Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Odin's WAAAGH gets some paint.....

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Flash Git

• Boyz
  • 1,047 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Some great work there, glad to see you started with the best unit...the grots . :biggrin Love the warpaint effect. I presume the Ghaz isnt finished yet or are the horns meant to be black? I think the leatherwork and trousers look great btw.
When all else fails Panic
If that doesnt work...then you know you are up to your neck in it!

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
thanks, The horns on Ghazz are actually shaded from a med brown to black on the tips. I have a real long horn that is shaded the same way. It's my understanding that the darker the horns the stronger and healthier the horn is. I actually updated the grotz and put some scraped painting on them now.

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Okay after a few days worth of painting I got my first Trukk done. part of me regrets having put them together and then going back and trying to paint it, but oh well. I am really happy with the way this came out. Hope you enjoy it too.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A close up of the ' NOZ" bottles
Posted Image

Drakon7

Drakon7

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 990 posts
  • Army Name:WAAAAAAGGGHHHH! O'da Red Orks!
excellent paint job! :D very nice!
Just cause wez a bit pinkish don't mean we ain't proppa!

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Hey Guys, I have an update:

I did a bit more work on the trukk I posted previously. It is now done. Apparently some argument has been made against my trukk, since it was in Deth Skull colors and not red I might have trouble convincing a TO, Judge or Opponent that the NOZ bottles represent a "Red Paint Job". If anyone argues this point after this update they are just being an ass.

I started off with a pair of buckets from the Warhammer Fantasy Empire Cannon accessories. Then built a Brush out of styrene. put it in the bucket, filled it with superglue, then painted it.
Here is a pic of the bucket and brush before paint:
Posted Image

Here is a completed Pic of the Trukk and the bucket o' red paint. I then added red streaks as if a Grot or a Boy grabbed brush and ran it across parts of the trukk to make it go fasta! Here are some pics:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The Next Trukk will be Red and white so this will not be needed. My army will have 3 trukks and the last one and it's Mob will be Yellow. I will use the other bucket on it too.

Here are some pics of my now completed second mob. I gave these a Red and white paintjob. Again the trukk is next and it will match this mob.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

What do you all think?

saintgeo23

saintgeo23

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 42 posts
  • Army Name:Bad moon - Bad guys
Paint buckets are awesome! Brilliant! I steal your idea for my army =P

Boss Bloodfang

Boss Bloodfang

Snotroom

• Grotz
  • 49 posts
  • Army Name:The Flesh Ripperz

Finally finished, here he is in all his glory!
Ghazkull Thrakka!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

How did you get ghazghulls arm in that position? :?
Boss Bloodfang

Loot,build,fix,kill!

My Looted Dreadnaught

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts

How did you get ghazghulls arm in that position? :?

There was a piece of the lug that sticks out like a keyhole, I filed that down the edge that just out and fits it in the down pointed position. I then added the piece of guitar string to help hide where the cables would connect to. I also had to file the bull's horn on his left into a steeper angle fit around the Klaw.

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Okay it's been some time. It's not my fault I got my early access to Star Wars The Old Republic. I had hoped to get this trukk done before that happened, but it did not work out that way. Today I finished Trukk 2! I still have one more Trukk, but after that one I can tell you I will never ever assemble another trukk without painting it first. Unlike a beakie vehicle, with an Ork Trukk there are more nooks than a Barnes and Noble bookstore!

Well here is da Red Mobz trukk.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A pic of the Trukk and the mob:
Posted Image

A pic of the previous mob and thier ride:
Posted Image

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Okay I was able to complete something. I have always liked the look of the AOBR Warboss. I made a slight alteration to him. I have added an attack squig to his Power Klaw. This is the warboss I will using when not taking Cadskull Thrakka (Ghazzy). What do you all think?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Woot! another figure done!

I took a risk with this. I took some wire and some Hudson & Allen barbed wire and intertwined it and made it, "squiggly" and attached it to the orbs. I also took a Scorcha from a Killa Kan and put the barrel on his pack and turned it into a Burna. (Was inspired by a friend's mod of a Big Mek and a blowtorch/counts as burna) I took a big risk with the lightning and having to do the OSL since I use brushes and not an airbrush. Since you have to paint the model the real colors then hit it with the OSL so it blends.

What do you all think?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Drakon7

Drakon7

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 990 posts
Hmm, this could be just me, but I think it looks more like his KFF is frosted then lit up... :| Maybe drybrush some blue over the white?

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts
Okay,
After a few people stating that the Big Mek look like he was covered in frost I have made a subtle change.
I added some Asureman Blue Wash (Liquid Talent!) a distance from the arcs. I left some white the closer to the arcs and I think it works. Not sure how much you can see the difference but here we go:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I can plainly see the difference in person, not sure how well it translates to the camera..

Drakon7

Drakon7

Kommando

• Boyz
  • 990 posts
Looks better :) Its subtle but thats all you really needed! :D Proppa job all around! ;)

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts

Looks better :) Its subtle but thats all you really needed! :D Proppa job all around! ;)

Thanks!

Deathskull Ned

Deathskull Ned

Shoota Boy

• Boyz
  • 243 posts
  • Army Name:Da Proud Tooths
Always nice to see a bit of proppa deff skull work! Tops on both trukks and those boys are just beautiful, errr... I mean evil. Jobs a good 'un!
My Orkz
My grotz coming soon...
My fluff

Odin Waaaghfist

Odin Waaaghfist

Mushling

• Grotz
  • 38 posts

Always nice to see a bit of proppa deff skull work! Tops on both trukks and those boys are just beautiful, errr... I mean evil. Jobs a good 'un!

Thank you Sir.
I have been negligent on getting more done.