Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stormboy nob

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

iEatGrots

iEatGrots

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squigz uv Gork
How do you attach a bosspole on him without the bosspole being to vulnerable, like being to high? :? If not I will just use an iron gob as a symbol of his 'ardness. :thumbs
Da Squigz uv Gork (1000 points) 15/4/7
Oi! Did yer see that? Them uvver greenskins is askin' fer trouble! Pullin' faces, shoutin' rude insults, hurlin' dung! They deserve a good bashin'!

My Warboss single-handedly krumped a Carnifex!
"Ooo, that 'fing looks big and killy. Let's see how 'ard it really iz!"

MaddaMek

MaddaMek

Gargant Krew

• Deathskullz
  • 2,772 posts
  • Army Name:Freak'd out Skulls
You can't aim in "flags" when shooting.
Moldmaking tutorials [part 1] [part2]

iEatGrots

iEatGrots

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 44 posts
  • Army Name:Da Squigz uv Gork
I was saying like being prone to breaking or snapping when too high. :blush
Da Squigz uv Gork (1000 points) 15/4/7
Oi! Did yer see that? Them uvver greenskins is askin' fer trouble! Pullin' faces, shoutin' rude insults, hurlin' dung! They deserve a good bashin'!

My Warboss single-handedly krumped a Carnifex!
"Ooo, that 'fing looks big and killy. Let's see how 'ard it really iz!"

Mad Grot Docsnik

Mad Grot Docsnik

Head Honcho

• Nobz
  • 3,476 posts
  • Army Name:Thousand Tribes Waaagh
yeah that's a perrenial problem with bosspoles and one of the reasons that there aren't a lot of them in my army. The key there is your transport methods. Face it, the ladz generally take more damage in storage and transport than they do on the table. Of course the taller a model gets the more likely it is to catch a sleeve and get launched off the table or get knocked over by an adjacent piece. So if you are using a flying mount the iron gob solution is usually a better choice as it keeps total height down. Big horns are the other klassik ork nob choice for badge of rank. Those can be added in a multitude of forms, helmet mount, shoulder mount, weapon mounted, etc.
Orks -- comic relief in the grim darkness of the far future.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of enforcing a rule that sigs should be genuinely witty or profound." -- Oddballz.

A wise grot knowz da roolz of Da Waaagh and obeyz dem.

Phillip Corrie

Phillip Corrie

Yoof

• Boyz
  • 207 posts
  • Army Name:My stuff
Quoted as per Ork Codex: "Ork nobz often have trophy pole, a metal jaw, or some other sign of their status to show that they are not to be messed with." Given this, it would be conceivable that a Nob for the Storm Boys can be picked out for having a boss pole by giving the model a hwlmet with big horns (the Black Reach Nob head with the longer and straighter horns will do nicely), or the addition of a head or two on the belt (think severed head from the Boyz sprue). The jaw plates in the Nob set are other great examples for the effect you are looking for too.
Games -w- Orks (6 th ed.)

W/L/T: 0/0/0

Taytonclait

Taytonclait

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 288 posts
Horns would look amazingly badass on a stormboy nob anyways, and a bosspole would just catch on, you know, powerlines and snag passing birds when Old Brikkfist or whomever is trying to stomp down on something fun. A cool trophy, also, could be the nob carrying a dead enemy, headless, in mid flight, with the helmet stabbed on some convenient armour plate or something. What better thing to throw down on the next squad you're attacking, than the body of the sergeant/leader of the squad you wiped out before?
Smash 'em, Bash em, Skin em alive!!

yoho1.5

yoho1.5

Burna Boy

• Boyz
  • 406 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Vampyre
My stormboy nob has a big choopa with "Da Boss" written on it. No ork would refute an order from "Da Boss".
Reduce! (Dakka, Krump) Reuse! (with help from Doks 'n Meks) Recycle! (Loot, 'n Loot more) GO GREEN!