Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Orcs by Stan Nicholls

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Sorry nwasnt quite sure where this should go, so i stuck it here. Just found a good novel or rather 4 novels in one Omnibus edition by a guy called Stan Nicholls, written from the perspective of a greenskin rather than from an outsider. Havent finished it yet but am already hooked! Its all grit and action from page one. thought id pass it on in case anyone is interested.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
this'd belong in the fungus beer hall, as it's not about tactics or modelling. it's one of my favourite books of all time. i've got the omnibus and the first in the new 'bad blood' sequal series. waiting on the next.

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
thanks BMTK perhaps someone will move it to the right area for me. Wasnt quite sure myself. Nearly finished it now and certainly a good read, will have to keep an eye out for more of the same.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
These look great and i'll take your words for it. Thanks for this guys. It's hard to find good books with orks/orcs in them , much less good books in which orcs are the protagonists.

Havoc Prime

Havoc Prime

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 7 posts
I love this series looking forward to the latest one that's out this month :)
"I’m Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka an’ I speak wiv da word of da gods. We iz gonna stomp da ‘ooniverse flat an’ kill anyfing that fights back. We iz gonna do this coz’ we’re Orks an’ we was made ta fight an’ win!"

KONKURUR

KONKURUR

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
  • Army Name:KRAKZKULLZ
I enjoyed the series but thought it ran out of steam in places. The description of the instrumentalities underwhelmed as well. Still, a very nice change of pace to have the POV from greenskins instead of pinkies.

If you enjoyed this series, you should check out Goblin Corps by Ari Marmell as well. Only one Orc, but what an Orc! Tragicomedy from our POV!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts

I enjoyed the series but thought it ran out of steam in places. The description of the instrumentalities underwhelmed as well. Still, a very nice change of pace to have the POV from greenskins instead of pinkies.

If you enjoyed this series, you should check out Goblin Corps by Ari Marmell as well. Only one Orc, but what an Orc! Tragicomedy from our POV!

well they're 5 balls with different amounts of spikes, and they're different colours. they're simple looking - they only need simple descriptions!

-BMTK-

KONKURUR

KONKURUR

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 10 posts
  • Army Name:KRAKZKULLZ
"5 balls with different amounts of spikes, and they're different colours" Yep. They make me think of tinker-toys, megablocks and so on.

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Dreadnought Pilot

• Blood Axez
  • 1,874 posts
i think my biggest problem was nyadds suddenly changing from big slug things with carapaces that live underwater to tree nymphs that look like women and are connected to the trees. big ass continuity error there.

-BMTK-

Gruntfuttock

Gruntfuttock

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 14 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh Gruntfuttock

Quick note: Dryads are connected to trees, Nyads are connected to water. Author prob just got a bit confused. there's also a book by Mary Gentle called GRUNTS: serioulsy check it out for Fantasy Orcs, it's fantastic!

Captain! Bring me another Elf, this one seems to have split!