Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Old Skool Gretchin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

ReedTheChamp

ReedTheChamp

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Delta Waaagh
Any tips on painting 50 gretchin and 5 runtherdz so that the look orky and mobby?

urluck

urluck

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 319 posts
Tricky......

If you have 50 odd of the 2nd ed grots, I doubt paint on its own is going to make them properly mobby. You'll just end up with 50 or so Grots with the same pose in every conceivable colour scheme. I think you might be best off breaking out your bits box and doing some conversion work on them. Like some new gun barrels and heads. There's a FAQ on modernising somewhere.

EDIT: Ah, here it is rebreather's conversion 101.

Unobtainium Rivits. my blog and your place for Orks, Transformers, and some other stuff.

ReedTheChamp

ReedTheChamp

Throws the bomb, not the pin.

• Grotz
  • 2 posts
  • Army Name:Delta Waaagh
I appreciate the input, but I am a relatively new ork player. my bits box has mostly beakie and fish'ead bits

Nazbag

Nazbag

Gyro Stabilised Monowheel

• Boyz
  • 538 posts
  • Army Name:Nazbags New Boyz
TBH I wouldn't bother split them into 2 mobs and give each one it's own paint scheme, As they are all in identical poses and have little augmentation on the model a Neat paint scheme will work best. As the grots are essentially in uniform they will belong to a Materialistic Nob, so Goff's Blood Axes, and given that dressing all your grots in neat nice cloths and giving them new shiny auto guns is a colossal waste of teef for most Orks, Bad Moons would also work (what a way to display your wealth, "I have so many teef even da grots look good!" ) If you want mobby grots go get the new platics, the old metal models or as you are happy to convert a box of gobos and loads of random guns to arm them with.

For  Laser Cut Terrain, Bases and accessories go toWar Games Tournaments

Garslag

Garslag

Swab Squig

• Grotz
  • 79 posts
  • Army Name:Waaa-Garslag
I think the old grots look tolerable (not good - tolerable) with a simple head swap. Cut off his head and face and substitute a new edition grot or gobbo head.

Grimskraga

Grimskraga

Buzzing Squig

• Grotz
  • 98 posts
  • Army Name:Boss Gubbinz boys
I mix all mine in win new Grotz and converted goblins and knoblars. they seem to work ok
GREEN IS BEST!!