Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

First Game a Blast!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
  • Army Name:ORKS
After owning the boxed set for about 15 yrs I finally played a game. It was an awesome experience. Never have I had so many laugh out loud moments in a game. A few questions though: Can a model get off of a vehicle only after the vehicle has stopped moving, between gas and subsequent thrusts? Can a model that is down roll attack dice in close combat or is the attacker (on foot) able to just whack him?

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 431 posts
Glad to hear you had fun!
It can be bloody hilarious and it's one of the reasons I love the game so much. Are you planning on running a campaign?

Can a model get off of a vehicle only after the vehicle has stopped moving, between gas and subsequent thrusts?

Let's see, it should go something like this (correct me if I'm wrong):
They can get off before a vehicle moves, during its movement, or after it has finished moving.

Page 33 of Da Roolz should help you out.

Can a model that is down roll attack dice in close combat or is the attacker (on foot) able to just whack him?

It depends:
  • If the model is Down and a an enemy charges them then they go Out of Action automatically.
  • If the model is in hand to hand combat with a single enemy and take a hit that puts them Down they go Out of Action automatically.
  • However, if there are multiple defenders and one goes Down, he doesn't automatically go out.
See page 29 of Da Roolz for clarification. :)

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
yeah started the campaign with scenario 2 since there were only two players and we were using the stock lists in da uvver book. Planning to have the second game of the campaign tomorrow evening in my garage. Gotta be a bit homebound since my fiancee tore a ligament in her knee. Another question though, can a vehicle thrust off of the board during a thruster buster result? or is it considered a collision?

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 431 posts
It can thrust off the board and if so cannot come back on during the battle. It does not count as a casualty unless the scenario stipulates that it is. Have you taken a look at Digganob, by the way? Hope she recovers soon, sounds painful. I've spent Christmas suffering from tonsellitis :(

Gorbludd

Gorbludd

Rutted Gob Busta

• Grotz
  • 58 posts
I've seen the online PDF. Those muties look powerful. She's waiting for workers compensation to kick in since she tore it at her job. I was recovering from pulled wisdom teeth a few weeks ago.

Flamekebab

Flamekebab

Tankbusta Boy

• Boyz
  • 431 posts
Muties can be rather brutal although with the right tactics they can be overcome. Mattzm's Muties have a low mob rating but are a formidable bunch (another tUGS staffer).

I'm painting up my outlaw motorcycle gang at the moment having had to put them on hold for a few weeks. The imminent arrival of my new camera has got me all excited, it's a little sad.