cleansing Flame on squads larger than 30 models can only hit a number of enemy models equal to twice the number of purifier models in the squad using Cleansing Flame. The Game: -Each player turn will last 45 minutes. -The game will be apocalypse rules meaning no force organization chart. -The game will be 4 turns -The game will be objectives with each objective being worth 1 point unless otherwise specified. -Each team will have a general represented by 1 HQ character on each side. If they are killed place the model or another suitable marker on the table where his body fell. This is now a vital objective. If the HQ survives until the end of the game the controlling team gets 2 points. -The team that wins is the team that has the most amount of points at the end of the game. -Everything is a scoring unit unless it is falling back, is an immobilized vehicle, an independent character, or unless specifically stated in there unit entry such as Death Company. (This means vehicles, super-heavies, monstrous creatures, gargantuan creatures, and walkers can ALL CLAIM OBJECTIVES) Super Heavy Rules: Because everybody loves apocalyptic explosions we have slightly modified the table. Add half the turn rounding up to the die roll when rolling on the Catastrophic damage table. Turns 1-2 +1 Turns 3-4 +2 Turn 5 +3 Assets and Restricted Formations: The same strategic assest may only be chosen once per team. All strategic assets awarded because of a data sheet are allowed to be used by the player who took them. The following Assets have been banned Flank March Anti-Plant Barrage Restricted The following data sheets may only be taken once by each player Deathstrike Vortex Missile I don't have a price yet but we can assume it is around $20.00 a person. WAAAGH! da specifics

WAAAGH! Da...

Warlord Hakbash

Scoutfox

Scoutfox

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 307 posts
  • Army Name:Da Wamp Gataz
MA > NJ is not that far. I'd love to make it.

Rabtar

Rabtar

Tatter Stompin

• Goffs
  • 556 posts
With only 1 super heavy per git it looks like I will be loaning out my 2 Stompaz and my KillBrusta. First come first serve.
Unknown
Belkar Bitterleaf
Denis Leary

DA GREY GOFFZ

W=95 T=6 L=16