Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waagh UK 2012

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

Poll: Waaagh 2012 Date (12 member(s) have cast votes)

When do you want to get duffed over in Nottingham - multiple choice

1. Feb 11th 12th Shares with a GW Masterclass on Saturday start of half term week (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Feb 18th- 19th end of half term week (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

3. March 3rd-4th (shares with Black Library Live presentation on Saturday) (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

4. March 10th 11th - Shares with a GW Masterclass on Saturday (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. March 17th-18th Shares with Warhammer Throne of Skulls probable difficulties with tables (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. March 24th 25th (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

7. March 31st April 1st - GW Masterclass on Saturday, Forgeworld Openday Sunday probable difficulties with tables (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

8. April 14th 15th (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

9. April 21st-22nd (5 votes [18.52%])

10. Later (5 votes [18.52%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
  • Location:At the center of my universe, Whangarei, Noo Zeelund
  • Army Name:Which Army are we talking about?
I've been talking to the shop over the weekend and things are booking up quickly So unless anybody else wants to stick their greasy paw up I'm happy to organise the event. Dates - 24th - 25th March booked Saturday - Big Aporklyspe game - 2 to 3000 pts per person on a big table - 5 joined tables booked with battle boards to give added fun. Sunday - Little games (Pete1000 is thinking of 'My Warboss is bigger/betta/'arder den your Warboss)
the voices in my head sound better as a choir

War isn't about who's right... war is about who's left...

Sumus ubi Sumus

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,942 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun
Its a probably good idea Ed, what with you being local it should be easier, if you're happy to organise it. (Reminds me I still have to sort out Blastaboltz Spanna - life's been a bit hectic lately, but I've not forgotten) Are we still thinking about running that scenario idea? If so, let me know and we'll plot it behind da scenes. I can happily do the Golden Grot and naturally the Golden Git for next year, but given its been almost a year and I've still not done Blastaboltz' spanna, I probably shouldn't do that one next year. On the little Games Front... I do have an idea for that. I've been working on a Ruleset called Deffbowl, which is sort of 40k Bloodbowl, utilising the Clans. Perhaps we could work together to get that running and then run it on the Sunday and document it.

Keg

Keg

'Ead Graft

• Deathskullz
  • 718 posts
  • Army Name:Keg'z Mek 'Eadz
Sounds like a solid idea, I'm down for it for now. With being a weedy unemployed git I have no idea where I'll be in the near future, but I'll put my name down anyway. I've actually been doing more with my orks too so this'll give me an excuse to get my arse into gear, just don't expect the impossability of a fully painted army. :lol Keg

BlackSpike

BlackSpike

Loota Boy

• Boyz
  • 1,209 posts
  • Army Name:Waaagh! BlackSpike
I'll try to call in at some point over the weekend!
Not sure if I can stay long enough to play, but might bring some models to be laughed at , show off, be laughed at! ;)
"The Orks are the Pinnacle of Creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We panzee who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn? And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask! We see a culture that is strong and dismiss it as crude."

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Manik

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,264 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
I'm perfectly willing to organise it the meet again if needs be and have been thinking of posting a thread around now since we're about 6 months from the time when we have it (mid-late March). That said I am now down south in Salisbury due to RL and said RL is a little... interesting at the moment, but not sufficiently so that would get in the way of actually organising anything. That plan from the reddish board with the river and roads we had from back months ago at the end of the last day sounds good, though I'm personally not sure about having more than two sides, but could be interesting if it works properly

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts
  • Army Name:Warlord Wrecker's Grand Horde
sounds good to me always down to hang with the waaaagh uk guys for a weekend! being at uni and not working means money is a little tight at the minute, but i'll get a job soon PROMISE :biggrin so if all goes well any time around easter (before preferablly) should work for me. if i do make it down, any chance i can sleep at your place eddie, dont know wether big mek teefordz will still be there or not around that time of year, as i believe he is on his final year.

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...
remember kids, never trust an ork who shows his teeth

UK WAAAGH 2014 25/26 October

http://www.the-waaag...showtopic=53289

Redtoof

Redtoof

Stormboy

• Snakebitez
  • 1,334 posts
  • Army Name:Da Viperz
As long as it doesn't end up conflicting with something else, I'll probably drive down for the 1st day again, and let Nipper out of his box. :)

My squiggy Nipper

WAAAGH Meet UK 2014 - Round 2 - Or if you prefer your Orks with head wounds and mono-wheels, the Gorkamorka meet November 1st 2014

Big Mek Teefordz

Big Mek Teefordz

Snotling

• Boyz
  • 121 posts
  • Location:Either Nottingham or Worcestershire, both in England
As long as it's not during the university's easter holidays I should be around. (During the holidays, I get kicked out of halls. :sowhat ) Once we have a date I'll confirm whether I can make it.

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts
curse my monday 9:00am start! that really limits the times i can go due to the fact i really dont want to travel late at night on the train back to leicester any way i voted, and now i know what i'm doing over christmas.

standard deffwing tactic: rush fast and hit like a runaway freight train with a rocket booster on the last carriage...

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
The Poll is Multiple Choice Cookie

You can put in more than one date

Sumus ubi Sumus

cookie

cookie

Runtherd

• Boyz
  • 284 posts
cant seem to pick more than one date, but that may be due to the fact i voted eariler............ that and i picked the date where i wont be doing anything at uni for that weekend

GrogDaTyrant

GrogDaTyrant

Mr Angry

• Deathskullz
  • 4,093 posts
  • Army Name:People's Democratic Republic of Federal Democratic Rebuplic of Tyranny!
Bleh... I was 6 to 8 months too early! :( Maybe (*just maybe*) I can dredge up enough cash and fly over there for the 2012 meet-up... (really big maybe).
QUOTE (Fact Core, from Portal 2)
-Whales are twice as intelligent and three times as delicious as humans.

-In Victorian England, a commoner was not allowed to look directly at the Queen due to a belief at the time that the poor had the ability to steal thoughts. Science now believes that less than four percent of poor people are able to do this.

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
Tough... :! I know - virtual gaming. You set up an army list, we source it from here, and we get a grot online with a head mounted web cam and shouty phone to do all the movements and roll your dice. Brilliant! - Free WI-FI at GW to piggy back from, and we can do it on Skype for free. :thumbs Sorted!

Sumus ubi Sumus

Dim_Reapa

Dim_Reapa

Ban Stikk Target

• Grot Rebelz
  • 3,942 posts
  • Army Name:Trotskin'z Revulushun

Tough...

:! I know - virtual gaming. You set up an army list, we source it from here, and we get a grot online with a head mounted web cam and shouty phone to do all the movements and roll your dice. Brilliant! - Free WI-FI at GW to piggy back from, and we can do it on Skype for free.

:thumbs Sorted!

Or alternatively, there's Virtual Virtual Gaming, where Grog imagines that we've set all of that up, and then we don't need to worry about the git.

pete1000

pete1000

Ammo Runt

• Boyz
  • 155 posts
  • Army Name:Waagh Gobwalsh
Hi All, I can make most of those dates. I have voted for the easy ones in March and the 14/15 April. I recommend we get the date booked asap. Nick Bayton is the best guy to deal with at GW. I am not going to Warhammer World as often as I used to due to the way they have treated 1st Company Veterans but will call in once a month. As I live in Derby I am relatively close so I can help Ed (or whoever) with organisation. Also I now have all the Orkyanapolis and the Top Grot scenery in store if you need it. I haven't done much modelling since I finished my Warkopta and got my Kommandos painted a few months ago. I have been thinking of doing a Baneblade conversion but need something to inspire me. My idea for Sunday would be to set up all the ork town scenery we have. Have a load of Loot markers randomly placed but you don't know what they represent until you get in conatct with them(bags of teef, gubbins, bits of wargear or worthless rubbish) and each of us use a warboss and nobs mob and grots. Grab the Loot and kick the other mobs! Will need some thinking. Perhaps points limit of 750 each? Prizes for who gets most loot, causes most wounds, does the most orky thing etc. Maybe a limit to no heavy support and no troops. Maybe no fast attack other than nobs bikes. Would like to use the clans codexes and special characters. Let me know what you think. Pete :cheers

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,828 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
If i can get my arse in gear and finish up painting my models then i'll be coming, how much does it cost?

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

eddie the troll

eddie the troll

Da Mole

• Boyz
  • 1,034 posts
To you that'll be 500, make cheques payable to eddie the troll :thumbs Its free, get yourself up here, pay for your o wn beer and food. You might be able to beg a bed or comfy floor.

Sumus ubi Sumus

Zot Mek Blastaboltz

Zot Mek Blastaboltz

Speckled Bloodshade Fungus

• Grotz
  • 19 posts
  • Army Name:-
Hi Boyz. I hope to attend but as work lets me know my work days 2-3 weeks in advance. I picked the dates that don't involve mixing with GW events (if we are attending @ WHW?) Looking forward to getting my spanna.....got a battle fortress to finish...a meks work is never done. Zok Mek Blastaboltz :!
Damm, can't an Ork have a biscuit...!

big mek tank krusha

big mek tank krusha

Battlewagon Gunner

• Blood Axez
  • 1,828 posts
  • Army Name:da mekforce
am i right in assuming that this event requires the armies to be fully painted & based? wouldn't want to turn up and find I'm not allowed to play ;) if so, please pick as late-a-date as possible ;) :lol

-BMTK-

the proppa way to loot a bastion!

mechanical nids in the FBH!

4th Edition Orks in 7th W/D/L: 7/0/3

7th edition Orks W/D/L 4/0/0

Dribble Joy

Dribble Joy

Manik

• Bad Moonz
  • 2,264 posts
  • Army Name:Nuggruz's Iron Klads.
Yes, fully painted, at least for the big game on the Saturday.