Welcome to Da WAAAGH
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Uncomped O&G army

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Glenn87

Glenn87

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Hi guys, I've started O&G about 1.5 Months ago. But I've got NO idea how to make/expand my army. I would like it to be competitive, but most competitions are comped. Now I've red a post on Druchii.net of someone who made a list of utter Filth, totally Uncomped. Now my question: How can we make the O&G army totally filth (uncomped). I'm asking because I don't have enough experience with O&G. (btw, most player in my playing group are very competitive, so our group won't mind such lists, if they did, I wouldn't take them).

Kaptun Krum

Kaptun Krum

Arbork Kaptun

• Bosses
  • 6,145 posts
  • Army Name:Da Arborkz
O&G are a pretty balanced non-over the top army so making an utter filth list whlie probably doable, is going to be pretty hard. My question is why would you? If you want to make filth lists you should be playing daemons, VC, skaven, and Dark Elves. Not orcs.
Arborkz on Patrol
Kaptun Krum on Patrol!!

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
Sigh.....as Kaptain said , there are other armies better suited for that kind of stuff. The cheesiest orc stuff i ve seen: - Lots of warmachines (dirt cheap, usually 6 -9 of them...) - chariots / fast cavalry (cheap and effective in large quantities) - big blocks of night gobbos with all the bells and whistles - savage orcs / especially savage big uns with 2 hand weaps - Big waaagh and little waagah spell lores work best together. Steal dice with the gobbos, then cast the nasty stuff with the ork shamman - stay away from orky magic items Boring if you ask me, but i've seen guys win over the usual -cheesy- suspects with those things. If that's your thing, well , have at them :P

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
  • Army Name:Mad Miks motor'eads
Got to agree with the previous comments, one of the reasons i like playing with Orcs and goblins is the fun factor. I have dwarfs and Warriors of Chaos also but the army i love playing the most is Orcs and espescially goblins. Why? not because they win all the time, in fact quite often i am handed my ass on a plate, but because they are so much more fun to play with. The randomness of night goblin fanatics, giants, doomdivers, pump wagons and animosity rolls just makes me smile. Sadly, still not got the new rules, been too busy recently with my Orks and limited budget, so i cannot comment on the changed codex, but hopefully all that random chaos is still alive and well. There is nothing like a well executed plan of annialation cleverly generalled and then just when victory is at hand and that anticipation is bubbling, a few dodgy snake eyes and you are suddenly up to your neck in Squig excrement.. thats why i would choose to play Orcs and Goblins.

When all else fails Panic
If that doesn't work...then you know you're up to your neck in it!

brutalis

brutalis

Explosive Kranium

• Boyz
  • 596 posts
The randomness is alive and kicking! Check out the mangler squig whenever you get the chance. Fun! :)

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
Glad to hear it Brutalis and long may it be so! I will have the new codex...and perhaps the gigantic spider thing also, before years out , touch wood. It should help bring further colour to my goblin horde. The mangler squid sonds tempting. Only recently got the new rulebook so look forward to putting it to use with some nice hordes. Sadly i converted all my Night goblin bowmen into Gretchin before the new bow and arrow rules came into play.

Glenn87

Glenn87

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 9 posts
Yeah I know other armies are better suited for the utter filth stuff. My main army is Dark Elves and I've got Deamons lying around here (altough I chose those armies when I started playing, with no idea of the filth-factor, just out of coolness). But I want to play tournaments, that's why I'm asking (and I want to play something else then DE's)

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts

Yeah I know other armies are better suited for the utter filth stuff. My main army is Dark Elves and I've got Deamons lying around here (altough I chose those armies when I started playing, with no idea of the filth-factor, just out of coolness).

But I want to play tournaments, that's why I'm asking (and I want to play something else then DE's)

Dont get me wrong Glenn87, Orcs and Goblins can be a good tournement army to choose, they can hold their own and win battles, but things can go disastorously wrong also, and you will have to live with and enjoy the chaos if you choose to use them.

The suggestions made by Brutalis are good ones, though i always find that Black orcs are a good main unit choice and i gather are even cheaper on the new codex. They might not be the hardest unit available, but as far as O&G are concerned they pack a punch!

Also worth checking out just how many goblin shaman you can get for very few points, unless the new rules have changed that.

Dont forget also, that it isnt just you as the O&G general that has to worry about the chaos you bring to the field, but your opponent too! The likes of fanatics can create uter bedlam on a battlefield, slaying frend and foe alike and completely ruining any preset battle stratergies your opponent may have, so use lots of them, sit back and giggle insanely at every opportunity!

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
okay, had a 2500+ battle today O&G vs Dwarfs against myself. The dwarfs inc Dwarf Lord on Sheildbearers in a unit of 20 Longbeards, Joseph Bugman and 14 Quarreller rangers, a unit of 12 Ironbreakerss, a horde of 40 warriors, a hero with Battlestandard, a small band of slayers, 2 cannon, 1 Organ gun, 20 thunderers, 12 miners and a gyrocopter, Basically all the dwarfs i has and coming to approx 2700pts The Orcs and Goblins (oldcodex version) consisted of Grimgor and 12 Immortals, 1 savage orc shaman level 2, 5 night goblin shaman level1 each, 1 NG battlestandard bearer, and a Forest goblin warboss on a gigantic spider, the troopps inc 2 units of NGs spearmen 10X5 (50) and 10X4 with 3 fanatics in each, 2 lobbas 2 spear chukkas, 1 giant,1 wolf chariot. 6 trolls, and 10 spider riders. (pretty much all the greenskins i had) Total points just over 2500 so there were marginally weaker than the dwarfs, It ended a draw! the O&Gs had some good luck and some bad luck. The giant for example was wiped out in one go by a fanatic that landed on him and did 11 strngth 5 hits and doing 6 wounds, (ouch). The spearchukkas missed all but the last round of shots, but when they did hit, they wiped out the giant slayersen masse, the magic really sucked but one of the shaman did manage to roll irrisistable force on a Mork wants ya, killing the targetted Dwarf Lord, and rolling snake eyes on the miscast table and wiping out 2 black orcs, a full unit of Ironbreakers, 2 dwarf longbeard warriors and actually surviving himself! Only to be killed by a longbeard the next round. The trolls spent most of the battle stock behind the NGs spearmen but when the combined cannonfire thunderers and Organ gun wiped out one of the two NG units (the smaller one with 3 shaman in it) the Trolls finally got to attack and wiped out the Longbeards in one magnificent puke and stop attack, killing 7 and making the stumpies run (though not fast enough to stop them getting caught by the trolls). The Spiderriders and Gigantic spider lost out early in the game tsaking on the horde of Dwarf warriors and then running away, only to be sadly outchased by the same stumpies who attacked and overran the fleeing remaining spiders. (note to self- use the bows you bought for them nexttime and dont pick on hordes with fast cavalry) They did have aweful rolls to be fair. As for the rock lobbas, although they started well and caused some damage, the sneaky stumpies shot one of the units to peices with Bugmans rangers quarrellers at close range(think hedgehog!) and the miners snuck in the back door and assaulted the second one and made kindling of it. The wolf chariot charged vainy into the Ironbreakers , might as well have ran into a cliff, lost combat fled and continued to flee till it ran across the board and into the now hungry miners. All things considered, not a bad draw, with most of one unit of NG spearmen, trolls and Spearchukkas left at game end, the dwards had miners, bugmans troop, thunderes 1 cannon and 1 organ gun left.

Mik McMok the Mek

Mik McMok the Mek

Skarboy

• Boyz
  • 1,420 posts
Tried Orcs & Goblins vs Chaos Warriors today, and it was a close thing but the O&G won out in the end. The campaign was the Watchtower and it started with Sigvald and 10 chaos warriors holding it. It took 8 rounds to finish the battle and for 7 of them Sigvald held out , but at the end of round 7 he lost out to a duel with Grimgor ironhide and rolled 11 on his leadership and fled the tower, meaning Grimgor and the unit of Nightgoblin Spearmen with him could take the tower. ...and thats when the game ended...it was that close. Snatching victory from the grimy maws of defeat! However, I still had 20 NG bowmen, 12 spiderriders and goblin bigboss battlestandard on gigantic spider , Grimgor, and 30 or so NG spearmen, another unit of around 20 NG spearmen, a wolf chariot,and a rock lobba, whereas the Chaos warriors only had Sigvald and 5 maurauder horsemen.

Grublug

Grublug

Puffball Fungus

• Grotz
  • 6 posts
The dirtyest thing Ive ever done was 1 rank of stone trolls 12 wide and 4 inch behind them 4 units of 50 fully kitted out night gobbos with 2 fanatics each. The MR and regen of the trolls eats up most War Machine and magic hits. you then hold the trolls and shove your fanatics right though them. The trolls take a couple wonunds and then regen a couple of those. Now your opponents charging units stop their movment right on top of the fanatics and take 2d6 S5 hits. Then they have to take the Troll hits. Unless the fanatics totaly fail you should win a couple of combats. I like sticking 1 archer unit in the middle and one toward a flank that way if some big horrid beat stick comes up I can shoot the snot out of it as it advances even 1-2 wounds on a blood thirster from 70ish arrow shots means its that much weaker in CC when the trolls start barfing on it.